Not orange, but could make shortages even greater

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I know it is John Deere going on strike, but in my mind this could make the tractor shortage even greater. If you were looking for a new Deere, but can't get it, you will start looking other places, which could bring more orange owners, but in turn add to the shortage across the board.

More than 10K John Deere employees go on strike Thursday | Fox Business

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The HUGE problem will be when the green machines breakdown in the fields and there's nobody able to FIX them !!! Is the service department still 'open for business' ? If not WHO will pay for all the lost crops ? Surely NOT the farmer or his crop insurance company....

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The HUGE problem will be when the green machines breakdown in the fields and there's nobody able to FIX them !!! Is the service department still 'open for business' ? If not WHO will pay for all the lost crops ? Surely NOT the farmer or his crop insurance company....
Dealers are independent businesses. Dealer employees are not John Deere employees.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The question will be is there parts available to repair the broken machines?

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Was at the vets office the other day and they had a JD 3025e. It’s the JD version on my L2501. Gotta tell ya not a fan. I am sure at least some of my bias is my familiarity of my own tractor but there was a marked difference in my opinion. They bought the JD because veterinarians get a 20% discount. That would be hard to pass up for sure. I suppose though that this is like the Ford, Dodge, GM debate. Everyone has their preference. Gonna be tough in these times if companies go on strike when we already have huge manufacturing and supply chain issues. Never seen anything like this in my lifetime. Reminds me of my folks discussing rationing during WWII. But that was during a world war. This is just due to incompetence.