Ordered this today.

marrmanu

Equipment
B2620 3pt chipper, box blade, post hole auger, custom 3pt chain box with hooks h
Jan 16, 2021
usa
I have a little trailer VERY similar to that, but no green on it. :sneaky: The chassis is pretty much identical. The height of your cage is just about as high as I would want to load it, too. It sits so high with a narrow track, it's gonna want to be top heavy with green chips on it, and with a surplus of stump holes and sink-holes it'll be on it's side more than on it's wheels. The golf cart wheels should improve the track some, though. I'll have to see what I can find to fit on the axel, or do whatever it takes to put something wider on it for stability. A golf cart on my lot would be all but useless because of the stumps, or the holes left. Throw in the random football sized rock for good measure. You should see the pile of rocks we have just from picking up loose ones in the yard after rain. We had enough to build a 50' long water feature (by hand with pickaxe and shovel), with plenty left over. I'm diggin (excuse the pun) the box blade for scraping out the rocks. VERY handy for that. A fork might happen after I get more room to use it.

My little cart has a removable tailgate, and yours looks like it does too. Much handier than just a wheelbarrow bucket. I may totally enclose the cage and just blow the chips in, but leave myself a way to get the tail-gate off and see how that works. Hopefully they won't pack and get stuck. Or perhaps I make a swinging gate on the back so I can get a pitch fork in there. I'm thinking I'll keep the pallet intact as a storage place for the chipper until I can do better.

What did you do to attach the hardware cloth? I'd like to see some closer detail shots for ideas. I was considering trying to find some light gauge expanded sheet that I can tack weld to the angle frame. That would probably hold up better than the screen wire.
its not hardware screen its masonry screen, or stucco screen much cheaper. I used bailing wire to hold it in place. I kinda use like to use what I got laying around, ain't get in any younger, got ta use this 50+ year accumulation on something

Reactions: 1 user