Over heating bx2680

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
After it cools off remove radiator cap and check coolant level there. Recovery tank may have bad hose and not working right.

Over working tranny? Doing work in high range when low is better choice?
Since it's a BX, is plastic hydro fan OK? (underneath tractor)

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
I'm not super familiar with your cooling system. Few suggestions:

-First and most importantly, make sure the coolant level is correct - check radiator when cold.
-Is the radiator cap which pressurizes the system in correct working order?
-Does the tractor have a thermostat which opens and allows coolant through the system? If so, is it in correct working order?
-Make sure you are getting airflow through the radiator. Make sure radiator is not caked with grass clippings, etc. Make sure if there is a fan to draw air through the radiator that the fan blades are centered within the shroud and the blades are proper length.
-Is the cooling system missing any important shrouds or air deflectors which are pivotal to proper airflow?
-Make sure no hoses (Lower or upper) out of the radiator are caving and not allowing flow.
-Make sure proper antifreeze is being used. There are many different types and they don't all work for the same application.

If all of the basic items above check out OK, I would then start to consider:
-Is the water pump working properly
-Is the radiator plugged

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Get yourself a laser thermometer. Can be had quite cheap anymore. Check top and bottom radiator hoses to see what kind of temps you're running. Bottom should be lower than top, as that's the radiator doing it's job and dissipating heat from the coolant.

My BX2360 occasionally reads hot when it's really not. Have had the temp gauge read Full-on "HOT" within 5 minutes....engine temp was only 120*F or so.

I pull the spade connector off the temp sending unit in block, clean and add a little dielectric grease. Seems to make it more reliable for a while.

Not saying this is your issue...just something to check:

Last edited:

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
My BX2360 occasionally reads hot when it's really not. Have had the temp gauge read Full-on "HOT" within 5 minutes....engine temp was only 120*F or so.

I pull the spade connector off the temp sending unit in block, clean and add a little dielectric grease. Seems to make it more reliable for a while.

Not saying this is your issue...just something to check:

^^ this has happened to me as well. And to confirm it, i shut the tractor off, and turn it back on and the gauge snaps back to normal Ive seen it twice in two years.