non OEM hydraulic rear remote for 2009 M7040?

sflight

Equipment
2009 Kubota M7040
Sep 12, 2010
Fife Lake, MI
Looking to stack 2 more rear hydraulic remotes to the one I already have. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket valve that I can stack? Old Kubota part # is 907. I understand its been changed to part #3C081-82542. I was quoted $1374 for one Kubota stackable hydraulic remote valve. Getting 2 valves and the lever kits from Kubota is getting unreasonably expensive. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Looking to stack 2 more rear hydraulic remotes to the one I already have. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket valve that I can stack? Old Kubota part # is 907. I understand its been changed to part #3C081-82542. I was quoted $1374 for one Kubota stackable hydraulic remote valve. Getting 2 valves and the lever kits from Kubota is getting unreasonably expensive. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
With the right skills, there is nothing stopping you from putting a double spool control valve with a power beyond feature in the line from the loader valve's power beyond line. From this valve you supply two rear remotes.

Do something wrong however and damage the pump then you will learn what expensive really is. It will never look like a neat installation.

Dave

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
I would see if I could find a junked tractor with the needed parts for sale. There are salvage companies out there.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Yeah so what you'll do is run down to the local college, latch onto a mechanical, then hydraulic engineering class, then after you have that done, take a machine tools class and then build/market you own aftermarket valve kit.

They are not just simple devices like many think.

Kubota valves work on Kubota tractors and they just fit. Real easy to put on. They are expensive, but that M7040 isn't necessarily a cheap tractor either. I'm fairly sure that the investment you make now for OEM stuff is going to pay for itself come time to trade up, or sell. Aftermarket stuff is generally not even close in comparison. I do this stuff on a daily basis and it is VERY VERY rare for any aftermarket part to fit and work exactly like OEM; even sometimes the aftermarket company that is owned by the OEM. To my knowledge there is no aftermarket rear remote but I'm gonna watch this thread to see if maybe someone else knows if there is.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Yeah so what you'll do is run down to the local college, latch onto a mechanical, then hydraulic engineering class, then after you have that done, take a machine tools class and then build/market you own aftermarket valve kit.

They are not just simple devices like many think.

Kubota valves work on Kubota tractors and they just fit. Real easy to put on. They are expensive, but that M7040 isn't necessarily a cheap tractor either. I'm fairly sure that the investment you make now for OEM stuff is going to pay for itself come time to trade up, or sell. Aftermarket stuff is generally not even close in comparison. I do this stuff on a daily basis and it is VERY VERY rare for any aftermarket part to fit and work exactly like OEM; even sometimes the aftermarket company that is owned by the OEM. To my knowledge there is no aftermarket rear remote but I'm gonna watch this thread to see if maybe someone else knows if there is.
Install a couple of diverters bolted on top of the existing valve and still use the existing control lever. Relatively simple, still about $900 though.

Attachments