New Quick Hitch Needed

Adam G

Equipment
BX22 (Sold) B2920, LA364, BH65 w/Thumb, RCK60, Woods 5000 chipper, Bush Hog rear
Apr 1, 2018
Upstate NY
Just acquired a new to me, B2920, My old HF quick hitch went with my BX22. Are all quick hitches created equal ?
Give me your thoughts please.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
All quick hitches that are labeled a Cat 1 should be inter-changeable in theory. Since you know the HF one worked why not buy another? It is hard to beat their price.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Just make sure you buy one that has the top hook bolted on with several holes so you can adjust it to fit your implements. If all your implements were quick hitch designed it isn’t a problem but if you have to modify them then it can be if the top hook isn’t adjustable

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Or you could forego the Quick Hitch and consider the PAT's, although it does require the top link. In some instances not quite as quick, but in others, more user friendly. Both have their advantages.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL

If an implement isn't quite QH compatible, sometimes a simple fix will cure it.

Reactions: 1 user

Adam G

Equipment
BX22 (Sold) B2920, LA364, BH65 w/Thumb, RCK60, Woods 5000 chipper, Bush Hog rear
Apr 1, 2018
Upstate NY
Thank you all for your input.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I bought a SPEECO QH and discovered that
1. It doesn’t fit all 3PH implements, about 1/2” too narrow
2. On my 3PH mower the top of the QH square tube interferes with the PTO shaft when the implement is lowered
3. Its like wrestling a bear to put on with only 2 hands
The price was right on the QH so I modified it by making it wider and cut and fit a piece of pipe to clear the PTO shaft.
If I were to buy a QH again I’d look into one of the trapezoidal ones

Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I had the HF QH on my B3200 and ended up replacing it with Pat's. Much happier even though I have to get off and hook up the top link. The HF unit did not fit my box blade and I had to adjust the top hook between the box blade and the brush hog. Nothing quick about it. Lots of extra noise off that QH unit as well. The HF QH now sits on my B1700 basically to keep my top link from flopping around. I may see if it works with the adjustable blade I got with the B1700 or just use it to skid logs out of the brush. At least I'm not bumping in to it sitting on the garage floor anymore.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I had the HF QH on my B3200 and ended up replacing it with Pat's. Much happier even though I have to get off and hook up the top link. The HF unit did not fit my box blade and I had to adjust the top hook between the box blade and the brush hog. Nothing quick about it. Lots of extra noise off that QH unit as well. The HF QH now sits on my B1700 basically to keep my top link from flopping around. I may see if it works with the adjustable blade I got with the B1700 or just use it to skid logs out of the brush. At least I'm not bumping in to it sitting on the garage floor anymore.
I can’t use the QH top link hook on any implements because each is in a different location. I use the pin on top link which means I have to get off the tractor every time when connecting and dis-connecting.

The QH does make lining up and connecting attachments faster because I don’t have to fiddle with the lower links swinging around. That’s less of a problem if you have telescopic lower links...which I don’t have on the M59.

I like the looks of Pat‘s QH system but does it include something to keep the lower links in position?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
With my QH and (implements that fit or were made to fit) I never leave the seat. With the Top/Tilt I can set the attachment down on a crooked slope, it doesn't matter, you can always pick/go, drop/go WITHOUT LEAVING THE SEAT.

I don't see how any current other method could be faster than that. And with QH's starting at 100.00 it is cheaper than Pats as well. Faster and cheaper, what's not to like?

I think there is a world of difference between a CUT and a full blown agri tractor when it comes implements. .

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I can’t use the QH top link hook on any implements because each is in a different location. I use the pin on top link which means I have to get off the tractor every time when connecting and dis-connecting.

The QH does make lining up and connecting attachments faster because I don’t have to fiddle with the lower links swinging around. That’s less of a problem if you have telescopic lower links...which I don’t have on the M59.

I like the looks of Pat‘s QH system but does it include something to keep the lower links in position?
Pat's does include a bar that spreads the lower links apart for easy hook up. I've marked the bar in a couple places so I know where I need to be for my box blade and for my brush hog.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
The PAT's has become my favorite even though I do have to attach the top link. Actually the PAT's is probably faster because with the Speeco, all three attachment points have to be aligned before before you can raise the lift arms. That often was a pain in the rear. The Speeco may become a very expensive (and heavy) boat anchor. :rolleyes:

I am VERY pleased with the PAT's.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I use PAT's and found I needed a longer tube top link as PAT's moves your hook up point a bit further out. I had Mark Hodge fabricate a set of telescoping stabilizers. Hookups are a breeze as no two attachments/implements seem to be the same.