oil gague reading

jsr12839

Aug 21, 2009
ny
i have a l2250 tractor. all the oil levels are filled properly but the oil light comes with the reading oil pressure is low. do i have a problem or is there a possible problem with idoit light . tractor has a loader. performance of tractor is perfect but don't want to create a problem.
jim

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Might be either one ---- do you have a gauge the you could use in place of the "idiot light" fitting? That would be the first thing I would do to see if you actually have pressure at that point.

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
bruceatlam......yep...that be my post.:)
jsr12839... read it and follow everything I did to figure out what is wrong. I am still trying to find the time and a 46 mm socket to BORROW to finish the oil pump repair job. ;)

bruceatlam

Equipment
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Obviously your choice on the size, but at that large size, 1 13/16" is only 0.002" over. I doubt that would cause any problem. But it also needs to be extra deep so maybe you're stuck with the dealer. Good Luck. Hope I never have to do that.

It's just amazing that the front end has to come off.

I thought it was just nuts that I had to take off the hood in order to get the radiator out so I could change the lower radiator hose and the little block drain hose on my B20. I guess that's just the result of trying to cram so much in such a small space.

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
It's just amazing that the front end has to come off.

Front end?? Are you refering to the front case of the motor? If you are...better than pulling the whole motor don't ya think? :eek:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
""Are you refering to the front case of the motor? ""

No. he's referring to the front drivetrain if yours is 4wd. It's the reason I haven't fixed my low pressure yet on the L225. The FEL has to come off, then the whole front drivetrain, then the front of the motor.

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
What's a FEL? :confused:

With the front balancer now removed, we undertook removing the bolts from the front gear case cover. A handy tip is to mark the bolts with a reference number to assist in reassembly as the bolts are all different lengths. It will also be necessary to remove the bolts holding the front frame rails to the engine block so that you can gain the required clearance to slide the gear case cover off without hitting the front differential.

With the frame rails detached from the engine and the front differential unbolted from the underside we used a floor jack to slightly raise the engine, blocking against the oil pan. We used a thin bladed screwdriver to crack the cover loose from the original Kubota gasket material grasping the gear case cover and sliding it forward off the front PTO stub freeing the cover from the engine block.

bruceatlam

Equipment
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
By "front end" I meant --- hood, grill, various shields in that area, hydraulic oil cooler, hydraulic pump, radiator, and then the front cover. And in my case, all while crawling over the FEL.

Tough little oil pump to get to ---------

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
By "front end" I meant --- hood, grill, various shields in that area, hydraulic oil cooler, hydraulic pump, radiator, and then the front cover. And in my case, all while crawling over the FEL.

Tough little oil pump to get to ---------
Iz thanks..duh me!

Bruce, I left my fel on but left it raised. It's really not that bad of a job. I'm to the point of removing the balancer. The hardest part to me was the springs for the gov/speed till I finally figured out the right "twist"...but yeah...a pain of a job. :rolleyes: