ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
HI All,

Just wanted to write a short note, being new both to Kubota and here! Just got a new M6040 in June and have to say I'm absolutely impressed with it over all. So far it's bushhogged a couple areas my back tells me I can't do by hand anymore, about 10 hrs of dry clay loader work and a lot of just great "helper" work. Best fuel economy I've ever seen as well! I'm working on 21 hours and it's right at 1/4 tank on the gauge. Even if it was empty that would still be great.

Ron

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
Welcome to OTT - hope you have many more stories to tell and share working with your tractor !!!

blwn31

Equipment
B20
Jul 6, 2010
Placerville, CA
Welcome! I am also very impressed with the fuel economy as well. These tractors can do some serious work and just sip fuel. Enjoy your toy.

Keith

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
That fuel economy is something we tend to forget after a while because we get used to it, but you're right. Kubota tractors are fuel mizers, the engines are so well designed and tweaked, yet so simple. They truly are considered the gold standard of diesel engines in their class.

A guy at work has a Russian built tractor called a "Belarus". It is quite a fuel mizer too. He was shocked when he got it that he ran an entire day on 1 gallon of fuel and his previous tractor of similar build used 3 gallons for the same work.

Gotta love these efficiently built diesels. :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Wish I could find one of them motors big enough for my Silverado