Parking Brake & Service Brakes

Haylough

Equipment
L3410
Oct 29, 2016
Rogers, Mn. USA
Hi, just bought a used 2002 L3410. I did a dumb bass thing and left my parking brake on while doing some work. Now parking brake does not hold the machine and the service brakes really are insufficient. My question is, is there an adjustment linkage on these or do I need new brakes installed? I've looked on line and in manuals but couldn't find any answers. Thx for looking and any opinions appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it pulls on the rods to engage brakes, then shorten rods, if it pushes on the rods to engage brakes, then lengthen rods.

Just don't make them too tight, and if adjusting them still leaves you with bad brakes, your going to need to replace the brake disks! ;)

Southern Yankee

Equipment
L3301 HST, Front Loader. Land Pride Brush-Hog, Box Blade, and Quick Hitch
May 21, 2016
Wellston, Oklahoma
Do not feel bad, I did the same thing on my new L3301. Big red light on the control panel and I still missed it. Dealer adjusted it during the 50 hour. I need to get in the habit of tapping the brake before I move off. Front end loader on the ground always makes a good brake but you have to remember to pick it up.

Richard

Reactions: 1 user

opie21

Feb 5, 2017
US
Do not feel bad, I did the same thing on my new L3301. Big red light on the control panel and I still missed it. Dealer adjusted it during the 50 hour. I need to get in the habit of tapping the brake before I move off. Front end loader on the ground always makes a good brake but you have to remember to pick it up.

Richard
The back blade makes a good brake too but the same problem. Made a couple of good trenches in my yard because I forgot to pick it up before taking off. My MX5200 has got enough power to where I hardly noticed.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk