Opinion

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
I went to go look at a 2015 4WD KUBOTA Model#BX25 DLB, 159 hours this morning. The condition of the machine was very good since it was stored outside with no cover in a very muddy area with no running water. When I lifted the hood there was a lot oil on the valve cover which I thought was unusual. I really could not look at the tires because there was so much mud on them. Everything seemed to work fine, the machine has kubota insurance so it gets serviced by Kubota. Now here is the kicker, the seller told me it was flooded during last years hurricane with 4' of water. To me that's a deal breaker even if kubota went through the machine.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I went to go look at a 2015 4WD KUBOTA Model#BX25 DLB, 159 hours this morning. The condition of the machine was very good since it was stored outside with no cover in a very muddy area with no running water. When I lifted the hood there was a lot oil on the valve cover which I thought was unusual. I really could not look at the tires because there was so much mud on them. Everything seemed to work fine, the machine has kubota insurance so it gets serviced by Kubota. Now here is the kicker, the seller told me it was flooded during last years hurricane with 4' of water. To me that's a deal breaker even if kubota went through the machine.
Part of your statement is confusing to me "the machine has kubota insurance so it gets serviced by Kubota"

This does not mean what it says......NOW - if it was flooded and THEN Kubota insurance COVERED it.....I would think it would look a little better now....

OIL on the valve cover.......that aint good no matter what is going on.....

AS for the tires - either R4 or Turfs are going to be in excellent shape with those hours on it.

Got any pictures?

AND yes 4' of water on a machine that is not 4' off the ground.....is going to leave a mess!!! That would make a 16K machine worth about 3K

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nope.

Stories of cars/trucks getting re-sold after Hurricane Katrina and other floods come to mind....

Admire the guy for being honest.....

Last edited:

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Nope.

Stories of cars/trucks getting re-sold after Hurricane Katrina and other floods come to mind....

Admire the guys for being honest.....
I appreciate the seller for being honest!

shiraz627

Equipment
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Part of your statement is confusing to me "the machine has kubota insurance so it gets serviced by Kubota"

This does not mean what it says......NOW - if it was flooded and THEN Kubota insurance COVERED it.....I would think it would look a little better now....

OIL on the valve cover.......that aint good no matter what is going on.....

AS for the tires - either R4 or Turfs are going to be in excellent shape with those hours on it.

Got any pictures?

AND yes 4' of water on a seat that is not 4' off the ground.....is going to leave a mess!!! That would make a 16K machine worth about 3K
When you have the Kubota insurance it has to be serviced by them to maintain the insurance. It was explained to me that the area was under 4' of water which would cover most of the machine.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
When you have the Kubota insurance it has to be serviced by them to maintain the insurance. It was explained to me that the area was under 4' of water which would cover most of the machine.
It may have to be repaired by them but it certainly does not have to be serviced by them. I have their insurance and do all of my own scheduled maintenance using Kubota parts and saving my receipts. I know that I am in compliance with their terms and conditions.

Run Forrest, run! Or, at the very least, have the machine inspected by a Kubota dealer.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That is a big NO, Kubota Insurance has nothing to do with maintenance and/or normal upkeep and repairs.
They are just a insurance company, like your auto insurance.

I find it rather odd that the owner wouldn't have turned the flooded tractor over to His insurance as I know they would have totaled it and he wouldn't be selling it.

Something really smells fishy about this sale!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have been wrong before but it sounds a bit shaky to me

shiraz627

Equipment
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
That is a big NO, Kubota Insurance has nothing to do with maintenance and/or normal upkeep and repairs.
They are just a insurance company, like your auto insurance.

I find it rather odd that the owner wouldn't have turned the flooded tractor over to His insurance as I know they would have totaled it and he wouldn't be selling it.

Something really smells fishy about this sale!
I find it strange that Kubota did not total it. The seller does have a loan on it from Kubota, not sure if that plays a part. I would think the value of it would be severely reduced even if it runs good and everything works. I would value it at 3-5K tops. You just do not know what the water got into.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Being in hurricane region and flood region,nothing good comes from flooded anything,dealing with flood vehicles is a nightmare,problems don’t always arise up front,can be a life of problems

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Never fails in the automotive business,few months after a storm we get tons of problem cars in,insurance companies seem to auction off their totaled vehicles,used car lots buy them up cheap then bring them to us to fix them

Tchess450

Equipment
BX23S with 60inch deck. implements, blade, forks, spreader, and more.
Jun 18, 2018
Pa
I would run from that thing. Not worth the risk to save a little.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Something is missing from this equation. After it flooded, did Kubota repair it under insurance? If so, there should be some documentation. Since the warranties are transferable I would check that out. I can't imagine Kubota taking the chance on a machine that wasn't worth insuring....or able to be kept under warranty. If it's running, then SOMEONE fixed it. If you are considering this machine then you need to contact the dealer who took care of the flood issue.