Pat's Easy Change VS Quick hitch

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
New tractor owner. After fighting with 3 pt attachments, I have been looking for help. Almost went the quick hitch route, but was swayed towards the Pat's Easy Change and pulled the trigger. Came in Thursday so I attached it yesterday. I am very glad I went to Pat's. It was easy to attach to the tractor. And is making hooking/unhooking 3 pt attachments MUCH easier. And the thing I was afraid of (some problems with different with implements, isn't a problem with this. It easily adjusts to different widths.

Anyone else have comments?

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
My HF quick hitch just became another implement to be mounted and un-mounted, depending on what I needed to use (since it did not fit all of my old rusty used implements).

My plan was to turn the QH into something that I can skid logs with but since I got my grapple, I have no need to drag logs in the dirt. I just pick it up!!

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I have had a QH ever since my first tractor and love it. It makes hooking up to attachments very easy. I have read so much about the Pat's hitch and purchased a set. I didn't care for them much, I don't know if it was that I was so used to using the QH that the Pat's seemed more difficult. I sold the Pat's and went back to the QH and have been very happy since.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I sold the Pat's and went back to the QH and have been very happy since.
Yep, there’s some that swear by Pat’s and as many that swear by a QH.

I really like my QH, but did have to modify a couple attachments. Not an issue with Pat’s.

It’s almost like a Ford/Chevy or Dino/synthetic discussion. We all have our preferences.

Reactions: 1 user

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
A lift arm with 3 drilled holes is a lot cheaper than a lift arm with ball joints on the ends. Why are they made that way? As lift arms move up and down - geometry changes. As lift arms sway side to side - geometry changes. Pats (junk, my opinion) clamps to the lift arms with a u-bolt and 4 pinch bolts. You lose the swivel action at the implement end.

Had Pat's on a BX. If you cut a dowel rod in half and secured each half to the lift arms you would see something like -- \/ /\ depending on lift arm height. Sub cat1 and cat1 produces similar errors in the horizontal plane.

Quick hitches attach exactly like an implement (3 pins) none of the swiveling actions are lost. Implement pins are not stressed or flexed with QH. Unlike antique implements, modern day ones are QH compatible or only need minor modification.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I'm in the QH group. I have had one since I bought my tractor. All my implements work with it. It works so well, my dad decided he needed one for his tractor.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
This is what I love about this site, I buy what I like, you buy what you like, we discuss advantages and disadvantages of each. You can't change my mind, I can't change your mind, and others get to learn from our conversations and recommendations.

Reactions: 1 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Which one do you have to get off the tractor to use?

I would pick that one and adapt my attachments to fit so I never had to get off the tractor again.

Honestly, I don't get the fascination with Pats. If this was 30 years ago (pre-QH) I could understand because the hook-ups were a pain. Pats IMO is a half way there solution. The QH completes it.

One big difference I notice using the QH, I no longer get covered in grease changing implements.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Much depends upon your implements and your tractor usage.

I had a Speeco QH on the John Deere 1530 for about 20 years. I read about the PAT's and put that on the Kubota M4900. I was so pleased that I ordered and installed a PAT's on the JD and the QH may never be used again.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I found the argument regarding the ball joint function interesting.

The QH makes ball joints un-necessary! Everything stays fixed in all motion except rotation.

Pat's is definately a compromise on that aspect. I bought the Pat's to add length. The smaller tractor and the larger have differing PTO length requirements, and the PAT's made it all better ;-)

I get greasy hooking up the PTO, not so much the links, Pat's or not (the larger tractor is straight 3point. As is the Cat 2 tractor) I can deal with the hook up, though at times it's a pain!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'm not impressed with either system... Pat's adds length which changes 'geometry' and PTO shafting..., QH seems to need impelements MODIFIED to fit it....
sigh...
I'll stick with the Snap-Coupler system that Allis-Chamlers invented. No mods to ANY implement, 30 seconds to get on, less to get off, and better pulling,no need to get off the seat either !

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I found the argument regarding the ball joint function interesting.
Pat's tried to imitate the european style of 3 point hitch at 1:10 in above video you will see ball style adapters on the implement pins. The top link uses an upside down hook to connect to a top link ball.
Tractor-3-point-Tow-hitch-Ball-and.jpg

this is what pat's should have been

QH10 SERIES QUICK-HITCHES
The QH10 Quick Hitch has been specifically designed for use on tractors with Cat. 1 3-point hitches. It features non-standard lower lugs that eliminate the need for bushings in most cases. Similar to the QH15, the QH10 is manufactured from 1/4" formed steel. It is 32-5/8" tall and 21-3/4" wide with a stationary top hitch. The non-standard lower lugs are designed to handle standard 7/8" Cat. 1 pins without the need for added bushings.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Pat's tried to imitate the european style of 3 point hitch at 1:10 in above video you will see ball style adapters on the implement pins. The top link uses an upside down hook to connect to a top link ball.
View attachment 47521
this is what pat's should have been

QH10 SERIES QUICK-HITCHES
The QH10 Quick Hitch has been specifically designed for use on tractors with Cat. 1 3-point hitches. It features non-standard lower lugs that eliminate the need for bushings in most cases. Similar to the QH15, the QH10 is manufactured from 1/4" formed steel. It is 32-5/8" tall and 21-3/4" wide with a stationary top hitch. The non-standard lower lugs are designed to handle standard 7/8" Cat. 1 pins without the need for added bushings.
For those that do not know of the Euro type ends. You get full articulation with full contact in all positions.

Euro hook on extendable link.png Euro lower hook.png

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
I like my Pat's. I used it on my previous blue machine with no issues. Thought about getting a QH when I bought the L, but decided to transfer the Pat's over. Ended up having to buy a longer top link for the L to accommodate.

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
I bought the 4" extension when I bought the Pat's. I only have 2 implements that run off the rear PTO since I just bought my tractor. But one of them would not have worked with the QH. I like the Pat's so far!