Parting out RC54-B, **NOT RC54-71B**

rustythread

Equipment
L35, B7200HST
Nov 10, 2012
Mt Vernon, IL
Deck shell discorporated from metal fatigue. All other parts available. Suggest you check your part numbers versus the corresponding part on the RC54--many of these parts apppear to be interchangeable from one model to another. PM with any questions.

Apologies for misnomer re model! Label is damaged and I misread.

Last edited:

red35X

Equipment
B2910
Dec 15, 2011
hudson, wi, usa
Deck shell discorporated from metal fatigue. All other parts available. Suggest you check your part numbers versus the corresponding part on the RC54--many of these parts apppear to be interchangeable from one model to another. PM with any questions.
I have a new...never mowed grass RC54-71B mower deck. It is missing some of the attachment linkage. What would u want for the linkage from your deck? Thanks

rustythread

Equipment
L35, B7200HST
Nov 10, 2012
Mt Vernon, IL
I have a new...never mowed grass RC54-71B mower deck. It is missing some of the attachment linkage. What would u want for the linkage from your deck? Thanks
I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'm curently inquiring into another mower deck, and don't know yet if it comes with the complete attachment linkage (Craiglist, deck is two hours away and haven't heard back from seller yet.)

rustythread

Equipment
L35, B7200HST
Nov 10, 2012
Mt Vernon, IL
As of Friday 01/07/22, still trying to get info on replacement deck and hangers, to see f I can sell you my hanger set.
In the meantime, tho, some unsolicited advice: In order to change the belt you have to temporarily remove the two struts that hold the gearbox to the deck (or start from below and remove the blade, bosses, etc topulll the spoindle and gearbox up). When the bolts holding the struts to the deck rust out from the bottom strut removal is difficult i to mpossible. While your deck is still newish, I'd suggest that you rustproof all the bolts holding the spindle assemblies and gearbox struts on. This wil save you a lot of trouble at later belt or bearing replacement.

rustythread

Equipment
L35, B7200HST
Nov 10, 2012
Mt Vernon, IL
NOTE correction to original posts; somepartsmay be same, some not. Note that this mower was on a B7200HST, and the parts list / diagram for the lift/linkage parts differentiates between the mower for the HST and those for other models

red35X

Equipment
B2910
Dec 15, 2011
hudson, wi, usa
out of town and wont be able to until middle of month. i have mountings for several different mowers and will have to decipher mounts for this deck but know it was missing some of the linkage when I got it.