new to forum + question's about my tractor

kbt

Equipment
b7100
Dec 23, 2009
canada
hi, as you can see im new to the forum. well ive herited a kubota b7100 from my grand father 5 years ago, i am only 16 so i still have alot to learn about my tractor and other things in general so this forum is a great place for me to learn and also ask question. so i was planing on investing a 3 point hitch blade to plow driveways and i was wondering what size would be good and what are the price ranges i was thinking a 5 foot blade would be good but im not shure. thx for your replies

-khalil

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I wouldent go over a 4ft blade. I have a B6100 with a 4ft blade and I was plowing snow just a few days ago with great results. I purchased mine from a place called Agri-Supply. I think I paid $150 for it. Also keep in mind if you angle the blade your tractor will walk sideways as you plow. Just something to consider so you dont freak out.

kbt

Equipment
b7100
Dec 23, 2009
canada
ty very much for your reply , could you tell me what brand and model you plow is. thx again

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
King Kutter. I have both a snow plow and grading box made by them. You can view them online at wwwkingkutter.com

kbt

Equipment
b7100
Dec 23, 2009
canada
i also do not have a top link anymore do you know the size and price ranges for emm ? thx for the link also

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:D Welcome KBT I also have a b7100 make sure you dont let antifreeze run low they leak because the do not have a recovery tank like a auto. Just check it every time before you run it also check oil and if auto transmission check it. I bought a top link at tractor supply 30 dollars. also I have a box blade instead of a grader blade the blades sometime bounce when grading in hard dirt ( red clay also) in tennessee or crush run gravel With box blade you can grade with rippers up or remove them completely. I put the rippers down to tear up dirt or do my driveway. I found the boxblade used 200 dollars store owner didnt even look at it before pricing it to me. Most used ones around here are 250 -425 according to brand. After I told them to load mine they laughed and said he would look at the next one.Still original paint and names really worth 350 at least very heavy duty.Again welcome to forum also if it is hydrostat I always use low speed instead of high speed for every thing plowing boxblade pond scoop etc.I use high speed for mowing or should say low range and high range:eek:

kbt

Equipment
b7100
Dec 23, 2009
canada
:D Welcome KBT I also have a b7100 make sure you dont let antifreeze run low they leak because the do not have a recovery tank like a auto. Just check it every time before you run it also check oil and if auto transmission check it. I bought a top link at tractor supply 30 dollars. also I have a box blade instead of a grader blade the blades sometime bounce when grading in hard dirt ( red clay also) in tennessee or crush run gravel With box blade you can grade with rippers up or remove them completely. I put the rippers down to tear up dirt or do my driveway. I found the boxblade used 200 dollars store owner didnt even look at it before pricing it to me. Most used ones around here are 250 -425 according to brand. After I told them to load mine they laughed and said he would look at the next one.Still original paint and names really worth 350 at least very heavy duty.Again welcome to forum also if it is hydrostat I always use low speed instead of high speed for every thing plowing boxblade pond scoop etc.I use high speed for mowing or should say low range and high range:eek:
thx for the tip :D and i have a gear tranny 4x4 not shure witch year il go check the serial number tmr and match it up online

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
I picked up a 4' blade this September, pics in my gallery. It is made in China, imported by a local company - happens to be across the street from the Kubota dealer. I think the list price was $300 Cdn

The blade I chose has 5 position tilt, which I don't use as much as I thought because the angle is too great. It has 3 position angle, then can be turned backwards for pushing, with another 3 positions. (left, right, centre)

We have only had one minor snowfall so far this year, so I have not given it a good workout. Pushing, (with the blade reversed) does not work as efficiently as I expected. There is a lot of free play in the 3 point mechanism, particularly with the tilt & angle adjustment, so the blade does not stay where you expect. As mentioned, it does tend to steer the tractor, and controlling the turns when you want does take some practice. I was running out of daylight, so I switched to 'forward' and put up with driving over the snow and pulling it out of the way, then cleaning up with the loader. Forward or reverse, the angle of the blade was about right, and the path is still wider than the B7001. As I recall, the grey marker 7001 is almost the same as the 7100. I also have the manual transmission on mine.

Now that I have bought the blade and paved the driveway, I am ready for a record snowfall like last year. This means we won't get any more snow this year. Joys of living on the 'wet coast'.

kbt

Equipment
b7100
Dec 23, 2009
canada
how come plowin affect the steering so much i mean the tractor is still half a ton

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
When you turn the blade on either a right or left angle and have it faceing forward and travel in a forward motion the tractor will walk sideways in which ever direction you have the blade turned. For example if you stand at the back of the tractor with the blade angled to the the right meaning the right side is up high and the left side down low all of your drag and resistance is up high on the starting right side. Basicaly your trying to take a large heave object twisted on an angle and pull it in a straight line. Tractor size does not matter. My dad has a L275 with a loader and ballast in the tires and his walked sideways as well. It does it more so on ice and slush then anything else. If you can get a little trail enough for a tire to ride on a hard surface it will not do it. OH and one little piece of advise I learned the hard way. DO NOT clear city or town streets with the plow. I did this in my neighborhood being nice and I nailed a manhole cover and just about fell off the tractor. I still hurt bad today and this was saturday I did it. My dad managed to flip the cover over and had to put it back on.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sutart it must be because your blade tilts. I have an identical blad eand mine just turns side to side or all the way around and I get the best results haveing the blade turned backwards and pushing backwards. I was out on saturday back pushing up large amouts of snow. We had like 15 inches fall here

kbt

Equipment
b7100
Dec 23, 2009
canada
When you turn the blade on either a right or left angle and have it faceing forward and travel in a forward motion the tractor will walk sideways in which ever direction you have the blade turned. For example if you stand at the back of the tractor with the blade angled to the the right meaning the right side is up high and the left side down low all of your drag and resistance is up high on the starting right side. Basicaly your trying to take a large heave object twisted on an angle and pull it in a straight line. Tractor size does not matter. My dad has a L275 with a loader and ballast in the tires and his walked sideways as well. It does it more so on ice and slush then anything else. If you can get a little trail enough for a tire to ride on a hard surface it will not do it. OH and one little piece of advise I learned the hard way. DO NOT clear city or town streets with the plow. I did this in my neighborhood being nice and I nailed a manhole cover and just about fell off the tractor. I still hurt bad today and this was saturday I did it. My dad managed to flip the cover over and had to put it back on.
haha the manhole lol