New to me G1800 -

Smokin' and mowin'

Equipment
G1800
Feb 13, 2021
NE Indiana
Hi all!

I've been lurking for awhile and wanted to finally write up my first post. I've always liked the orange Kubota equipment growing up. When I was looking for a new mower, I wanted something older but reliable. I feel like they just dont make things like they used to. So I found a G1800 with 900 hours on it for around $1,000 and after read good things about it, jumped on the opportunity.

I don't know who likes it more, me or the kiddos! She isn't the prettiest but she seems to be holding up well where it counts. Handles my .75 acre lawn and wagon full of kids just fine. I picked up a snowblower attachment for it this year and will be adding those duties this year as well. I'll be doing more maintenance work on her this fall and hope to learn as much as I can about the small diesel engine (my first diesel), so I imagine you'll see a few more posts from me in the Maintenance & parts forums.

My kids and I love this old garden tractor and wanted to share with some others who could appreciate it as well. Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
J

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

Smokin' and mowin'

Equipment
G1800
Feb 13, 2021
NE Indiana
Thanks for the link, Dave. Those certainly help. I'm going to try and get my hands on a service manual as well. Hoping that will help this fall when its time to add the front pto extension and snowblower.