No Name Wheel Spacers Longevity??

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Sorry for this Umteen post on spacers but I see sooo many post on no name spacers being used but no long term follow ups or any at all! Also I should rephrase what I said.. what I mean is mainly what you see on Amazon and eBay for spacers or that doesn’t have Borla or Brotek stamped in them.

Is there anyone on here that has them on a BX or any size tractor for that matter. The thing is Brotek or Borla either one gives you a wheel centric bore size and no one shows a close up of that fitment.. most important part of the spacer.. Name or No-name brands.

I know the hub is not centric on my BX but I feel a little more secure having the wheel centric spacer as to not having it.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Sorry for this Umteen post on spacers but I see sooo many post on no name spacers being used but no long term follow ups or any at all! Also I should rephrase what I said.. what I mean is mainly what you see on Amazon and eBay for spacers or that doesn’t have Borla or Brotek stamped in them.

Is there anyone on here that has them on a BX or any size tractor for that matter. The thing is Brotek or Borla either one gives you a wheel centric bore size and no one shows a close up of that fitment.. most important part of the spacer.. Name or No-name brands.

I know the hub is not centric on my BX but I feel a little more secure having the wheel centric spacer as to not having it.
Original as you said are not hub centric. So adding that will not give you more than the original design does... well, maybe, but does it really make a difference?

I have the cheap ones off amazon/walmart on my BX, and my son in law has the same type on his BX23S.

This is a really low tech product. Personally I see no problem with them. They actually seem to be manufactured to a fairly high quality.

BUT if it worries you, spend three times as much (or more) for an American made product. It is only money! For me the cheap ones are satisfactory so far. And I expect they will be far into the future.

Reactions: 1 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I see post here and there about a perfect fit but never a follow up. I’m sure the lugs line up just fine but a perfect fit with the wheel centric is almost a snug fit to the wheel bore, not a gap around it.
Original as you said are not hub centric. So adding that will not give you more than the original design does... well, maybe, but does it really make a difference?

I have the cheap ones off amazon/walmart on my BX, and my son in law has the same type on his BX23S.

This is a really low tech product. Personally I see no problem with them. They actually seem to be manufactured to a fairly high quality.

BUT if it worries you, spend three times as much (or more) for an American made product. It is only money! For me the cheap ones are satisfactory so far. And I expect they will be far into the future.
I was hoping you might respond, I think I seen a post of yours a while back about you and your son in law having them. I think they would be fine but still looking for other’s opinions that actually have them.

As for the wheel centric part I think this helps take some pressure off of the outer spacer lugs. It would be awesome if the hubs had it it also., that would really help lock it in.
Since he’s got them on a 23s, that makes me feel even better about them! Thanks Henro!

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
I don't foresee any problems with my spacers, built for a pickup with 10 times the horsepower, 3 times the weight, and hitting a pothole at 10 times the speed, ever failing on my BX. I'm perfectly comfortable not having shelled out 3 times, or more, the money. But then, I'm on a budget. If I was rich, maybe.... oh, who am I kidding, I wouldn't waste the money. Personal choice. No problems after several years.

Reactions: 1 user

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I don't foresee any problems with my spacers, built for a pickup with 10 times the horsepower, 3 times the weight, and hitting a pothole at 10 times the speed, ever failing on my BX.
Found these on the I-net:geek:
car-fails-21-1.jpg

• Haha

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious was I, so I went to Bro-tek website, looked at a spacer. the ONLY spec is 'weighs 9#'. hmm. guess they might machine to +-1 thou ? Frankly on a bad day I can get +-.1thou ( 1/10th of a thou) accuracy so my spacers are 10 X better than Broteks. The real question is do you NEED that kind of accuracy ? No.. it's a wheel spacer, very low speed, heck ,it won't change the wump,wiggle,wump,wiggle of the tires going down the blacktop.
numbers for numbers I supppose.
Now, shimming ALL the pivot points in teh loader and BH, that WOULD help !
There, million buck business, 'shimming' kits for Kubotas.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I see post here and there about a perfect fit but never a follow up. I’m sure the lugs line up just fine but a perfect fit with the wheel centric is almost a snug fit to the wheel bore, not a gap around it.

I was hoping you might respond, I think I seen a post of yours a while back about you and your son in law having them. I think they would be fine but still looking for other’s opinions that actually have them.

As for the wheel centric part I think this helps take some pressure off of the outer spacer lugs. It would be awesome if the hubs had it it also., that would really help lock it in.
Since he’s got them on a 23s, that makes me feel even better about them! Thanks Henro!

To date neither the son in law or I have had any issues with the cheap (but well made) spacers from eBay and Walmart.

Since you cannot check the lug nut tightness on the spacers without removing the wheels, we used blue loctite to ensure the lug nuts would not come loose, but would still be easily removable if needed.

We would not hesitate to use these spacers again...Great value.

Edit: As far as the thread title question, I would think the spacers would last forever in human terms, as long as they are installed properly. They are basically a solid piece of metal, with no practical opportunity for anything to bend or flex, and they will certainly not compress or stretch in this application. Install properly, and keep your lug nuts tight, and you should be good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The solid spacers should last forever. Watch out for the hollow "welded" spacers.