OrangeTractorTalks is 2 Years Old!

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hello, Mr. K here - figured this is a bit off topic but some folks may be interested in knowing. The site turned 2 years old earlier this month on the 16th of September - time flies... take a look at our first post:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2008/09/orangetractortalks-launched/

Although there is still lots of room to grow, the site now receives as many visitors in a single day than we did in those first few months combined!

Our Objective
The entire plan here at OTT is to make this site better than ever. Myself and Vic will continue to post articles, film videos, run the forums and help out where ever we can. The look and feel of the site will be updated slightly to clean up loose ends and make things a bit more accessible - look for those changes to roll out over the coming months.

New Banner
Some of you may notice a new banner up top replacing the black/white tractor we had up there previously. The L175 we have displayed suits the site a bit better I think.

Thank You!
As always, it is you folks that come onto the site and lend your time writing out advice (or asking for it) that makes the site. Myself and Vic know that it takes effort and we want you to know that it does not go unnoticed!

Here's to 2 years! EVERYTHING KUBOTA!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Mr K, you and SDV came up with a real winner when you guys came up with OTT. This is the most user friendly site on the web and is a place Kubota owners all over the world can be proud to be a member of. Keep up the good work.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I found this in my inbox the other day from Mr. K

I just noticed the other day that you passed 1,000 posts! I wanted to write you a quick note to let you know that myself and Vic really appreciate you coming on to the site helping out, commenting and posting. It is helping our site become the #1 place for a Kubota owner to get help when they need it!

Anyway, I'm rambling on now but I wanted to pass along our thanks. Take care,

Thought that was pretty cool, anything I can do to help other Kubotainians out! Although I'm pretty sure that around 900 or so of my post's were just me BSing around and acting goofy.

Site looks great fellas and keep up the good work!

ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
Mr. K Vic - Still a great and helpful site thanks to your hard efforts! Hope I have the pleasure of saying this again at 5 and 10 years. My Kubota'll be here, it's me that's in question! :D

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Mr. K, Vic: I loved the site when I joined up, it is still one of my 3 daily stops on the Internet. I've learned a lot from this community of fellow Kubotaphiles, and it is a small part of what made me change career directions into Heavy Equipment Mechanic (well, I'm an apprentice right now, but getting there). Hopefully I'm still welcome if I'm working on blue tractors and gray skid-steers at work (the orange dealer wasn't hiring . . . I tried . . .)

I love the new title banner and layout, looks quite pro. Keep it up fellas; I'll echo ETRon in looking forward to 5, 10 and even more years. This is a really cool group of people and who knows where we will all be and what we'll be able to share as time progresses.

Jimmysal

Equipment
B1750HST, RC60 MMM, LA300 FEL, TSC 48" BoxBlade, PTO Dbar chains tongs old Stihl
Aug 26, 2010
Vermont
I'm digging the new layout guys! Good work!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Hi Vic, we need some more pics of it. It sure does look slick from what's showing. I would love to see a complete picture of some old orange.

SpudHauler

Equipment
RTV 1100 CW-A
Sep 8, 2010
Canada
Great job guys! :)

Forums do so much more than they realize for all us fans of the Kubota line-up.

The amount of information one can source from this site is unmeasurable.

Thank you.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Thanks for the pics and the info as well. That little nugget is sweet. Looks more like a show tractor instead of a working model. My 7100 had the road runner "beep-beep" horn on it. My uncle work about fall out of his seat laughing when I would cruise my little orange beast past our big 100 hp IH and give a couple of beeps with the horn. That was the good old days for sure.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I just noticed the other day that you passed 1,000 posts!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Eric is a post ho!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

ROFL.........LOL

Really!!!!!!!!! I didn't know when I found this site it was that new. Guess I didn't read the start up notes and all that stuff.

I can think of it as MY site now............ LOL There is a pic of my tractor at the top!!!!! How cool is that!!!!!!! :D

Mine looks better though............ I don't have so MANY stickers on my paint. :D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
:eek: :eek: :eek: Eric is a post ho!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

ROFL.........LOL

Really!!!!!!!!! I didn't know when I found this site it was that new. Guess I didn't read the start up notes and all that stuff.

I can think of it as MY site now............ LOL There is a pic of my tractor at the top!!!!! How cool is that!!!!!!! :D

Mine looks better though............ I don't have so MANY stickers on my paint. :D

POST HO! That was funny as hell, gotta be something in life I reckon!!

maximus

Equipment
B7000
Aug 10, 2010
UK
Only 2 Years...!!!

I imagined it to be at least 10. :D

This site is awsome. I've only had my machine for about 8 weeks and have learnt so much from here.

I have carried out a complete Steering Box rebuild, a complete overhaul of the Cooling System, down-loaded Parts and Service Manuals and carried out a rattle-can respray, and sorted out the Diff. Lock!

I would have been completely in the dark without such great help.

My next job is to tap into the hydraulics and build a FEL.

Thanks everyone. :):):):)

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
My next job is to tap into the hydraulics and build a FEL.
Speaking of taping into the hydraulics - we actually have an article on that coming down the pipe within the next week or two! Sounds like you have checked a lot off your list already in 8 weeks.

maximus

Equipment
B7000
Aug 10, 2010
UK
Speaking of taping into the hydraulics - we actually have an article on that coming down the pipe within the next week or two! Sounds like you have checked a lot off your list already in 8 weeks.
Excellent news Mr K.

There have been some really great posts on this already, from the likes of 'TopGear' etc, but I am not absolutely clear on setting up the hoses to a spooler valve and rams, and returning back to the tank. Just need to take this carefully - new pumps look pricey!

Yep - really been working on the machine. I love it. Need to walk with caution though, as the wife's starting to complain about not seeing me much at the mo!!! ;)