Outgrown the 2022 BX2680

MudMaster

Equipment
LX2610, FEL, QH16 (T&T), LP 54" grapple, LR05 Landscape Rake; Artillian Forks
Feb 19, 2023
Upper Black Eddy, PA
My rather new BX2680 (purchased new in October 2022) has served me well. But I'm realizing the B2601 would've been a better choice for my needs, and I'm considering additional implements, so exploring a sale of the BX. She has 67 hours on her currently, (treated well throughout) and had 50 hour service (all Kubota fluids/filters).

Package includes:

1) FEL with QA 48" bucket (with toothbar);
2) 60" mid deck mower;
3) LandPride 3rd function (dealer installed when bought); and
4) LP SGC0554 grapple.

I also have the 55" commercial front end snowblower (BX2822A) and K Connect PTO System. I believe they are compatible with the B2601, but if it turns out they're not, I would like to include. Given the total lack of snow this winter, it is unused.

Eastern PA located. I read the guidelines, but am a relative newcomer to the forum, so please respond here with inquiries. I haven't settled on a price, but original cost to me was approx $32K (including the snowblower, so more like $27K without it). I'd like to own a B, but I'm not desperate to do so. Which is to say I'll engage with meaningful offers only. Will be happy to provide pictures upon request. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user

MudMaster

Equipment
Feb 19, 2023
Upper Black Eddy, PA
Apologies, but forgot one addition: includes a QH05 rear quick hitch (and rear QH weights if desired).

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I would be interested in purchasing the Landpride SGC0554 grapple if you decide that you want to sell it separately from the tractor. Please contact me through the site message system if it is a possibility. Thanks

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Have you talked to your dealership about trading it in? If you pay sales tax on tractors(not farm exempt) and trade it in you don't pay sales tax on that portion of the bill. Also might want to wait until the LXxx20 come out as I am sure a few LXxx10(LX2610 & 3310) will be getting traded in. What don't you like about the BX? As a small B isn't much bigger.

MudMaster

Equipment
Feb 19, 2023
Upper Black Eddy, PA
Have you talked to your dealership about trading it in? If you pay sales tax on tractors(not farm exempt) and trade it in you don't pay sales tax on that portion of the bill. Also might want to wait until the LXxx20 come out as I am sure a few LXxx10(LX2610 & 3310) will be getting traded in. What don't you like about the BX? As a small B isn't much bigger.
Thanks, and good questions/suggestions. I definitely plan to check with my dealer. But I'm not expecting him to come close to what a private sale might bring even with the tax savings on the trade-in. We'll see.

As to why the B, it's mostly for greater ground clearance and a bit more lift capacity and hydraulics. I'm on 10 acres, about 2-3 of which are lawn. I use the belly mower now and would probably continue to do so w/the B. I'd prefer not to go with a rotary cutter if I didn't have to. There's a big jump in ground clearance BX-->B and a decent improvement in lift capacity and hydraulic GPM (double pump). When I'm in the woods, width and maneuverability are pretty important. I'm not cutting trails, so getting around to do various cleaning/moving things/picking up logs means getting around, and fitting between, the trees. Partly why I got the BX to begin with. The B is only a few inches wider and maintains good turn radius. So the short answer is that the B really ticks all the boxes. If I'd known in October what I know now, I would've gone with the B to begin with.

I considered the LX as I was considering which bigger model makes the most sense. But for what I'm looking to do, the B gave the biggest bang for the buck.

Thanks.

MudMaster

Equipment
Feb 19, 2023
Upper Black Eddy, PA
Quick Update: looks like I found a buyer for the Bx2680 (TY FB Marketplace). @cthomas I took your advice and looked at the LX more closely. Want to keep it <25HP (avoid maintenance hassles on emission controls), so LX2610. After giving it thought — and not wanting to half-step my way up in size again — I’m talking to dealer about a new LX2610 (open station). I recently outsourced mowing duties (too many nooks and crannies for me to do it right w/o a zero turn and weed wackier), so just made sense. Plus, Kubota wants $3500 for the MMM for the LX! Will prob get the QH16 quick hitch for the LX (landscape rake, weights, etc.) along with rear remotes for hydraulic top link. Planning to order it with the larger sized wheels w/R14 tires, which have served me well on the BX.

Of course welcome any thoughts/advice. I’m on 10+ acres with a pond — about 2 acres lawn, the rest being long-neglected woods that are full of oak-sized Autumn Olive and thorny rose bushes. I’m doing most of the clearing with hand tools and then moving the brush piles w/grapple. May borrow a Billy Goat where it makes sense (neighbor has one), but I want to leave anything that’s not invasive b/c we’re going to re-plant any areas that are now open from clearing the AO. So it’s not a land-clearing exercise. The BX has served me extremely well, but could use more ground clearance and lift capacity at this point (and a mild jump in hydraulic flow — I’m considering a front attach auger that can run off lower GPM hydraulics, but not going bigger just for that alone.
The BX buyer wanted wanted only the MMM and FEL, so will need to sell my (unused) 2822A snowblower separately. Any interest here, just let me know. It’s the commercial duty one along with the K-Connect and drive shaft for the BX2680. No snow this winter left it gathering dust in the garage (although my neighbors thanked me for a no-snow winter).

Anyhoo, appreciate the input from @cthomas, and I certainly welcome any/alol others. And if you’re considering a brand new discounted 55” commercial snowblower for your BX, let me know!

luc.who

Sep 1, 2018
Lewisberry PA
Are you selling the grapple? I did see another member asked that as well. So if you are selling.. I can be 2nd.. dont want to jump the previous members question.. I am in Harrisburg area...

MudMaster

Equipment
Feb 19, 2023
Upper Black Eddy, PA
Hi there. I think I'm going to stick with the land pride grapple for now. it's worked well, and i really don't need to go bigger just for the sake of it, especially since i still need the maneuverability. Will keep you in mind if that changes, though. I took an LX for a test ride at the dealer on Tuesday and was shocked by the jump up from the BX. Only thing in common is the 25hp; everything else is bigger, faster, stronger....

arml

Equipment
B5100e BX2200 JD455AWS JD425
Jan 27, 2022
Pennsylvania
Grass is always greener on the other side..... where have I heard that before ?
Addiction never stops....need bigger...yep. Go for it. LOL

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
If not planning to get a belly mower, I’d price an L25 series. (I too had a BX before my B…just sayin’). When I bought my B I think the L25 was best value for dollar. Good luck.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am still interested in the grapple when the time comes to sell it. thanks Dusty

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
the original cost is totally irrelevant, per forum rules you must post asking price.
(re: this post by admin)

Also, the market is absolutely inundated with BXs that have backhoes, asking high teens selling in mid teens, you are competing with Kubota zero percent financing. Here in the real world, this is not going to be a zero-sum exchange.

I went from BX to B2601 to LX. The B2601 was a total waste of money. I hope to save people the mistake.

glws.

Reactions: 1 users

MudMaster

Equipment
Feb 19, 2023
Upper Black Eddy, PA
Just noticed the add'l responses even after the BX has a new home. All appreciated.

@dusty, understood. Since the buyer of my BX didn't want the grapple, I may as well see how the LP 54" does with the new LX.

@arml, I can't argue with that statement. Tractors aren't my only vice, although I try not to indulge more than one at a time.

@rc51...., I agree the L2501 is arguably more bang for the buck. But I'm space-constrained when it comes to getting around trees/in the woods. Neil @ Messicks has a great video comparing the LX (3301) vs. L2501. Without going into all the variables (e.g., overall size/dimensions, mid-PTO, creature comforts, etc.), I decided the LX was the optimal machine and size in terms of moving up the chain. I almost half-stepped my way into the B2601, but @cthomas got me a thinkin'.....I'm going to start a separate thread on how to utilize my now-useless Trac Vac when leaf vac time comes around. I bought her used for a song, but with no MMM, she's an oversized door-stop parked under a tarp.

@B737, apologies for the rules of the road faux pas. I didn't initially intend for it to be an ad so much as a 'testing the waters', but duly noted. There are def a ton of BX23s and 25s on FB Marketplace, but didn't see too many BX2680s. Never expected it to be an even-exchange, but I did better than expected, learned a lot from my BX, and she got a lot done for me. Call it the price of admission.....

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My rather new BX2680 (purchased new in October 2022) has served me well. But I'm realizing the B2601 would've been a better choice for my needs, and I'm considering additional implements, so exploring a sale of the BX. She has 67 hours on her currently, (treated well throughout) and had 50 hour service (all Kubota fluids/filters).

Package includes:

1) FEL with QA 48" bucket (with toothbar);
2) 60" mid deck mower;
3) LandPride 3rd function (dealer installed when bought); and
4) LP SGC0554 grapple.

I also have the 55" commercial front end snowblower (BX2822A) and K Connect PTO System. I believe they are compatible with the B2601, but if it turns out they're not, I would like to include. Given the total lack of snow this winter, it is unused.

Eastern PA located. I read the guidelines, but am a relative newcomer to the forum, so please respond here with inquiries. I haven't settled on a price, but original cost to me was approx $32K (including the snowblower, so more like $27K without it). I'd like to own a B, but I'm not desperate to do so. Which is to say I'll engage with meaningful offers only. Will be happy to provide pictures upon request. Thanks.
The old adage has been violated once again.
"Buy enough tractor"

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Apparently, I represent the only person in history who doesn't want a tractor LARGER than a 'BX - LOL!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Not quite as helpful as some of the other input received. But I'll take the unhelpful with the thankfully-more-plentiful helpful.
Facts are facts, and not always as desired.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
MudMaster, you are now officially the "bear" of the week, and froed1765 has chosen to keep poking you until your ribs are sore. It is best to just ignore him and he will move on to someone else.

Staggerlee1976

Equipment
LX2610, LA535 w/54"QA, LP 60" Box Scraper
May 28, 2023
Petaluma, CA
This story reminds me of why I watched so much YouTube before I bought my tractor. Most of my interactions with dealers started with "how much land do you have" instead of "what do you need to do".

This completely ignores what you need to accomplish, how quickly you want to do it, and the scope of individual projects. A flat 10 acres is far different than a hilled 5 acres, and same with wooded vs. clear, not to mention soil type.

For my hilly 3ac with clay just below the loam, constant road maintenance, heavy mowing, and a bunch of fencing projects coming up, I was pointed to an 18hp subcompact. After trashing that advice and deciding what I PROBABLY need (without the ability to actually test it), I still hope I chose enough machine with my LX2610.