One more thing to piss you off

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
If you hit a mail box and do harm to your vehicle then you obviously weren't paying attention and it could could have been a child or a dog they hit, If they get hurt trying to do harm to a persons property then good, you deserve what you get.
Well said.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I haven't had any damage from mailbox baseball. But our mail carrier has smoked it a couple times now with their mirror 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣 I'll walk out with a couple pair of pliers and a hammer and knock it back into shape till the next time 😁😁😁😁

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Our carrier is too lazy to close the door on it. Dude makes big bucks, has a wicked union contract and is a lazy slug. I see the PO lost 2 billion in the last 3 months. I can understand why.

Reactions: 1 user

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Like you Flip I once painted some people with the same brush but I was wrong. For 13 years I lugged milk

to retail stores, taverns, restaurants, well you get the idea. Long hours, good pay especially back then but

dirty, leaking milk and if yoghurt busted open in the back of your truck at the end of the day you looked

like you blew a seal so to speak. Then came the chance to get on at the PO, wow, I won the lottery. Wasn't

until after a few days on that it began to sink in that not many companies will pay well for unskilled labour

and give you medical along with a good pension. For the first month I thought I was going to die, those

people are athletes and even the ones that keep themself's in shape were having knees and hips replaced

sometimes long before they retired. Hey, but that was 9 years ago now I'm sure things have changed quite

a bit since then, after all the government is there to make things easier on us all right. I guess what I'm

trying to say is the old sayings, don't judge a book by it's cover and there's good and bad in every walk of

life. As for your job, you can have it, I've helped the farmer down the road and that was no picnic either.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
As much as I loathe USPS (lost two large money orders in a 3 month span), my carrier is a fantastic guy, goes above and beyond his call of duty.

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
We had a rash of that very thing where I live. After 2 times in two weeks we caught them. Local teenagers and most of us out here know their parents. The problem for the kids and their parents is bashing a mailbox is a federal charge and the local cops turned it over to the postal authorities. The kids garnered some hefty fines for bashing some $20 mailboxes on their night of fun. Four kids in the car and each one drew a charge for each mailbox that was hit. Eight boxes total.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
In general, our letter carriers have been pretty good, except when our area was designated a "training route" for a couple years. It was a PITA, but probably good for the neighborhood, as we all met in the street around 6pm every night to exchange mail that had been delivered incorrectly each day.

We have 4 community boxes in the neighborhood, and one (ours) was broken into 4 times. (it's a little less observable than the others) They were light sheet metal with doors in the rear, so easy to hide while breaking in. We complained, and the PO said that they were all going to be replaced soon with new armored boxes. Yay!
The other 3 boxes were quickly replaced, but not ours. After a couple months, I was able to track down the woman in charge of this program, and set up a meeting. I asked why ours was not replaced, and she said they had used all the money budgeted for the program, and that it would be at least a year before they got more money.
I asked her to explain why she replaced the 3 boxes that had not been broken into, and not replaced the one box that had been broken into 4 times. She had no answer. I kept pressing, & she told me to get out of her office or she would call the cops.
I contacted a local investigative TV reporter, and after he called her, we had a new box that same week.
It has not been broken into since.
If she is representative of their management, I can see why they are losing billions.

Reactions: 1 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sounds like somebody had a hard on for the old boy. Just MHO