Not a tractor but I found it in the barn

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
Does the stove police go door to door, or do they depend on neighbors to turn the offenders in?
There are no 'stove police' yet.
What happens is: If you have a house fire, they will find out how it started and then insurance won't pay if you were not honest.
Around here, bad fires get investigated and the cause is reported.

Reactions: 1 users

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
There are no 'stove police' yet.
What happens is: If you have a house fire, they will find out how it started and then insurance won't pay if you were not honest.
Around here, bad fires get investigated and the cause is reported.
Pawnee is correct. Even if your house has a fire caused by something else, the insurance will void your coverage because you did not "disclose" everything.
I put in a pellet stove in my detached garage/workshop/studio. Before firing it up, I called my insurance to inform them, along with the WHETT certificate (had it professionally installed). They immediately said they were cancelling my house insurance in 2 weeks. Had the pellet stove been in the house, it would have been ok. But, in an "out building", on a solid concrete floor, forbidden. I never saw a reason for that... So, I had 2 weeks to find another insurance company which I did. All they asked was for the WHETT certificate and they were good to go. I moved my car insurance as well to the new insurer. Though a bit more expensive, they gave me no hassles and I'm covered. They even cover my BX25 tractor with a rider and policy allows me things like helping clear my neighbor's driveway, as long as it is not for compensation...

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Pawnee is correct. Even if your house has a fire caused by something else, the insurance will void your coverage because you did not "disclose" everything.
I put in a pellet stove in my detached garage/workshop/studio. Before firing it up, I called my insurance to inform them, along with the WHETT certificate (had it professionally installed). They immediately said they were cancelling my house insurance in 2 weeks. Had the pellet stove been in the house, it would have been ok. But, in an "out building", on a solid concrete floor, forbidden. I never saw a reason for that... So, I had 2 weeks to find another insurance company which I did. All they asked was for the WHETT certificate and they were good to go. I moved my car insurance as well to the new insurer. Though a bit more expensive, they gave me no hassles and I'm covered. They even cover my BX25 tractor with a rider and policy allows me things like helping clear my neighbor's driveway, as long as it is not for compensation...
I had "INTACT" insurance (Canada).
They would not cooperate!

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
It is all about control nothing more just control
No, it is a choice.
It you do not want to deal with insurance companies just pay cash for your home. Then no insurance is required. You simple assume all risk.
If you want a company to assume the risk you have to follow their rules.

Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The control part, is they have you by the nuts and they know it, and for the most part you have no say in the matter

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Weigh it, find out what the scrap per pound is and double it.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Obviously it's worth thousands, I just need you guys to tell me how many thousands.
All the parts are there and fit together remarkably well.
I can not find any numbers, letters, or a name anywhere.
We had the same stove growing up. It did OK .... not great.

my house now, I had a "warm morning" coal/wood stove that was a monster... put out great heat.
But parts were getting hard to find.... it needed a new shaker grate.... ended up selling it and Buying a new Jotul stove...

I was very leary of the new "emissions friendly" stoves..... especially did NOT want a stove with a catalytic element..

So after a lot of research, I bought the Jotul Rangeley stove
It uses stainless piping above the firebox .... so once the fire is established, you adjust the damper and it will create a "secondary burn" which is all the smoke and gasses you usually see coming out of a chimney ....
no element to replace and the SS tubing is lifetime warranty.

incredibly long burn times and it heats like a mother...
uses less wood also since you are getting more heat from the wood and not letting it go up the chimney.

never thought I'd like a modern woodstove but this thing is great.