Our World

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I would classify myself as a Libertarian, if you want to pay the price then do what you want as long as you don't hurt anyone else. I like to listen to all sides of an issue and make up my mind independently. I have an app that brings up different news agencies' take on situations. I have found myself, for the first time, eliminating some of those agencies. Why? I listen to someone speak live then when I read the news agency's take on it the talk is completely misconstrued. How can they all out lie and get away with it? This life is getting weird enough without people trying to make it worse. Just my take on our New World.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I would classify myself as a Libertarian, if you want to pay the price then do what you want as long as you don't hurt anyone else. I like to listen to all sides of an issue and make up my mind independently. I have an app that brings up different news agencies' take on situations. I have found myself, for the first time, eliminating some of those agencies. Why? I listen to someone speak live then when I read the news agency's take on it the talk is completely misconstrued. How can they all out lie and get away with it? This life is getting weird enough without people trying to make it worse. Just my take on our New World.
I totally agree. In the same way that a free press is good for us all, fake news is the enemy of us all.

I think there should be some accountability in that industry when they know they are spreading lies they should not be able to hide behind the first amendment or free press moniker, they should be held accountable.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
All propaganda. You can accept it or refuse it at will. I read it all, left and right and middle and then make an informed decision. Besides, I find a lot of it amusing. I especially like Trump's Corona Virus pressers and even more so, the Faucci and Brix presentations. I like facts, not fiction.

The it comes to the press questions every time. I find them amusing, the constant drubbing. Amazing how insolent they are. Same old, same old like a broken record. I'm sure Trump would really like to tell them what he really thinks of them. Problem is, he cannot. it's not proper 'decorum'.....:D

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
The attempted coup that took place by our own FBI and Intel agencies is far more alarming than just the press spewing propaganda.
If this same stuff happened a hundred years ago there would be pitchforks and blood not just investigations and talk.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The attempted coup that took place by our own FBI and Intel agencies is far more alarming than just the press spewing propaganda.
If this same stuff happened a hundred years ago there would be pitchforks and blood not just investigations and talk.
Unfortunately, the propaganda fueled the failed coup. There are still fools saying russia russia russia.

The failed attempt never would have been tried if the media wasn't spreading lies supporting it. Same for for the impeachment THAT WAS FAR MORE IMPORTANT TO THE DEMOCRATS THAN THIS WUHAN VIRUS IS in November, December and January.

It used to be called news.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It is not about guns or illegal immigration or drugs or a pandemic. It is all about POWER, total power at all cost, even if it means destroying this country. They have lost power, and will stop at nothing to get it back, even if it means civil war, while they sit in their safe rooms and watch the carnage. Does that sound apocalyptic, maybe so, but then again, maybe not so much. I just feel in my heart, we are on a slippery slope. Good against evil, and only you can decide which is which, choose wisely for our children's children will have to live in this world after we are gone

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Interesting when life imitates art. One of my favorite books is Stephen King's The Stand. It is about 1200 pages and I whipped right through it even though I am not an avid reader. It is also a mini series that gets played a few times a year. Biological agent escapes a research lab, then good vs. evil ensues. Good read but may be too intense for this time in history.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
It is not about guns or illegal immigration or drugs or a pandemic. It is all about POWER, total power at all cost, even if it means destroying this country. They have lost power, and will stop at nothing to get it back, even if it means civil war, while they sit in their safe rooms and watch the carnage. Does that sound apocalyptic, maybe so, but then again, maybe not so much. I just feel in my heart, we are on a slippery slope. Good against evil, and only you can decide which is which, choose wisely for our children's children will have to live in this world after we are gone
+10 on that. Just look at the Democrat Michigan Governor with her wholesale trampling of Constitutional rights and then justifies it by publicly stating that her constituents have to be 'lead around by the hand because they are incapable of rational and adult behaviors'

The only thing that she can look forward to at this point is a recall referendum. Michiganders are hot and have almost 300,000 signatures already.

I don't need her deciding when I can wipe my butt. I'm an adult and granted there are people here who are incapable of making informed decisions but they are a minority and.... I have no issue with DJT letting the governors decide the best course, how it should be but lets not get power drunk and 'think' they (governor's) are the ultimate po0wer because they are merely an elected official that can be removed from office almost as easily as installed.

Governors are supposed to serve the people, not the other way around. She's headed for a crash landing and no I didn't vote for her, in fact I didn't vote D or R in the election, there was no viable candidate IMO, so I left the boxes blank.

Same deal occurred in Virginia, and a similar scenario unfolded but in Virginia, the legislature is a D majority so Northam's cabal votes in his every draconian law. Here in the Wolverine, the legislature is dominated by Republicans, so Whitmer's insane laws never make it. Sadly not so with EO''s concerning the pandemic.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I find it difficult to understand how most of the above posters have come to such different conclusions after having listened or read widely. I do not see some of it at all. Before you vote again for Trump listen to what he actually says or writes, not what someone else says he said, and decide if he is consistent, truthful, knowledgeable, or if he is erratic and lying when it is self serving. Ask yourself if he makes good choices in filling the posts in his support team. Ask yourself if you'd like to go to sea with him as captain of the ship. He has been pilloried unmercifully by the press and by Democrats, but how much of it is for good cause?

As for Flip's point of view regarding the Michigan governor and the demonstration, what actually happened illustrates the reason government ends up limiting freedoms. You can't count on people behaving thoughtfully. The plan was for a bunch of people to drive in their cars to the capitol and create a traffic jam as demonstration. Fine. No one had a problem with that. What actually happened was a bunch of the demonstrators backed up a couple miles on Michigan Ave and blocked the main and the emergency entrance to the main hospital in Lansing. How would you feel about that if you were having a heart attack or stroke? Furthermore a bunch of them got out of their cars and gathered on the Capitol grounds, no masks, and no social distancing. If just one person were Covid carrier, he or she just seeded the virus to a bunch of places that were probably clear of it. You can't fix stupid.

Some were demonstrating because you can't buy plants for your garden. It is snowing out right now. It was in the 20s the last couple of nights. You don't really get serious about putting things out around here until mid to late May. Figure out a way so we can safely shop for those plants. The big box stores are open so plumbers, electricians, carpenters can keep the public warm and dry, not for casual shopping. There are solutions for the nurseries.

What we need is concrete plans and guidelines for individual businesses. And common sense. For example, one of the demonstrators said "landscapers work outside, they should be allowed to work". True, but how many of these businesses have you seen where the guys are driving around 2 or 3 in a truck? How about sanitizing the truck between crews? These are solvable problems, but can you trust a boss not to put his workers at risk to get a job done?

Sorry NIW, these posts have mostly gone over the edge for "no politics", but I can't stand listening to these views without saying something. There are other points of view.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
There always seems to be a lot left out of news reports. It requires an interest, time and understanding to sort it out. Here's an example of what is seldom mentioned.

The media and the internet are under complete state control. In recent years, China has even been rolling out “social credit scores” to rate citizens by their support for the regime and distribute government benefits or punishments accordingly. Even worse, China has been exporting this technology to other repressive regimes.

In the face of this behavior, we would expect the media and the activist community to be screaming about the situation in China. They’ve been largely silent. There is too much money to be made. For example, The Washington Post has been running a special sponsored news section called “China Watch” for the past three decades — which is published by a media outlet owned by the Chinese Communist Party.

How much money has The Washington Post made from these advertising supplements? They have been asked many times and have refused to disclose that information. Such a lack of transparency over such an obvious conflict should be shocking, but the Post doesn’t have to disclose it. Nobody else in the media wants to call them on it either, because most other large media outlets have their own China conflicts. Could this be affecting the news coverage? That’s not a hypothetical question anymore. A story broke just this week showing Bloomberg News editors expressly killing an investigative news story into corruption in China for fear of hurting Bloomberg’s China business interests.

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
sheep farmers post

1st paragraph. pay attention to what going on and vote as one sees best.

2nd paragraph. If they are breaking traffic laws then write them up, tow the vehicles, solve the problem. If they wish to expose themselves its their business. They have been provided information to base their decisions on. It’s absolute wrong to require people to stay home just in case

3rd paragraph. Many garden activities start will before actual seed planting in the garden. Not to mention its nice to know what your going to have to plant to start with. As far as the trades go, contractors that I know do little shopping at a box store. Poor quality products and high prices. It’s a last resort for us.

4th paragraph. It’s their choice once again. The government has provided programs for those that wish to set on the couch at home and really need the help.

Keep in mind many of these programs are LOANS. Small business that I know do not need another monthly payment. We need work and profit. Many if not most of us can easily work safely in this environment. Most of this 2 trillion dollar loan (91 % I read) is to large corporations that do not really need it. If the purpose of the loans is to keep their employees but they are having to set at home then its not doing a lot for the economy to help the majority of us in the long run. Poor planing and a hit on the nations already excessive debt. Not to mention a obvious attention to stay in office.

No one says you have to get outside and risk illness. Stay home and stay healthy and no need of covid care for those that stay safe. Once again many of us can work safely in this environment. Now if you have a different illness then your just out of luck. Hospitals seem to have ceased many types of care and are sending medical staff home due to lack of work. That’s one of the other points of view.

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
To SheepFarmer,

I am going to vote for a president that loves America. I am not going to vote for someone that does not remember what office he is running for.

I honestly could not even imagine someone voting for dementia Joe. Funny how people can see things completely differently.

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
x2. The left has shown they will stop at NOTHING to gain power. Examples abound.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
To the original post.

I have at least 6 news bookmarks that I slick on daily.

They include the BBC, RT News. Al Jazeera and OAN ,

I'm not happy about any news story until I HEAR the original.

Even then I am wary of edited versions of events.

I have found that MSM , i.e. MSNBC CNN etc twist the story Always in the same direction, and that direction undermines American common unity.

I just don't get why they would do that, and it pisses me off that they do.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Part of the problem today is people claim that they look at all the facts objectively, but in reality, they cannot make their own decisions and always go with whatever their party tells them to do. They get so hung up with believing everything being shoveled by the leaders, they are afraid to think for themselves. Many people I know claim they listen to all the facts and make their own decisions, but they always end up supporting what their party is doing even if they know it is not the right solution. The same is bleeding through in some of the responses in this thread. Until people truly make their own, independent decisions and vote that way, ignoring which party the candidate belongs to, nothing is ever going to change in any government.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Here is a fact not spun by any news propaganda organization:

This picture represents perfectly the character of so many politicians these days and the media that backs them.

Kind of hard to trust what govt or propaganda media tells us considering media lies constantly and politicians act like children.

Last edited:

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
SheepFarmer, it is difficult to see rational people look at these things and come to such different conclusions. I have a friend and a brother that totally disagree with me, it will get really tuff if things go like Skeets talks about. As I've studied it out I think he sums it up pretty close though. It seems a lot of this has to do with who people listen to or like someone said if they go back to the original. What policy someone has is more important to me than who they are. Your right about people not always making the right choices in times like this but its were on thin ice when we let the government take any our rights. I don't believe the government gave me those rights, neither did our Founders, thats why we have a free country and its a republic not just a democracy. I hope we never stop cherishing those we can't agree with.

Boo

Equipment
MX5800; BH92, BB2572, Forks 3048
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
At some point in our individual lives, we learn to either be responsible for our own "pursuit of happiness" or we learn that it is the government's job to provide for us and our safety.

The political landscape is quickly highlighting the differences between those two groups.

Long ago, the media realized just how much power it had to influence our minds and actions. We - the people - seem not to have learned to discern when we are being led by the nose by presenting opinion pieces as "news."

We even believe the words of someone just because that person has an official title. How many of us work for someone called the CEO or company president and believe that the person must be a genius - only to find that the old guy on the working line knows much more about the job than the chief executive?

The most ridiculous things I see often include the opinions of some movie star pontificating their "truth" about current events. I often wonder who in the world takes them seriously.

And, just when did Bill Gates become an unbiased medical expert?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
And, just when did Bill Gates become an unbiased medical expert?
It happens as soon as you have over one billion in investments into medical immunizations. There is a BIG reason Gates wants to immunize everyone and it isn't because he is a nice guy.