OEM Work lights to LED conversion

tinman4240

Equipment
Kubota L4240 HSTC FEL BH-92 hoe Pronovost P-720 SB HLA 1500 6' pusher/backdrag
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
It is less about the light, more about the placement!!

Lights should be placed BELOW your line of sight for the least amount of glare/reflection from snow or rain.
Hey Orange1forme, I'll keep your suggestion about line of sight in mind. I'm thinking I'll have to tweak the angle downward a tad.

tinman4240

Equipment
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
I had a similar experience and was told to use better lights, just like you.
I replaced the front overhead lights with a cheep set of LED's and I put a cheep LED on both sides of the cab for snow blowing at night. The cheep ones light up the area great but as soon as I turn them on I lose my radio reception. I have researched a lot and have tried a few different things but still no radio with lights on. I am told the more expensive LED's don't run on the same RF frequency as the radio's do. I can bluetooth music to my radio when running at night so I can live with it.
Thanks tinman4240 those look great. I saw today they were on sale. I’ll be plowing snow tomorrow and Tuesday when lake effect settles in.
I’m going to order in next couple days.

View attachment 51404
Hi Pokey1416 That looks like a fair deal. I paid $95 + $5 shipping each so if you want them, go for it. TigerLights are supposed to be good stuff. Good luck

tinman4240

Equipment
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
I replaced the front overhead lights with a cheep set of LED's and I put a cheep LED on both sides of the cab for snow blowing at night. The cheep ones light up the area great but as soon as I turn them on I lose my radio reception. I have researched a lot and have tried a few different things but still no radio with lights on. I am told the more expensive LED's don't run on the same RF frequency as the radio's do. I can bluetooth music to my radio when running at night so I can live with it.
If price = quality then I'm on track. I suppose that is not true with everything. We'll see what happens. There are a million different LED's out there to choose from. I took a chance and paid dearly for them.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
If price = quality then I'm on track. I suppose that is not true with everything. We'll see what happens. There are a million different LED's out there to choose from. I took a chance and paid dearly for them.
I bought Nilights, which I was told were a better brand.

Brankor

Equipment
2018 - L4060
Nov 26, 2020
Sudbury Ontario
Hi
I ended up installing some clip on Ferrite rings cores --- I clip them on the lead as close to the LEd bulbs as possible -- I installed 2 ferrite per lead and fixed my reception problem -- Radio is back
Purchase them on Amazon

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

tinman4240

Equipment
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
I got over 6 hrs seat time at night dealing the slush and water saturated snow 12/5/20 using the 4 LED work lights I recently installed on my L4240hstc. Compared to oem lights, much more illumination about the work area. Did not notice any glare from falling rain and snow. I might try rotating them a bit downward but they are floods. Not like you are using a spot. All in all, if they last and go on when I need them, then I'm satisfied.
BTW, the Pronovost P720 I run on the back just clogged with slush and was almost useless. Snowblowers, in general, do not like slushy snow. Thanks to the HLA 1500 pusher with the poly back drag option, I got it done.

Reactions: 1 user