New to tactor repair B7200

Kellysw

Equipment
B7200 HST Snow blade auger lawn mowing
May 1, 2010
Van Meter Iowa
Well hi to every body. I am a Orange tractor owner. Yes it has a wopping
17 hp 3 cyl and its a vintage 1986 Kubota B7200.

Up until now I have been able to repair all of its little needs. I figured out the
dreaded loose cable wire in the batery cable. Should have picked up on it sooner. I learned the fine art of bleeding the fuel line, along with the fulel
filter change out. Oil change was a snap. Learned how to remove the starter.
New battery. Oh and a new ignition switch.

When purchased the PO had made a snow blade using a 2 inch hyraulic cylinder to lift the blade. I changed some of his mounting hard ware and welded the needed supports and installed a new 3 inch 2 way cylinder. It would even lift the tractors front end off the ground. I say would because the last snow
was its final working day. The PO had used a chunk of galvenized pipe
for a support and it broke. I was able to limp it backing the 100 yds to the barn. I removed the blade and disconected the hoses from the quick disconect manifold and pulled the tractor around to the other side of the barn. Well in my haste I switched the wrong lever and and manage to
shut the fuel off. I had a memory relapse and couldnt quite get the sequence
of bleeding the lines down. Silly but any way the tractor sat for a couple days
and then I had time and no rain to work on it. Once it was running again.
I realized the 3 point wasn't working.

I changed the fuel filter at this time as well. Now this tractor uses the same
hydraulic fluid in the trans as the hydraulic pump. I have tried to check
the hyd fluid level. To me it seems like the dip stick is reading true. How ever
the fluid is so clean it makes it hard to read. I originally was filling the hyd
fluid through the line cap next to the filter. I have recently found the simple
little black resivoir bake lite screw cap just under the seat and directly over the trany/resivoir. Visually the resivoir looks low. Once again the dip stick
says full or over.

Is is possible that I dont have enough hyd fluid? or do you think I may have
burnt up the hyd pump? I am at a loss on this one. Oh I did take the front
cover off the hyd pump and the seals seam fine and nothig smelled burnt.
I have loosened a couple lines durring motor running and no spraying of fluid was detected.

Well like I say I am new here so any info will be apreciated.

Thanks again.

Kelly in Van Meter Iowa...

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Hi Kelly,

When you say the 3pt doesn't work do you mean it won't lower down from the fully raised position or it doesn't lift?

Does the 3pt control lever move at all or does it seem to be stuck? My old B 7100 had a backhoe on it and the 3pt had never been used. When I removed the BH I found that the control lever seemed to be stuck. After looking around I found little adjusters attacked to the guide rod (for lack of better words) the control worked on . With them slid together and then tightened down it would lock the 3pt control in place. I'm not sure if your model has them but I'm sure some of the others will have more advise to help you get it going.

Kellysw

Equipment
May 1, 2010
Van Meter Iowa
The leaver moves just fine. I checked the locking nut and the shaft is moving with the arm. It was loose when I purchased it. The 3 poi8nt just wont
do any thing. Its not stuck as I can lift it by hand.

Kelly....

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I am still assuming your 7200 has the same type setup my 7100 had. When I pulled the 3pt lever toward the rear of the tractor it would make noise. Best way I no how to explain it is that it sounded like it was dead heading.

Does yours do anything like this?

Kellysw

Equipment
May 1, 2010
Van Meter Iowa
OK the blade is removed. It is run through hyd lines on factory quick
disconects. The lever that raises the 3 point moves fine. Just no action on the 3 point. I tried to hook up the hyd blade lines and it still will do nothing.

Nothing is froze up I can move the 3 point by hand up or down. Gravity is keeping it in the fulley depressed position.

I was just reading and I am wonering if the hyd filter is clogged. I am concidering getting 4 gallons of hyd fluid and a filter and see if that will fix it.
any thoughts apreciated.

Kelly...

Kellysw

Equipment
May 1, 2010
Van Meter Iowa
Buldog, there is no noise when the lever to raise the 3 point is moved
either up or down.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Kelly. The reason I asked if the front blade hydraulics still worked is that if they are then there is nothing wrong with your hydraulic pump. There may be a valve to switch between front and rear hydraulics.:D Dusty

Kellysw

Equipment
May 1, 2010
Van Meter Iowa
Dusty. you are right there is a valve. I have moved it so many times I am not sure which way is right any more. Its a litle valve just below the pump and metal side panel. I have tried all of its 2 positions.

any thoughts...

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Kelly, I don't know.The fact that you cracked some lines and got nothing does not bode well. I had a b7200 for about 4yrs but I certainly did not know everything about it. It IS real hard to tell the level on the dip stick. If you dry it right off and then dip the stick, and then hold it at just the right angle in just the right light you can see where it is wet and where it is not. Do not over fill it. You said you removed the front cover from the hydraulic pump. Air in the system? I am going to try and find some pics of my B7200 to make sure we are talking about the same things in the same place on the tractor. The little valve is aimed straight back when there is nothing else attached to the tractor. I am afraid I am not much help. But I will keep digging. In the mean time there are some guys on here that are hydraulic experts maybe some one will kick in here.:confused: Dusty

SockPuppet

Equipment
B8200
Nov 23, 2009
Washington State
If you disconnected the front hydraulic cylinder, try reconnecting it and see of the 3PH works. If it does, you can run a small hose in a loop from the output to the input on the distribution block until you get the valve figured out. Basically a bypass setup to let the hydraulic fluid flow to the back of the distribution block.

Don't ask me how I know this...

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
The fluid level is checked with a plug in the trans side. That is something that should not be a guess :confused: , rather it should be checked and make sure it is full. With all the hyd work and accesories that you mentioned I would think it is very low.

Deffinately check the hyd filter too. Mine would not raise last winter at one point and it came out to be my filter was clogged with a very fine material. It was finer than human hair but had the apperance of hair :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh well it is gone and my 3pt works fine.

Kellysw

Equipment
May 1, 2010
Van Meter Iowa
Well thanks guys I will pic up a new filter and hyd fluid tomorro and see
where it goes.

I tried the blade lines in the quick disconect and it made no difference.

Thanks again....

Kelly in Van Meter Iowa....

Kellysw

Equipment
May 1, 2010
Van Meter Iowa
Well I changed the fluid and filter.... Not fixed.. The bad news I now know why the 3 point isn't working. I spoke with the local Kubota dealer today.
He gave me some points to check and after I checked all those.
I removed the hyd pump. No rocket science... The end of the shaft is
busted and the walls are scored in the pump housing. I cleaned all of the
broken metal pieces out of the area the pump attatches too on the block.
I checked with a magnet and the pieces all stayed on the out side of the caged bearing...I hope... Any way the dealer wants 430.00 US for a new
pump. Not really in the budget.

For now I took the pump apart and ground off
the end so it wont hit the shaft coming out of the engine block. I removed every thing that resembled metal pieces and the tractor runs just know 3 point/hyd.

I have some pics to post of some of it the thing that I learned is even with
a hyd filter there is still a suction screen to check and cleaan durring serviceing.

Thanks for all the help. I am learning a lot on this site and plan to stick
around and gain as well as part with some knowledge.

Kelly in Van Meter Iowa with 1/2 of a tractor........

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I know how you feel Kelly, I had to replace the pump on my B7200 too. The price was about the same , I may have paid a bit more. On the other hand it is a fairly easy swap. Sorry to hear the bad news. Hang in there.:( Dusty