No Rust or Dents or Dirt in the U.S.A.??

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I like seeing pic's of other peoples stuff like in threads like these:

With most members of this forum being from the U.S. it gets me wondering if equipment and tractors from the U.S. are all free of rust, scratches and dents???

I know I am very kind to my stuff. I exceed all service intervals. I store inside. I do work my stuff though wouldn't say hard but rather well within manufacturers spec's...

So why does my stuff attract dirt, some dents/scratches/rust/etc... while others look like show room condition??

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
my goal is to wear all the paint off the bucket, while others don't wanna scratch it.
Whatever floats your boat, you gotta do you!

maybe occasionally wash the thing after a long day

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
my goal is to wear all the paint off the bucket, while others don't wanna scratch the bucket
whatever floats your boat, you gotta do you!

maybe occasionally wash the thing after a long day
Come on now, there is no way you are parking that dirty tractor in that garage 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
:p🤣 i see where this is going

where is @Matt Ellerbee with his MX6000 mud bogging pictures?

Last edited:
  • Haha

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
77588C53-EED9-4C3A-A21C-1CE7CBDF4798.jpeg

Mine gets dirty but: 1) If it gets stupid dirty I hose it off mostly to keep large quantities of dirt from invading the garage where it sleeps. 2) like a lot of things and people it looks pretty good in a pic from 30’ but if you get close the excess grease I never wipe off, dust, mud, and general debris is a little more obvious.

I do tend to keep it free of wood chips, sawdust, leaves, grass, and any other flammable stuff as I’ve been involved in one too many equipment fires caused by failure to clean off flammable materials that get built up on parts that are routinely hot or around bad bearings.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Coming from a 30 year machine repair background, clean equipment is more pleasant to maintain and repair. It's easier to spot failure conditions on clean equipment. The external appearance often mirrors how the internals have been cared for.

Reactions: 3 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I have to hose down mine every time I mow because of the muck. This was a couple of weeks ago while mowing the road ditch. The week before it was wet and the tractor just sank a bit, the following week it was dry and even the left side of the deck sank. Somehow, I got it out. That is why I replaced my 38 inch deck Husqvarna with the Kubota.
IMG_20211001_105914.jpg
IMG_20211001_105933.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Mine lives under the loft of an open-front barn so it's somewhat protected.

It gets hosed off once or twice a year, cab may get vacuumed out 3 or 4 times a year, glass gets cleaned when I can't see.

ALL maintenance is done on-schedule or even a bit early. I get the correlation between appearance and maintenance, just saying it's not a foolproof yardstick.

If you want to spit-shine your tractor after every use, more power to ya. I got better things to do with my time. Same goes for my truck and even my motorcycle. "Gee, should I go for a ride or spend the afternoon detailing my bike? Hmmmmmm...."

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Coming from a 30 year machine repair background, clean equipment is more pleasant to maintain and repair. It's easier to spot failure conditions on clean equipment. The external appearance often mirrors how the internals have been cared for.
I maintain about 35 ride on pieces for county parks and recreation. I have stressed this till I’m blue in the face! If the guys bring me something broken and completely filthy, I will not work on it till it is cleaned off. I hate to be like that, but they have gotten better about it.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
i knew it :ROFLMAO:
dont be afraid to admit how much tractor detailing happens while using that fancy lift of yours!

• Haha

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have to admit mine has been kept a lot dirtier than normal this year….too many irons in the fire.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I know what you mean OP. Mine is new and shiny too, 60 hours in its first year, lol. But I'm an accountant and not a farmer or landscaper. I can assure you driving around here in the fields of New England the majority of all the tractors are quite old, beat, and rusty! :geek:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Don't believe him, he isn't an accountant, he is a tobacco farmer in Hadley MA, famous for tobacco for the outer wrappers of cigars. :)

• Haha
  • Love

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Tobacco is still around here in the Valley, it comes and goes.
Asparagus has been gaining back momentum over the years.
Hadley, MA has reclaimed it's title as "Asparagus capital of the world"
:geek:
Back to the topic at hand:
It's fun to do taxes for these dirty old farmers with old beat rusty tractors, you feel so sorry for them and the hard life they are living.......... Then they pull out their bank interest statements with the countless thousands of dollars of interest income... :oops:😁 Don't let the old rusty tractors fool you. 😁

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Tobacco is still around here in the Valley, it comes and goes.
Asparagus has been gaining back momentum over the years.
Hadley, MA has reclaimed it's title as "Asparagus capital of the world"
:geek:
Back to the topic at hand:
It's fun to do taxes for these dirty old farmers with old beat rusty tractors, you feel so sorry for them and the hard life they are living.......... Then they pull out their bank interest statements with the countless thousands of dollars of interest income... :oops:😁 Don't let the old rusty tractors fool you. 😁
West Brookfield I thought was the asparagus capital, and every year, they have their asparagus festival on the town common. According to Google, neither is...
google said:
Oceana County is famous as the "Asparagus Capital of the World" for its high production of asparagus. The annual Asparagus Festival includes a parade and crowning of the Asparagus Queen.
Oceana County, Michigan.

The town is believed to be the birthplace of asparagus in the New World. Diederik Leertouwer came to the United States in 1784 to promote trade between the Netherlands and New England. He later settled with his wife and daughter in West Brookfield where he carried out his duties as Consul and lived here between the years 1794 and 1798. At that time West Brookfield had a population greater than Worcester and was being considered for the county seat. Local legend has it that Diederik Leertouwer imported asparagus from his homeland and was the first to plant it in this area. This fact was forgotten until it was discovered in an old cookbook. Wild asparagus still grows in this area today. Leertouwer died here and is buried in the Old Indian Cemetery on Cottage Street in West Brookfield.