OEM Work lights to LED conversion

tinman4240

Equipment
Kubota L4240 HSTC FEL BH-92 hoe Pronovost P-720 SB HLA 1500 6' pusher/backdrag
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
For those who might be thinking of replacing the OE work lights on their machine, I just installed 4 TigerLight LED's (#TL3240) on my Kubota L4240 HSTC-3. Here's how it went for me. The lights look well made, Cast aluminum heat sink housing with a polycarbonate lens. Water proof pigtail with a female oem connector. They shipped a new S/S U bracket, bolt, lock washer and nut which I did not need. The light mounts to the existing bracket if you are replacing oem work lights. Straightforward, plug and play install, for a change! So do they illuminate your work area? OMG, yes, more than I could hope for or probably need. 3200 lumans per light with only 3.3 amp draw is quite a bit of light. If they are dependable and go on when I need them, then the $100 per light will be worth it. I blow snow often at night and depend on my work lights. Hope I made the right choice with TigerLights.

Reactions: 1 users

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Well damn!!!!!!

Too bad I cut off the OEM connector and went old school with male/female connectors. Until now could not find OEM plug style in aftermarket.

Good find!!

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Please keep us posted on how they perform in the snow. Can you provide a pic of them installed? Been looking at replacing mine. Thanks

Brankor

Equipment
2018 - L4060
Nov 26, 2020
Sudbury Ontario
For those who might be thinking of replacing the OE work lights on their machine, I just installed 4 TigerLight LED's (#TL3240) on my Kubota L4240 HSTC-3. Here's how it went for me. The lights look well made, Cast aluminum heat sink housing with a polycarbonate lens. Water proof pigtail with a female oem connector. They shipped a new S/S U bracket, bolt, lock washer and nut which I did not need. The light mounts to the existing bracket if you are replacing oem work lights. Straightforward, plug and play install, for a change! So do they illuminate your work area? OMG, yes, more than I could hope for or probably need. 3200 lumans per light with only 3.3 amp draw is quite a bit of light. If they are dependable and go on when I need them, then the $100 per light will be worth it. I blow snow often at night and depend on my work lights. Hope I made the right choice with TigerLights.
Any problem with your radio reception since you converted to LED ---I tried some LED on my L4060 and lost my radio
What model number or part number for your Tigerlights --- Where did you purchase them? Thanks

tinman4240

Equipment
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
Any problem with your radio reception since you converted to LED ---I tried some LED on my L4060 and lost my radio
What model number or part number for your Tigerlights --- Where did you purchase them? Thanks
Hey Brankor,,,, Honestly the reception was crappy before I installed the LED's. Music to my ears is a smooth running engine and drivetrain. Maybe a CD. I bought them right form TigerLights LLC out of Tangent, Oregon. item# TL 3240 $95 ea plus shipping.

tinman4240

Equipment
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
Well damn!!!!!!

Too bad I cut off the OEM connector and went old school with male/female connectors. Until now could not find OEM plug style in aftermarket.

Good find!!
Well, my friend, we can always count on old school. Kubota doesn't give you too much extra wire off the harness and it's tight up around the canopy. Glad it worked out for you.

tinman4240

Equipment
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
Please keep us posted on how they perform in the snow. Can you provide a pic of them installed? Been looking at replacing mine. Thanks
Hi pokey1416. I wish it was snow'n cuz then I'd be blow'n. These lights are bright. I'm hoping they aren't so bright that there is a blinding glare from falling or blowing snow. I drove around a bit last night on a test run and they almost create a halo of illumination around the machine. That's a good thing. I'll try to post a few images of the LED's later today.

tinman4240

Equipment
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
I'm looking at these lights, sounds like they would be a great decision
Hi macminn18. I've been looking at LED's awhile. Ran across these TigerLights. Looks like the harvester guys run them on their machines as they work 24/7. They look quality. Just hope the last. A hundred bucks a pop made me think. But if you can see good at night you will forget about the cost. Go for it!

tinman4240

Equipment
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
hope you saw my reply
Hello, I took a couple pics of the LED's I installed. I actually put 3 washers between the cab bracket and the light bracket to lower it from the canopy in the front only. That gave me a tad more room to adjust the vertical plane of the front lights. The rears had plenty of room for movement. I also used the oe star washers to help lock the lights solid.
100.jpg

Attachments

tinman4240

Equipment
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
Bright LED lights are great!......... As long as it is not snowing.
That could be an issue for sure. Don't look directly at the lighted LED's. It's like looking at the sun. Hoping for snow and a night time workout.

Chuckinnj

Equipment
RTV500, BX2230, T2290
Sep 13, 2020
New Jersey
If these lights are "offensive" while in a snow storm try a pair of yellow lens glasses or nighttime ski goggles. Yellow is the preferred color for snow storms. The other problem I had while plowing with LED lights is snow build up on the lights due to lack of heat.

BTW! NICE JOB on the install...... They look great!

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
hope you saw my reply
Thanks tinman4240 those look great. I saw today they were on sale. I’ll be plowing snow tomorrow and Tuesday when lake effect settles in.
I’m going to order in next couple days.

48D6CABC-2DAC-4C14-85DB-90435F71A4B2.jpeg

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
I replaced the front overhead lights with a cheep set of LED's and I put a cheep LED on both sides of the cab for snow blowing at night. The cheep ones light up the area great but as soon as I turn them on I lose my radio reception. I have researched a lot and have tried a few different things but still no radio with lights on. I am told the more expensive LED's don't run on the same RF frequency as the radio's do. I can bluetooth music to my radio when running at night so I can live with it.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I replaced the front overhead lights with a cheep set of LED's and I put a cheep LED on both sides of the cab for snow blowing at night. The cheep ones light up the area great but as soon as I turn them on I lose my radio reception. I have researched a lot and have tried a few different things but still no radio with lights on. I am told the more expensive LED's don't run on the same RF frequency as the radio's do. I can bluetooth music to my radio when running at night so I can live with it.
I had a similar experience and was told to use better lights, just like you.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Bright LED lights are great!......... As long as it is not snowing.
It is less about the light, more about the placement!!

Lights should be placed BELOW your line of sight for the least amount of glare/reflection from snow or rain.

tinman4240

Equipment
Feb 1, 2015
South Windsor, CT
If these lights are "offensive" while in a snow storm try a pair of yellow lens glasses or nighttime ski goggles. Yellow is the preferred color for snow storms. The other problem I had while plowing with LED lights is snow build up on the lights due to lack of heat.

BTW! NICE JOB on the install...... They look great!
Hello Chuckinnj, Thanx for the idea with the yellow lens or goggles and compliment. I think I have some yellow range glasees that might work. Looks like lack of heat could be an issue. Time will tell, hoping for some snow.