New member introduction

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Hello everyone! Just signed up tonight and I'm looking forward to being a member here. I don't have a Kubota tractor yet but I have been drooling for one for many years and will soon be approaching the mid-life crisis years. I told my wife (joking of course) that I'm either getting a girlfriend or a Kubota tractor for my mid-life crisis. I don't want a Harley or a Mustang or a boat...just an MX5100HST with a few utilitarian goodies. As you can see by my username, I am primarily a Farmall/Case International man at heart but I have settled on the Kubota for the working tractor. I have a Farmall C that I currently use to maintain the original family farm and I'd like to usher it into retirement & restoration (tractor show/parade circuit) and go orange.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome,, and trust me the 5100 is a lot cheaper than a new girl friend,, And a lot more useful

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
Welcome. after you get your orange tractor, you will be given the secret Kubota handshake and then the secret password to whisper into the fuel tank and your life will be good.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Hello everyone! Just signed up tonight and I'm looking forward to being a member here. I don't have a Kubota tractor yet but I have been drooling for one for many years and will soon be approaching the mid-life crisis years. I told my wife (joking of course) that I'm either getting a girlfriend or a Kubota tractor for my mid-life crisis. I don't want a Harley or a Mustang or a boat...just an MX5100HST with a few utilitarian goodies. As you can see by my username, I am primarily a Farmall/Case International man at heart but I have settled on the Kubota for the working tractor. I have a Farmall C that I currently use to maintain the original family farm and I'd like to usher it into retirement & restoration (tractor show/parade circuit) and go orange.
McFarmall:

Welcome...
Some of the older farmers around here have done the same thing. Old stuff goes into parades and Orange stuff does the work.

You can also just put her in a shed or a barn and shut the door until you need her again.

Have fun pickin her out.

Burt

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Some comments are really funny here. :p I miss the "Like it" Button.

Welcome to our orange family, McFarmall.

After you got your new family member please post some pics. I hope your new girlfriend is orange...

carl

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Welcome to OTT. I too, retired my antique tractors to show use, and bought myself a new work tractor. My 2012 B2920 with 60"MM, FEL, Bush Hog, PHD, and rear blade have been the best investment I have made for a long time. My wife even encouraged me to do it when she was sick of helping shovel snow last winter when my old Simplicity garden tractor with snow blower broke down. I had been looking for some time and felt I should make do and get by with my old tractor. She told me it was time to go down to our local dealer, 4 miles down the road, and get it bought. I got what I wanted and needed. It has worked out great. I love it. So have fun picking out your new toy, I mean tractor.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Hi: Welcome. I have a newer BX and that may be too small for you. If not, check the "buying" section here and the "Operating" for the thread "Jerky 3-point". . I'm not very happy with the BX due to cheap 3-point. Some other models also may have the problem..
However, as to going Green, a friend of a friend is a dealer for both green and orange. The greens come in twice as often for repairs as the orange.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have read some posts about 3 point hitches being jerky or erratic. When I'm close to pulling the trigger I will certainly hook up a heavy implement and test it out at the dealer. I'm fortunate to have a Kubota dealer only 3 miles from home.

Drew584

Equipment
Kubota L3800DT W/FEL, and 60'' LP Brushhog
Jun 17, 2013
Mannford ok
I believe the jerky 3pt is only on the ''L'' series and below, any series above that your ok, the grand ''L'' is even nice and smooth.