Not a tractor but I found it in the barn

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
Obviously it's worth thousands, I just need you guys to tell me how many thousands.
All the parts are there and fit together remarkably well.
I can not find any numbers, letters, or a name anywhere.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
It's just a little old cook stove. Thousands seems a but steep, but not my area of expertise at any rate.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Obviously it's worth thousands, I just need you guys to tell me how many thousands.
My business partner and I purchased what looks like an identical stove minus the fancy castings on the sides. We paid $75 but that was 30 years ago. We heated a rustic 12 x24 cabin in east central Missouri. I can say that it was not very easy to regulate the flue or burn time of the wood. It worked out good for us the way we used the cabin and the more moderate winter temps compared to what we have here in central Wisconsin. We used the top surface for cooking eggs etc in the mornings, heating water for cleaning up.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The value definitely depends on the region, and the visual, plus working condition.
There was an old family run business in Thorndike, ME (Bryant stoves) that would recondition that stove and then perhaps sell it for $500+.
I believe the owners have now died though, and the business closed.
If you are in the Midwest, you may be able to sell it for $100,...... if you are very lucky.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I know you were being silly, with the thousands thing. But really and like said location has a lot to do with worth. I have seen Franklin stoves like that go for 10 bucks at some farm sales and then the next one you see went for 150 bucks. And some of the most wonderful days in camp were spent around a small stove like that. A real good find, and if you can enjoy it

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
here in Ontario I can't legally install into my house without it getting CERTIFIED by some 'wood burning appliance' certifier...THEN send that paperwork to the home insurance company where THEY then have to decide IF they'll add a 'rider' to my policy AFTER THEY also get 'paperwork' saying my chimney is certified....
even though I have access to 5 free bush cords a year, I burn 'bad' Natural gas.....

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And my friend wants to know why I dont want to move to the GWN with her

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I'm just impressed it still has the eye handle with it. I see those heaters selling for $50 to $200 around here, but the handle is never with it.

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
We have 2 wood stoves in the house, I stopped using the smaller one because 2 fires have become a bit much to tend and cut wood for.
Both installed by me and checked by the fire department - I made all the changes they required of course.
Insurance knows we are within 10kM of the fire hall and that we heat with electric, wood backup.
It's actually about evenly divided between electric, solar, and wood.

if I had a cabin I would run this stove.

I'm amazed at its condition, it was sunk into mud in a corner but only has surface rust. My Mom likely bought it at auction. Dad hated when she did that. Haha.

Around here, home fires seem to be mostly divided between wood stoves and computer batteries, so be careful with those I guess.

Thanks for the replies, I will try to sell it.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
My Dad had a hunting camp with a stove similar to that one. He brought it home when he "upgraded" to modern appliances. When I had a public sale of his possesions, the stove brought $5.00, probably about scrap price.

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
I had one of those stoves back in the 70's, working in the "bush" and it was used to heat our tent. It worked ok, but they were a dime a dozen in those days... Lots of creosote dripped from the pipes....

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
here in Ontario I can't legally install into my house without it getting CERTIFIED by some 'wood burning appliance' certifier...THEN send that paperwork to the home insurance company where THEY then have to decide IF they'll add a 'rider' to my policy AFTER THEY also get 'paperwork' saying my chimney is certified....
even though I have access to 5 free bush cords a year, I burn 'bad' Natural gas.....
I can empathize!
I had a magnificent very large round freestanding glassed in fireplace, that I had custom built for me in Minnesota.
I installed it in my Atlantic ocean view living room in NS, only to find that I would need to get it WHETT certified (wood heat energy transfer technology).
What a crock!
I did not use it!
When I sold the house 3 years ago, I took the fireplace with me.
I paid $2,500, 30 years ago!
I never used it, and a Michigan E-Bay buyer is coming for it this month ($900).

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I have a stove similar to the one in the picture without the artwork. I removed one lid and cut a piece of 1/4" same dia. Then drilled a hole for a 3/8" steel pipe which is welded in the hole and drops down a few inches. Over to the side on a bench I have the bottom of a water heater cut off and about 15" deep mounted on three legs. Line goes from bottom of the tank through a ball valve and into the pipe on the stove top.

Put drained oil in the tank and a 5 gal. bucket of wood chips in the stove, open the valve a tad, and have heat all day!

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I have a stove similar to the one in the picture without the artwork. I removed one lid and cut a piece of 1/4" same dia. Then drilled a hole for a 3/8" steel pipe which is welded in the hole and drops down a few inches. Over to the side on a bench I have the bottom of a water heater cut off and about 15" deep mounted on three legs. Line goes from bottom of the tank through a ball valve and into the pipe on the stove top.

Put drained oil in the tank and a 5 gal. bucket of wood chips in the stove, open the valve a tad, and have heat all day!
Sounds like a nice barn heater

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
They were selling identical stoves at Ace Hardware in the 1980s. I bought one for a cabin for about $200.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
In Canada uncertified stoves have to be at least 4 feet from any combustable surfaces. If you tell your insurance you are using one they will probably threaten to cancel your policy if you don't remove it. You will also likely get a home inspection audit from your friendly insurer to look for other things to make you do in their acceptable time frame.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
In Canada uncertified stoves have to be at least 4 feet from any combustable surfaces. If you tell your insurance you are using one they will probably threaten to cancel your policy if you don't remove it. You will also likely get a home inspection audit from your friendly insurer to look for other things to make you do in their acceptable time frame.
Does the stove police go door to door, or do they depend on neighbors to turn the offenders in?