Not my typical day at work

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That's a pretty sweet setup that you did. :D Been chased by the police a couple times on those :eek: deer camp was near a couple snowmobile trails so naturally we got caught on them a couple of times :rolleyes: Now showing that to my wife who has only lived in southern states blows her mind :D:D

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
You need to do a few high speed runs and make sure those lights can be seen at high speeds and jumping over a snow drift. Get it on video. :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I told the co that dropped it off i was going to take it for a rip, -20 no helmet or suit- no way. Warmer inside my shop.

It sure is bright in the dark.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
I told the co that dropped it off i was going to take it for a rip, -20 no helmet or suit- no way. Warmer inside my shop.

It sure is bright in the dark.
Found out i have a few more to do. Great, straight time and get to do it any way i see fit.
Hiding wiring and clean installs are my priority.
image.jpg have to go to great lengths.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
"IT EXPLODED!!!"

I am the same way. I bought a UTV and running the turn signals and other wiring in cable sheathing through the proper routes so everything looks OEM -or better, took a week. Looks awesome AND the wires won't snag down the road.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Ray, nice "Toy". Since your wife got ownership of the tractor, is this one yours?:D

I've got an '09, 700XP. It's pretty plain, but it's used mainly for a farm vehicle for transportation, hauling firewood, brush, and OH the dog!!

When she hears if fire off, she's in the pass. seat!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Nope. I bought her this for our anniversary. Wink-Wink!!! :)

It only had 300 mi on it. Had to drive to Tucson to haul it home but it was worth it. A few minor issues that are common with the brand but it drives great on the street. Polaris went cheap on the torque converter on the early 900s and there is a super-nice kit to swap out the primary and secondary to a really nice system. Unfortunately, its $1200 so I am waiting until I get tired of the noises coming from my squeak-box.

We bought it to run errands around town and haul stuff around on the property. I need to get more "streety" tires for it as these soft off-roaders are great in the dirt or sand but they won't last long on pavement. The main problem is the tire patch is so small you don't get any traction on pavement, front or rear. It under-steers pretty bad on the street, especially above 50mph. Another problem: Street tires for this cost more than my Michelin sports on my 2000 BMW! Currently $800 a set -but they just came out last year. The price will drop over time.

AZ and UT are the only states thus far where you can street register these and ATVs. You see quads wailing around town all the time. These utes are getting very popular out here.

We want to haul the dogs along but, the minute it starts up, they bail. We are hoping they will get used to it...

Ray

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
Those are nice machines. Only thing i dont like is the noise. But im sure they are improving that as time goes on. I do like the diesel versions, and they pull like a draft horse.
As far as street tires go, im suprised there arent adapters to accept car wheels.
A set of et mag wheels and pro trac 50's on the back. That would be my preference.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
TJ,

They are loud. This 900 model moved the engine to under the rear bed and that, reportedly, makes it one of the quietest yet.

One colossally dumb thing Polaris did was to put the engine in "backwards." The headers for both cylinders route forward out of the head and under the passenger seat before curling around and heading out the rear of the vehicle.

I have some sound deadening material and isolation foam. I am going to completely line the seat underside as well as the underside of the tilt bed and rear of the cab. I thought about wrapping the headers but the word is that is really bad for the metal and shortens their life.

Its not too bad unless you are wound out at 60. The tires start to roar at 35. Coming at you at speed, it sounds like a Huey Cobra running a knot or two below redline. :)

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
D2,

Thanks! I am a member of both forums but they are nothing like this forum! Hardly anyone owns a tool and most have mods or upgrades "done." There are some great vendors there who are very helpful but I post questions and its often days before I get a response. Oh well... it is what it is.

Sorry for the thread hijack TJ!!!

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming....

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Fixed a starting issue with a deutz motor today using a leaf blower :cool::cool::cool:

Had a motor sent in that was a basket case. Replaced about $3000 worth of missing parts on the motor. Reassembled the exhaust. Changed the oil. Replaced a missing filter base for the fuel and oil filters. Only thing left to do was getting it running.

Bled the fuel system about 20 times. It wanted to fire, but just wouldn't start :rolleyes: finally narrowed it down to the exhaust not breathing. Mind you, the motor sat partially disassembled out side for over a year.

Finally narrowed it down to the exhaust not breathing. Disconnected the intake. Hit it with a leaf blower for a couple minutes, while another person cranked the motor over. Hooked the fuel solenoid back up, and it fired right off. Hooked the intake back up to the turbo and fired the motor up a second time. Proceeded to get covered in water, exhaust crud and oil :rolleyes: It had apparently been wet stacked and parked.

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
Ended up doing 5 machines with lights. Was a nice change compared to the regular why did i agree to do it kind of work. Been so many hard cases this winter, i cant understand where they all came from. Hoping some interesting projects roll up soon.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
They are having a year end sale at work today. Sooooo...... I get to goof off and had lunch catered in :D

Got my eyes on a couple of things, that if they don't sell, I'm gonna pounce on :D

They have a couple trailers, backhoe, a mini skid steer, trackhoe, pumps, generators, pressure washers, chop saws, sod cutters, augers, and a bunch more stuff :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The diesel generator I was eye balling sold fast!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
19 days same car in shop. Pulled complete big block powertrain and installig it into a 59 dodge regent. Also getting power steering. A lot of fab work from motor mounts, exhaust,modified steering column bucket seats, floor shift and console. Im thinking it should be close in about 10 days. Cant get anything else into shop so i have been going at it 7 days/week. Having fun. Steering column was difficult,but nearing the end of that stage.