NorTrac/FarmPro 1G-120 Tiller?

John C

Equipment
B7100D, LMC Clipper 400, LMC 4ft Box Blade, NorTrac 47" Tiller
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
Hello All,
I've been looking for a 3pt tiller to use behind my B7100 and ran across a deal on a NorTrac 1G-120 4ft tiller for $150 from a guy who said it came with his NorTrac tractor and he used it for about 3yrs and had broken some tines off and when he went to order replacements from Northern Tool they told him that they no longer sold that model tiller and they had to get them from China and it would take almost 6 months. I think the Farm Pro is the same tiller but I was wondering if anyone knows who actually manufactures these in China because I've ordered lots of other stuff from China and always got it within a week or two? also wondered if anyone has any experience with one of these tillers good bad or indifferent? I'm a hopeless cheapskate and this seems like too good a deal to pass up!:confused:

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
John C I also have a b7100 I think the book only calls for a 42 inch tiller. Someone else may have more info. Just make sure your B7100 can handle the 48 inch tiller. You have 13 hp. on the rear pto. handyman

John C

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
Handyman,
Actually I was taking his word on the 4ft part! It is 120cm which converts to 47inch but it would be real easy to remove a row of tines should the tractor not want to handle it! I was just hoping someone would have had a run in with one of these and could give me some insight as to reliability/parts availability? I was impressed when I saw it because the seller had told me he thought it had a chain driving the tine shaft but after looking at it it is definately gear driven! and for $150 if it tills the garden for two years I'm in the green!

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Think the nortrac is handled by northern tools. They could probably give you info on the parts etc. You are right about the 2 years. I am watching for someone to jump in that has one or knows someone who has.:D 150 would be a giveaway if you can use it and find parts. I would call northern. good luck I will be watching this thread. handyman

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
well... why wouldn't you remove those outside tines to see if they could be swapped around somehow to fill in lost interior tines? maybe resharpened opposite side or similar

just a quick thought, kytim

John C

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
Kytim,
I've actually got several sets of new tines! seems he ordered them from Northern Tool in March and just got them 2 weeks ago! He got fed up with the wait in May and went out to Tractor Supply and bought a new King Kutter 4ft tiller! I was just hoping to circumvent Northern Tool as a parts supplier for future parts because of the lead time. I already discovered that Farm Pro from Homier Distributing in Indiana sold the exact same tiller under the Farm Pro brand. Both Farm Pro and NorTrac tractors are Jinma's so i'm wondering if the tiller could also be of Jinma manufacture but I'm having difficulty Identifing any contacts for Jinma ! Contacting Homier Dist has also been difficult as the robophone will not allow you to speak to a human!