Newbie's New Cab.

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Please, Don't laugh on my cab~!!!

I never welding ever before, never worked with metal... I bought small Mig welder from auction ($70) but didn't work. so I had to fix it myself... and it works okay for now.;)
I'm going to finish a little more on this cab. and I'm going to take the snow
blade to welding guy to modify very soon~~~!
It is very cold here today. It might snow soon~:eek:

I know it is a bit strange looking cab but Please~ Don't laugh though~!

Do you think I need wiper too? Where could I get those?

Thank you.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Joe your cab looks great, if mine turns out anywhere near as nice as yours I will be more than proud. Now I am the one who is jealous. No one should laugh at that cab. You did an amazing job.:cool::cool: Verrry cool.

Doug

Equipment
L175, L2350
Aug 24, 2009
Oregon/California
Not laughing at you at all.. Looks great IMO! Wish I had one for my tractor.. Looks like you may be smiling while others get snow in there face... Lucky you, Nice Job!!! :)

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
Do you think I need wiper too? Where could I get those?

Thank you.
A wiper is a useful addition and I would go to the automotive junkyard and find a old cars wiper motor and adapt it to fit the tractor, one hint is a old 1970's GM vehicle with the separate switch and grab the switch with the motor and then simply wire it in.

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Welcome aboard, Joe!

Very nice cab! You did an excellent job of fabbing that! Looks great!

For a wiper assembly, you can probably find a complete compact unit for little money at www.speedwaymotors.com. It's a common application for streetrodders.

Ed Hill

Equipment
B3000 with Meteor drag snowblower and mid-mount mower; M7040 with accessories
Jun 22, 2009
Wheelock, VT
Try Sims in Rutland, Mass. They make cabs and have accessories such as wipers and heaters. They have a web site as I recall.
My sister has a guard dog like yours!

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
I had a heck of time to building this cab...
All I have was wood working tools... not even enough... but I try to doing metal work was a big mistake.:cool:

Set the Mig welder weakest setting but still melting through the metal pipe and found square metal pipe was bent and bending more after welding.:eek:
try to welding on pipe with Plexi-glass on wasn't fun at all. I had to spray water to cool down to protecting Plexi-glass... and welding goes more harder... cause of the WATER~:mad:

I thank you all for kind reply~! I though everyone would laugh at me. 'cause I made too many mistakes on this cabin.:(

and to "OB1"...! I can't believe that my daughter is answering your question. She doesn't know this site at all but I send pictures last night as well as my son. and she reply me and saying...

"hey dad!! ha ha ha oh my gosh that picture of daisy...i know what she is thinking....she is thinking "what the heck did you leave me all alone up here for!!" ha ha she is wanting to be put up on a princess bed! that made me
laugh so hard!! :)"

Well~ she is in Australia for Law school. I miss her lot~:eek:
She answers OB1's question... what a co-incident~?!

And one of picture shows left front tire, have a good look at there.
There is a pipe for the muffler extention...:p I found my air filter is so black. and I couldn't figure out in first place but now I know it was muffler problem.
'cause, very short muffler shoots out black smoke sometimes and radiator fan sucks in and air filter too. so I put a little extention and it solved problem for me.;)

I thank you all again for good words instead of laughing~;)

And very soon, I'm going to take my 6' snow blade to welding shop and modify that to put it on the loader bucket on and off easily. and I'll post it here. It might be nothing but for me it is a huge challenge and I need snow blade and bucket and snow blower all times...
So check it out later. Who knows it might inspire you even better things...:p

Joe.

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
nice job .... Keep the measurements and sell a few...

Just an idea for you.

next time maybe use plywood instead of plexiglass when welding it up...?

You can then maybe add tabs so you good change a window if you need too.

Its cool .....

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
You May want to Put a Fan in There Blowing on the Front Window, or In stall a Heater.

The Windows May Fog Up Really Bad in Winter without them.

Bubba

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
That was brilliant idea for plywood and tab and so on~~~!
Dang~! Why didn't I think of that~~?!
Right now, it is almost impossible to change the glass and had a heck of time to install them......:cool:
This was my first time welding and so on in my life time (51 years young).

I have made cabin a few years ago on my old tractor. but it was 70 Hp tractor so I used 2x4 and 2x2 woods and Plexi-glass which was pretty easy job. but welding~?! OMG, I don't know how you guys do but it wasn't easy job at all. As you could see I've made so many mistakes...

and my old tractor that I build cab, never needed wiper and never fogging up on the windshield. Well~ I never had heater or fan though.

and I've drove 13 Kms yesterday for 1 hour and a half and raining hard.
but still didn't needed wiper yet. It runs down all by itself...:D
and didn't have any trouble for fogging up~:p

So new cabin I built... I'm going to wait and see.

and I don't know if I ever build cabin again or not, but I will keep in mind for your precious advice... Thank you.

Joe.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Joe people who don't make mistakes don't do much and don't try new things. I think for your first welding job you did great. The first thing I ever welded was on a corn harvester when I was working on a farm when I was about 18 yrs old. It broke and nobody else on the farm could weld but they did have a welder. So I welded it myself. I didn't even make one round in the field and it broke. So I went back and welded it again and it didn't break this time. But I have had lots of my welds break since then. But not so much now. Every time you make a mistake you learn some thing new. I should be a freekin genius by now.:eek:

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Thank you for the comfort~~!:)
As man of the house, you have to show your family... who is the BOSS... ha ha ha.:p
I was Electrical engineer in Korea. I got 4 different engineer license in Korea but in Canada?! NOTHING, Notta~~~! :cool:
At least I do everything what I need to do...:p
Just like you said, Anythng you could make you are not buying...
That is good phrase. I will remember that phrase for good~!!!
As I teach martial arts... I tell my students "Couch potatoes become rotten potatoes~!" Probably same meaning as you said above post...:rolleyes:
Thank you again.

Joe.