Newbie with 05 BX 23 Issues

nordic95

New member

Equipment
Kubota BX 23
Jan 3, 2014
1
0
0
West Milford NJ
Hello all, newbie to the site here.

I have a 04 BX23 with 538 hours on it and had it since new. I always do all my own service work and keep this tractor in tip top shape. But over the last year the HST has been making noise while under a load. It started in just high gear going up a hill etc. Then to the point I cant even use high gear cause it just wont move. Last few weeks its been doing it in low gear really bad also. Today I couldnt even push 6" snow 3 feet and it would just stop moving in low. The engine runs fine with no smoke and never sees a load on it. So im thinking its an HST pressure release valve or something like that. The tractor chatters and vibrates while trying to move and then sometime it grabs and goes fine. Some times it just stops and wont move at all like its in neutral. So I changed hydro oil and filter and cleaned screen. Found nothing and made no difference. Oil was light brown to clear and looked great. I then changed fuel filters and blew line back into tank, again no change. Is there a release valve and how do I check it? Where is it located? Please help I cant afford a dealership visit right now.

Thanks Anthony