not runing right

j. elliott

Equipment
m108s 9540
Jul 31, 2021
pleasant hill mo.
very new to this so bear with me. I have a m108s that has less than 1500 hours on it. tractor has been running fine up to last week while baling hay it cut out a little bit then quit finished baling. Started a new field did it again only worse. changed fuel filter and drained water separator tractor runs fine till you put under a load at 540 then it starts missing and sputtering till you idle it down then its fine. The only thing i noticed is when the electric pump is unhooked from the filter it does not exactly squirt out like you would think it should. Any body have any ideas. thanks

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Sounds like you either have something plugging the fuel line, the outlet in the fuel tank or the vent in the tank. Another thing to check is any rubber fuel lines that could be deteriorating inside and causing reduced fuel flow. I am assuming that you also checked your air filter?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Do you know that your M108 has an electronic controlled common rail fuel injection system.

I have attached a page describing the fuel system.

Unless you have some particular training in these systems, I would suggest you call for dealer help with their proprietary computer system.

forum M108 fuel system.jpg

Do you have n Owner's manual which would tell you where the trouble codes appear on the dash.?

Dave

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
very new to this so bear with me. I have a m108s that has less than 1500 hours on it. tractor has been running fine up to last week while baling hay it cut out a little bit then quit finished baling. Started a new field did it again only worse. changed fuel filter and drained water separator tractor runs fine till you put under a load at 540 then it starts missing and sputtering till you idle it down then its fine. The only thing i noticed is when the electric pump is unhooked from the filter it does not exactly squirt out like you would think it should. Any body have any ideas. thanks
At the inlet of the fuel filter there is a 90 degree fitting that is prone to clogging with dirt. remove the fuel line that goes from the fuel tank to that fitting and blow back through from the filter housing with compressed air to remove the debris. This is a common occurrence on all Kubota machines that use that filter design if any contamination gets into the fuel tank. This is the primary filter, the one with the clear plastic bowl.

j. elliott

Equipment
m108s 9540
Jul 31, 2021
pleasant hill mo.
Sounds like you either have something plugging the fuel line, the outlet in the fuel tank or the vent in the tank. Another thing to check is any rubber fuel lines that could be deteriorating inside and causing reduced fuel flow. I am assuming that you also checked your air filter?
Yes on the air filter, and have thought there could be a plug or a bad fuel line but haven't checked that yet.

j. elliott

Equipment
m108s 9540
Jul 31, 2021
pleasant hill mo.
Do you know that your M108 has an electronic controlled common rail fuel injection system.

I have attached a page describing the fuel system.

Unless you have some particular training in these systems, I would suggest you call for dealer help with their proprietary computer system.

View attachment 63879

Do you have n Owner's manual which would tell you where the trouble codes appear on the dash.?

Dave
Yes it does have a fuel rail system and yes this is one of my fears it could be ecu. there are no codes appearing on the dash. Its kinda funny i have 9540 thats newer with a regular pump and injector system.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Yes on the air filter, and have thought there could be a plug or a bad fuel line but haven't checked that yet.
Read closely Eserv’s advice, he knows more about Kubota’s than most people because fixing them is what he does.

Reactions: 1 user