Oil pressure light stays lit

TractorBill

Equipment
L245DT W/Loader L1700
Aug 28, 2010
Milford, NJ, USA
I have a L245DT and just recently the oil pressure light stay lit. So, I changed the oil and filter. Still the light stays lit. I changed the oil pressure sending switch light still stays lit. I than checked the wiring to make sure it wasn't grounding. Wire checked okay. I then put an oil pressure test gauge on it and when I started the engine the gauge climbed up 5# and stay there. After about 3 to 5 mins and no change I shut down the engine.

I now suspect the oil pump. Any other suggestions?

Thanks to all who respond
Tractorbill :confused:

Kgandgwatts

Equipment
L245DT Tractor
Jan 20, 2017
Spokane WA
I know this is an old string but thought I would post a reply for future inquiries.

I had this same problem - oil light on and low pressure. (I also installed an oil pressure gauge because I don't trust just the light.)

Anyway, a known issue with the Diesel engine on the L245DT is the plug that goes in the front end of the camshaft - they come out which causes loss of oil pressure. The fix is to simply spot weld the plug in place.

FYI - my local Kubota dealer service department is who told me of the issue and fix. They even provided me with the service bulletin. I was able to do the repair myself but it is rather involved.