OPC internal logic diagrams?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have never seen mention of diagrams showing the internal logic of OPC modules.

Do these exist other than for Kubota engineers?

In a former life, if such diagrams (and software actually) were not supplied for industrial equipment we purchased, it was no sale.

Just wondering if I missed something. MY impression is that no such diagrams/information is out there for the end user or maintenance people. I know we can ASSUME what inputs to the OPC likely cause to happen, but nothing beats actually knowing what the OPC is actually designed to do.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
For Kubota, that is "Need to Know" information only and they deem who needs to know.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have never seen mention of diagrams showing the internal logic of OPC modules.

Do these exist other than for Kubota engineers?

In a former life, if such diagrams (and software actually) were not supplied for industrial equipment we purchased, it was no sale.

Just wondering if I missed something. MY impression is that no such diagrams/information is out there for the end user or maintenance people. I know we can ASSUME what inputs to the OPC likely cause to happen, but nothing beats actually knowing what the OPC is actually designed to do.
You can find some diagrams of the early OPC modules in the WSM's.
Newer OPC's and other computer modules they don't give any info at all.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
That’s what I figured. Glad neither of my tractors, or myself as well, do not have OPC modules!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
yeah i worked closely with the USA kubota service manager (over all of the US districts). Also worked with engineering a little.

Some knowledge is on a need-to-know basis. And it's don't ask don't tell. Even if you do ask they don't tell.

The deal is, it's a simple device. But the reason the information is not given out is because if it was, it would be real easy for an outside source to make their own opc module which would be in direct competition with Kubota. There is, additionally, maybe a patent/license/trademark issue. Enginerd says there might be or might not be...won't say. Kubota's suppliers and the company itself is really tight lipped about a lot of things. They have to be. but it sucks for those of you who might have an inclination to make one of your own or if you want to repair one.