New Tractor Daily Check before use each dsy

Clt1bkc

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 Rops
Jun 27, 2020
Tigerville, SC
I want to get in a good habit of having a daily check before starting up my new Kubota MX5400. Can someone point me to a list that is possibly already put together? This is just a list I would go thru before using my tractor each day not the planned maintenance in the manual.
Thanks

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I believe you'll find such a list in your owner's manual. At the very least check the oil, coolant, and hydraulic fluid levels.

Reactions: 1 user

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Get a white board immediately! Take a permanent marker and make boxes for "Oil--Every 100 hours" "Grease--Bucket 10 Hours" and so on (I also keep my vehicle records on the same).

I keep all of my servicing dates and hours on this board. I never have to guess when 10 hours have passed to make sure and grease all bucket parts, or when I last changed the oil or 4WD gear oil. on and on.

If you have a fridge or freezer in your garage (where it looks like you park it) Amazon sells a peel off white board that will stick to either of those. Mine is on my fridge in the garage.

Reactions: 1 user

Clt1bkc

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 Rops
Jun 27, 2020
Tigerville, SC
Get a white board immediately! Take a permanent marker and make boxes for "Oil--Every 100 hours" "Grease--Bucket 10 Hours" and so on (I also keep my vehicle records on the same).

I keep all of my servicing dates and hours on this board. I never have to guess when 10 hours have passed to make sure and grease all bucket parts, or when I last changed the oil or 4WD gear oil. on and on.

If you have a fridge or freezer in your garage (where it looks like you park it) Amazon sells a peel off white board that will stick to either of those. Mine is on my fridge in the garage.
I love that idea

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The white board is in your owners manual under periodic maintenance.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
When I use my tractor.... I use if primarily for things other than FEL useage. For that reason, I don‘t lubricate my FEL every ten-tachometer-hours. If I used my FEL heavily each tractor-operating-hour... then yes, I’d grease it every ten hours.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
The white board is in your owners manual
No. My white board is on the fridge in the garage. You are free to do it however you choose, as am I. I prefer to have it staring me in the face on the whiteboard, you may not.

He is asking for suggestions, of which you have given none, as everyone knows about the manual--yet another useless post. So as per usual you have added nothing of value to the conversation.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I want to get in a good habit of having a daily check before starting up my new Kubota MX5400. Can someone point me to a list that is possibly already put together? This is just a list I would go thru before using my tractor each day not the planned maintenance in the manual.
Thanks
Well now isn't this interesting. The OP asks a question of what to look for when doing a "daily inspection". Which Flip answered with it is in the owner's manual which does have a section for "Daily Inspections". This answer is what the OP ask for.

However we read a response from aaluck about a white board he uses which has no bearing to the question asked by the OP but it is a good idea that may be useful for many people on the forum.

And I will be the first to come unnerved by Flip and some of his answers. I will also defend him as to some of his answers are outstanding in the depth of knowledge that he has and is able to share with us.

So if you are put off by Flip's answers you can go into your settings and block him so that you do not have to see his responses. I have learned to read his answers and with the good advice I learn some things from him and when he is blowing smoke I wave it away. The forum is better off with him then without him.

Last edited:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Check your fluids. Make sure the tires are not flat. Work - That is 99.9% of the daily check you need to do.

Tractors are pretty well made these days. You do not have to worry a whole lot. Be observant.
I added trans fluid once and that was when new after the first hour. I imagine there was some air in some nooks and crannies that finally got urged out. Never had to add oil. I did have to add about 8 ounces of coolant, again, after the first hour or so of a new machine, normal for it to 'burp out' air when new and consume what is in the recovery tank.

I did make a photo copy of the grease points when I got my tractor to ensure none were missed. I made a copy so my greasy hands would not mess up the owners manual So I suggest copying any page that is something you'll want out with your machine. My BX has a storage spot on the back of the seat. Papers I want are kept in a ZipLock there.