New tractor financing offer questions

KubotaWannabe

Jul 25, 2020
Minnesota
hello all, new to tractors and home buying. Trying to close on both at last moment is challenging. Anyways I was looking at a BX 2680 even though the property I want is only 9 acres but I want max power to throw snow and also just not need to worry about wanting more power. I was wondering if the deals offered from Kubota expiring July 31 are decent? Was lured in by 0% for 60 months but my dad who owns a BX said with insurance it's probably better to pay cash and that 0% is the norm for Kubota. Anyone have luck with getting one covered under homeowners insurance. If so, who do you have? So 600 for cash + 700 for the implements. $1300 roughly - is this something that's around periodically? Also, while casually looking at inventory a guy at the dealer said "15500" for a BX2680 with a loader. Is that a reasonable price? Not sure but think he was pre-emptively knocking it down by the 1k with those rebates as I had originally asked about financing. Thank you

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
hello all, new to tractors and home buying. Trying to close on both at last moment is challenging. Anyways I was looking at a BX 2680 even though the property I want is only 9 acres but I want max power to throw snow and also just not need to worry about wanting more power. I was wondering if the deals offered from Kubota expiring July 31 are decent? Was lured in by 0% for 60 months but my dad who owns a BX said with insurance it's probably better to pay cash and that 0% is the norm for Kubota. Anyone have luck with getting one covered under homeowners insurance. If so, who do you have? So 600 for cash + 700 for the implements. $1300 roughly - is this something that's around periodically? Also, while casually looking at inventory a guy at the dealer said "15500" for a BX2680 with a loader. Is that a reasonable price? Not sure but think he was pre-emptively knocking it down by the 1k with those rebates as I had originally asked about financing. Thank you
I was told it's hard to get the same kind of blanket insurance coverage that Kubota offers with its financing, and after a little research, I went with the Kubota financing and insurance plan. My B2650 tractor and 4 Kubota implements are all covered for any kind of damage or loss on or off my property, for the 7 year term of my 0% financing. About $389 CAD/year.

Reactions: 1 user

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Yes, the insurance difference between what Kubota offers and your homeowners add-on are significant. If you finance through Kubota and decline the insurance you need an inland marine type policy approved by Kubota (or so I was told).

I accepted Kubota’s insurance as it covers significantly more than my homeowners add on plus deductible is a lot less. My homeowners add on covers me if I’m helping a neighbor on their property - it excludes coverage while on a public road. Notice I said helping. If accepting money and therefore acting as a contractor you will need commercial policies (liability & damage).

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Forgot to say my homeowners add on cost me $166 annually. Citizens Insurance.

Toc

Equipment
BX23S
Jun 30, 2020
Pennsylvania
I had Kubota added to my homeowners (Erie Insurance) as a "Loss Payee". I needed to provide basic information to the insurance company such as Kubota Credit Corporate address and tractor model. Kubota was satisfied with this since it met their requirements to insure the tractor. My homeowners premium increased by ZERO (yes $0.00) dollars. Adding Kubota as a Loss Payee covers the tractor only, as does the Kubota insurance. All insurance policies are different. The best thing you can do is call your homeowners and discuss with them, they will advise you on the best option.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
9 acres is enough for a B2601 in my opinion. A BX2680 would drive a snowblower very well though.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I had Kubota added to my homeowners (Erie Insurance) as a "Loss Payee". I needed to provide basic information to the insurance company such as Kubota Credit Corporate address and tractor model. Kubota was satisfied with this since it met their requirements to insure the tractor. My homeowners premium increased by ZERO (yes $0.00) dollars. Adding Kubota as a Loss Payee covers the tractor only, as does the Kubota insurance. All insurance policies are different. The best thing you can do is call your homeowners and discuss with them, they will advise you on the best option.
Kubota will cover a blown engine/transmission as well.

Reactions: 1 users

KubotaWannabe

Jul 25, 2020
Minnesota
Thanks for the advice here guys. Seems like for my situation, financing is out of the question. Is $15,500 for a BX2680 with a loader a good deal? Also if you could take a look at this snowblower. They are asking $3500 but say it has hydraulic chute rotation. I thought that was an extra $800 add on? Maybe the ad is wrong, or I am looking at it wrong. Not too familiar but will need to buy a BX2822A with HCR as well maybe I could get this as a good deal

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Go to the Kubota website, and "build" your BX2680. See what you get for MSRP. Many say you can get 10% off MSRP, but it seems to vary greatly by region.

Don't hold me to it, but I think some (commercial?) of the blowers come with factory hydraulic rotation. It is a $8-900 adder if not.

As you say, guessing you will need the Front/Quick Hitch (QH), PLUS the mid-PTO to hook it to the tractor. You may be looking at another $1,500 +/- for those items.

While "building" your tractor, add that model blower to it, and you'll see the required appurtenances (with model #'s) to make it go.

KubotaWannabe

Jul 25, 2020
Minnesota
Build your own 2680 w/ loader and indus. tire is $16,948, so $15,500 would be in line w/ some people getting 10% off. You're likely correct on the commercial blowers having stock hydraulic rotation. I didn't realize it initially, but the extra cost is the $1,500 for the hitch and PTO. Soo... $20,500 for the tractor plus a loader and that 2822A blower. Good deal? Who knows. Price point is certainly a far cry from the used 1850-80 and 2380 units I started looking at haha. I like to think of the rebates as just there cancelling or minimizing tax and then compare it to used prices. But I can't really find a bx 2680 available used with the aforementioned set up.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Soo... $20,500 for the tractor plus a loader and that 2822A blower. Good deal?

But I can't really find a bx 2680 available used with the aforementioned set up.
I was about $15k+ all-in w/taxes for a BX2360, FEL, MMM, and BX2750D blower with QH in early 2013.

Yours is similar, but a BX26xx, so a couple more ponies.

BX2360 was a "leftover" model, as the the 2370's had come out. I also assembled the blower and QH, which saved me a few bucks.

The blower is the non-commercial blower than the one you spec'd earlier, plus the QH? Mine isn't either.

Over 7+ years, not sure it's a bad deal at all.....plus, as I highlighted in red...where are you gonna get one?!?!

Make sure the loader is SSQA - not a pin-on bucket!! That VERY important!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I don’t know about the dealers in your location, but if they have the tractor you want, with a decent deal, you may not want to linger on buying it. The ones around here have very little inventory of new tractors.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
My 2017 B2650 purchase included 6 year power train warranty, too, so either way, pretty well covered if something goes bad.
My point was the Kubota insurance covers more than a homeowners policy and they really are two DIFFERENT things.

Insurance is just pushing the liability to someone else. In some cases that is worth it to me, in some cases it isn't.

YMWV

idahoakl

Equipment
B2601
Jul 1, 2020
Western Washington
I talked with my insurance agent before getting a tractor to answer the same question. The result of that conversation was that the ktac insurance covers a lot more than a home owners policy. Depending on your risk tolerance and financial situation that may or may not be a deciding factor. The biggest reason that I went with ktac instead of my home owners is that I didn't want a claim on a 25k tractor driving up the rates on a property worth many times that.

From what I've been told homeowners insurance is moving towards a rating model more closely related to auto insurance where the number of claims is a bigger factor in your premium than the value of the claims. Two claims for 10k each will increase your premium more than 1 claim for 50k. The other concern is an insurance company dropping you after to make claims.

Regarding financing vs cash, there are several calculators that will help to show the overall difference paying cash vs financing. 0% financing makes a pretty good argument over cash even at a very low savings rate. https://www.statefarm.com/simple-in...ages-of-paying-for-a-car-in-cash-vs-financing

Last edited: