Pay no attention to this post

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I left a small town partly because this was happening and the guy that bought my house ,in a town of about 2000 people,... Was from NYC leaving the filth.
Then you are part of the problem. You should not have sold your house to such a heinous human being. Blame yourself...

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Then you are part of the problem. You should not have sold your house to such a heinous human being. Blame yourself...
Didnt knpw where they were from before the sale but my little town had already been overrun by the same kind of people already so wouldnt matter

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Looks pretty good from here in Canuckistan... Here, the federal gov't wants my guns and my income, the provincial govt wants my kids and what's left of my income, and the local government wants to block the oil pipeline that pays for everything. And even in the countyside here we have people who vote for the party that is coming for their deer gun, taxing their well, and providing substandard healthcare and education for twice what it should cost. The unions and the party donors are doing pretty good though.
While there are quite a few things we could do better here in the US, I’m not itching to go anywhere else. If we ever move it would be far enough away from the I40/I85 corridors where the population is concentrated to somewhere less populous. We have areas right here in NC with more bears than people and a lot of places with more deer than people. So long as my father and job are here, I’m tied to this place (which is not a complaint). When he’s no longer here (hopefully a long time from now) and I’m retired (hopefully not so long) no telling what we’ll do with the place. Developers intermittently come knocking. Maybe someday we’ll let them have it and move on, but Canada isn’t on the list for the exact reasons you stated. That and I’m told it’s stupid cold up there at least part of the year, which isn’t good with me.

I would, however prefer my neighbors mind their business and I mind mine.

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
I have a good friend who lives in Oley, he hates Reading with a passion.
Wife and I used to go to the fringe of Reading for dinner at The Peanut Bar at least once a month.
Reading got bad and now have not been there since well before the china virus. One thing the $h!t show has shown us is that we did go out to dinner way to much. We did normally try to stay away from chains. We cook much more at home now. In fact just split a half steer with our daughter.
Better food at home anyway.

Reactions: 1 user

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
When my nephew moved his family to Idaho from kalifornia, they wanted stupid money to leave the moving can here. He drove it back, then drove his truck up, and saved a ton.
I told him we should offer to drive a few down, and all come back in the pickup, maybe they will pay us!

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
While there are quite a few things we could do better here in the US, I’m not itching to go anywhere else. If we ever move it would be far enough away from the I40/I85 corridors where the population is concentrated to somewhere less populous. We have areas right here in NC with more bears than people and a lot of places with more deer than people. So long as my father and job are here, I’m tied to this place (which is not a complaint). When he’s no longer here (hopefully a long time from now) and I’m retired (hopefully not so long) no telling what we’ll do with the place. Developers intermittently come knocking. Maybe someday we’ll let them have it and move on, but Canada isn’t on the list for the exact reasons you stated. That and I’m told it’s stupid cold up there at least part of the year, which isn’t good with me.

I would, however prefer my neighbors mind their business and I mind mine.
We left upstate SC (Charlotte) area 9 years ago to get away from another oncoming Atlanta. Came to SW Virginia, probably only an hour or two north of you. Absolutely beautiful here with very low taxes.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
We left upstate SC (Charlotte) area 9 years ago to get away from another oncoming Atlanta. Came to SW Virginia, probably only an hour or two north of you. Absolutely beautiful here with very low taxes.
SW VA is definitely a beautiful area and not far from us.

Charlotte is a clustered up mess now. Good thing you got out. Family used to own some commercial property down there on the SC border. Thankful we had it and more thankful we don’t now. We’re in the center of Winston-Salem, Greensboro, an High Point 3 miles south of I40 bypass with commercial development approaching from the south and residential approaching from the north. 30 years ago it was agricultural with a few non-farm residences. We now have condos and developments going in to put around 6,000 people within about 3 miles of us. We can turn this place into a tree farm pretty easily to get the farm exemption for property tax purposes to stave off developers until we get the right price but unless I die young we’ll have to leave at some point. Not looking forward to it regardless of what we end up getting for it.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

just an opinion

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Did you know moving out of the state of California my cause cancer due to other states allow normal life to take place and deal with the cards delt to us? 😉

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Did you know moving out of the state of California my cause cancer due to other states allow normal life to take place and deal with the cards delt to us? 😉
I think that's on the prop 65 label at the state line :)