new motor b7100

cableguy8543

Equipment
b7100
Nov 5, 2009
lynnville, indiana
i am in need of a rebuild kit or new motor for a b7100hst It has pretty much lost all compression proubly rebuildable if i could find parts cheap enough any suggestions?

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Well, it's hard to tell what you need from the problem statement so far. Is lack of compression your only problem? What is your compression cylinder to cylinder?? Is your oil pressure OK? Does it run hot?

Parts are readily available somewhere in the U.S. You need a good relationship with a dealer who can search parts for you and you probably need to start developing a contact here: http://www.kubotaengine.com/index.html

I'm just finishing up what I call an "in frame" rebuild to resolve the same lack of compression problem. In my case, I was able to get by with rod bearings, rings, a head rebuild and a few gaskets. I'm all in at about $550 including the cost of the machine work ---

So, you can do it. First, you need to figure out "how bad is bad".

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Kubota show a remanufactured engine in their price book for 1085 dollars Canadian but they don't have any stock! I don't know what would happen if you ordered one, seems like a pretty good deal to me!
Ed

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi Vic
I have dealerlink, which has a listing of publications and various other things under Service, Publications.
I phoned Kubota and the engine is not available. It used to be supplied by Japan but they won't supply anymore because of emission laws.
Ed