Oh, boy, my ac went out today...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not exactly, the relay that controls the blower motor decided to cease operation when I was bailing this morning. I finally quit about noon. Even with the back window open and the side wing windows open, it was a sauna in the cab and now I'm covered with hay chaff too.

Have to swing by the dealer and order a new relay and install it which necessitates taking the roof off (no easy job). Gonna tough it out, get it done and switch to my open station with the hay spears on to move them and load the tractor trailers this weekend.

Noon was about all I could go anyway. The forage is so dry is was shattering bad. I need a little dew on it to keep it from shattering. Want to get as many rounds as possible in as much as hay is real tough here (not much rain) so the per bale price is way up. Rounds here 4x5's are fetching 40-50 per round. Got 43 on the counter already and a field and a half to go.... It's all sold already.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Several yrs back on a near 100° day the AC on my JD 4255 stopped operating while rd baling. I opened the widows which on JD SGB doesn't increase air flow much but will let dust/chaff in. After several hrs I surrendered without any dry clothing on me. I made myself a promise that if AC quit operating then rd hay baling stopped until I repaired AC or switched baling tractors.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Removing the roof itself isn't too bad...its just having a platform that gets you up high enough. Two people to lift it off is best.

Good luck on the haying...we need rain here in NH too. Lots of dust flying around.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I remember the good old days, bailing hay in an open station all day every day sun or clouds ... AC thats for pus,,, errr sissies ;)

Reactions: 1 user

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I remember the good old days, bailing hay in an open station all day every day sun or clouds ... AC thats for pus,,, errr sissies ;)
Throwing squares not having AC was the least of your worries.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Removing the roof itself isn't too bad...its just having a platform that gets you up high enough. Two people to lift it off is best.

Good luck on the haying...we need rain here in NH too. Lots of dust flying around.
I've had it off before. I'm the one who recommends lining the underside with Reflectix foil-bubble-foil insulating panels. Just a royal PITA to remove. Not heavy just cumbersome.

It's bad here, real bad fat as moisture goes. If I hadn't fertilized between cuts, I would have gotten nothing. I have enough for the cattle, they only get first cut. The rest gets sold and it's all sold already. My wife and I and 2 tall stepladders.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Several yrs back on a near 100° day the AC on my JD 4255 stopped operating while rd baling. I opened the widows which on JD SGB doesn't increase air flow much but will let dust/chaff in. After several hrs I surrendered without any dry clothing on me. I made myself a promise that if AC quit operating then rd hay baling stopped until I repaired AC or switched baling tractors.
I reserved myself to round bailing in the am, after the dew was off and quitting about 1pm. All that is left is loading on my customer's semi trailers, tomorrow morning.

Only own one cab tractor, the M9000HDCC3. My other one is also an M9000 but an open station hydraulic shuttle. I will say it's a dam sight cooler than the terrarium cab with no ac. You are right, opening the windows just gets you covered with hay chaff and sweat and little else.

Probably not be so unbearable if it wasn't so dry and hot. Very unseasonable weather here for this time of year.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Dealer checked stock and Kubota has the relay in Grove City parts distribution so I should have it yet this week. Didn't ask the price, just told them to get it. price don't matter really. They will combine it with my fall filter order anyway.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
My wife and I and 2 tall stepladders.

Do you have pallet forks? Line them up behind the cab and slide the roof onto the forks while you work on the A/C? Might be able to leave the front of the roof resting on the back of the cab while you are working.

Not trying to be a smart ass just trying to make it easier on the MRS.

3bfarm

Equipment
rtv 900
Oct 19, 2019
kansas
I have baled many bales without a cab but it is much nicer now with a cab. I hope hay will sell here as good as good as you are getting there, I have some to get sold. I tried to post a video of my new baler but I can't seem to get that done. Good luck getting your ac fixed.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Geo,, funny you should post that. I know a mine electrician that raises draft horses. Every year the club has a get together, to plow and cut and bale hay all with horse drawn equipment. Those guys put a ton of bucks and time blood sweat and tears in to that stuff. I took the grand kids to watch one time, and one said Im glad I didnt live back inthe old days, those girls had to WORK !!! Kids go figure :)