Old Kubota orange paint

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
I have a old B8200 that needs repainting. Has anyone in Ontario found a close match other then the dealer. They want 15 dollars a can. Thanks.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I have a old B8200 that needs repainting. Has anyone in Ontario found a close match other then the dealer. They want 15 dollars a can. Thanks.
Do you guys in Ontario have Tractor Supply stores up there?

They sell Tractor and Implement paint in the old Kubota orange and the New Kubota orange for about $5.49 in a spray can, $11.99 for QT can, and $32.99 for a gallon. They carry about all the major equipment brands colors. I have used it and it's very good paint and it matches well. If you don't have them maybe you can order it over the net: www.tractorsupply.com
I hope this will help you.

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
We do have a TSC (Tractor Supply Centre) here in Canada but they don`t seem to carry any Kubota orange paint. I`ll price out the stuff online with shipping and exchange. Thanks for the reply.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Ds, I have found close matches at Canadian tire and at Home hardware but they don't stock a whole lot of it, usually just a can or two. I have used the Kubota paint and have had no luck with the shaker cans, they say you have to shake them well for them to work properly. I shook the Sh((((t out of them and still no luck. The paint in the one litre cans however is really good paint. It is expensive but well worth the money.:D Dusty

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Dusty-t what did they call the orange paint at C tire and Home hardware? Kubota Orange? Do you remember what you paid for the cans? Thanks.

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Vic. Actually I just bought a can of Pumpkin Orange paint from Walmart last week. I don't think it was the same make as yours and it wasn't even close. Way to yellow. Funny thing is I got this free used industrial racking from work and its a perfect match? weird!

Hari.K

Equipment
06L39tlb, 57Ford640, 49CatD4
Jun 17, 2009
St Croix NB Canada
Hi:
I found that Canadian TSC Chalmers Orange is an almost perfect match on a 2006 L39
guess you'd call that a New Kubota
Matches so close I can spot paint scratches and the color difference doesn't show

Hari.K

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Have any of you guys in the great north ask TSC about getting the new Kubota orange paint? I went to my local store last weekend and they had several cans of the new color. I read in a post somewhere that TSC hadd pulled it from there shelves so I asked about it. The man in the store told me they sell alot of that color and just have a hard time keeping it in stock.

stylo

Aug 14, 2010
new egypt, nj
well you could always try just goin to a automotive paint store. i do bodywork for a living and im in the middle of redoin my b7100, so i just punched in kubota orange in the paint software at work and it came up. the grey came up as well. i can get u the basf stock number if you would like. its deffinatly gonna be a little more price wise but its a better quality paint and as the saying goes you get what you pay for, and i dont wana have to do it again haha. im useing a dtm (direct to metal) single stage urithane, its great i just sand blast everything and paint right over the metal, no primeing required.