New to me BX24 projects

sarelwagner

Equipment
BX24 2008
Nov 24, 2020
Centurion, South Africa
Finally delivered today. Since I am not in North Americas, this may be a bit more challenging for me, but what the heck. You lot are a great inspiration.

The BX will be the project at first, then the garden. Planning on using geothermal heating/cooling to manage a few veggie tunnels, so some digging there. Also a garden to manage.

Planning on dropping 2 shipping containers and roof them in the near future, I need more storage. AB8B1347-54CD-4391-BCA9-58AC5F11FF69.jpeg DA66AA49-D3B0-4CEE-B806-15FD4A8C6CA3.jpeg It will also house the BX and implements.

The usual things to be done, install a golf cart canopy, Led lights and all that, try and find a mmm for it. More later

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
ANything wrong with the BX?

When you do your shipping containers ----- two about 10 feet between with roof covering all? or lean to type roof?

You will find that machine very capable - small bites at a time but it will bite!

sarelwagner

Equipment
BX24 2008
Nov 24, 2020
Centurion, South Africa
ANything wrong with the BX?

When you do your shipping containers ----- two about 10 feet between with roof covering all? or lean to type roof?

You will find that machine very capable - small bites at a time but it will bite!
Nothing wrong that I know of, but after a proper once over we may find things, who knows. It wasnt looked after well. Dirty as heck so first a wash, mostly enginebay and underneath. Then all the caked on grease and mud. At least most zerks seem to have been greased recently.

For the containers I planned about 23’ and 39’ overall apart with a roof spanning both. That leaves ample parking between for a number of project cars I am busy with. The BX will be stabled in one of them. The roof overhangs in front and back side by about 6 feet in total, mostly to the front.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Finally delivered today. Since I am not in North Americas, this may be a bit more challenging for me, but what the heck. You lot are a great inspiration.

The BX will be the project at first, then the garden. Planning on using geothermal heating/cooling to manage a few veggie tunnels, so some digging there. Also a garden to manage.

Planning on dropping 2 shipping containers and roof them in the near future, I need more storage. View attachment 51729 View attachment 51730 It will also house the BX and implements.

The usual things to be done, install a golf cart canopy, Led lights and all that, try and find a mmm for it. More later
Looks like a nice tractor and not too much of a project.

I spent a few days in Johannesburg a couple decades ago, and for some reason only remember tasty ice cream and Amstel beer. Go figure...:oops:

Reactions: 1 users

sarelwagner

Equipment
BX24 2008
Nov 24, 2020
Centurion, South Africa
And the roof to be mounted, first part to be done. Next will be electrical, a Blue Sea fusebox and Hella LEDs. Then Charging port, volt meter and some other goodies. golfroof.jpg

sarelwagner

Equipment
BX24 2008
Nov 24, 2020
Centurion, South Africa
Started doing some electrical, figured I will start mounting the charging port, usb charger and voltmeter first. Some video here: BX24 electrical mods, charge port, volt meter etc
Next will be the fuse box and supply side relay, so the accessories are only ever on with the ignition. Voltmeter will be switched seperately so I can monitor the maintenance charge without turning on the ignition. More to follow

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I’m actually pretty interested in the shipping containers.. and putting the roof on. I might wanna do something like this.. I’ve got a nice garage but you never have too much space!

I guess it depends on where you’re located., would this be something you would need a building permit for.. since technically it’s mobile?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Mobile or not, some place do not allow shipping containers. Rural areas sometimes do not care.
The area mine is in does require a permit to place a container, but it is just to check if you are following the zoning requirements- property line setbacks, painted earth tones or forest tones, not blocking drainage, & not an eyesore to the neighborhood.
Mine blends in & is so well hidden that two of my neighbors thought I had changed my mind about getting one.

Reactions: 1 user

sarelwagner

Equipment
BX24 2008
Nov 24, 2020
Centurion, South Africa
After having to wait for a month to get my flat bar stock and other mild steel delivered..... I could make up my bracket for the filter mount today. Filter mounted, only the guard to be made still. Glad this mod is done now. Also still waiting on the Kubota Orange and Grey paint since last year, no indicated delivery time yet.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I’m actually pretty interested in the shipping containers.. and putting the roof on. I might wanna do something like this.. I’ve got a nice garage but you never have too much space!

I guess it depends on where you’re located., would this be something you would need a building permit for.. since technically it’s mobile?
that’s my plan, I’m either going to get a single 40’ and build and overhang or get 2 20’ ones and do a peaked roof and put them apart and gravel between them. Where I’m at, if it’s not considered a permanent structure I don’t need a building permit. Talked to a contractor and he said we can built a roof that “pins” on. Would need a crane to remove it, but it will be moveable.

Reactions: 1 users

sarelwagner

Equipment
BX24 2008
Nov 24, 2020
Centurion, South Africa
Ordered a bucket edge but delivery is 10 weeks out, the joys of Africa. Could only source a single edge weld on type. Will have to cut and drill it, yes its hardened. Also ordered the bolts for it.

The service items order took more than 2 months to come in, and still its only a partial delivery. Some items have no delivery time yet 🤔

More delays befor I can start the prep work for the container gravel foundation work....

Lance-W

Equipment
BX23S
Feb 17, 2021
Idaho
Would it be possible to get a link to or some more info on the little digital voltmeter? It looks like the perfect solution to tracking the battery health.