Older BX getting slower....

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
problem on the bx's, if they're slowing down, sometimes the linkage is coming loose or off. If left loose long enough the link wears out, as does the trunion arm. If it FALLS off, it's kind of a pain in the backside to put a new one on it. But if it's just loose, you can often just tighten it back up and be good to go for another decade or three.

Follow the linkage from the pedal to the transmission and inspect.

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
Just curious as I see people saying "if you abused the tractor". It seems to me that the BX is geared towards homeowners and is relatively bulletproof. By that I mean hydraulic relief valves etc. are built in that prevent "abuse" that would cause long term damage? Am I correct or can an operator actually abuse the BX series enough to cause serious damage? I'm talking in normal operating tasks, I don't mean having trees land on it.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Well, there's really no limit to the stupid things a fool can do, so I don't think we can call them bulletproof.

But they are pretty solid. I work mine hard, and it's holding up. Of course, I don't do stupid things with it.