New member here and my first post.

aug1113

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 8, 2020
Arizona
I have been surfing this sight since we
117226494_2692418644409455_4563158010199320563_o.jpg
got our new BX23S last month. Lots of good information here.:)

Reactions: 2 users

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have been surfing this sight since we View attachment 48218 got our new BX23S last month. Lots of good information here.:)
Welcome to the forum.

If you bought your BX23S from a dealer now is the time to request a copy of all manuals on a USB stick.
In addition to the WSM and operators' manual there will be installation manuals for perhaps the FEL or hoe which, in the decades to come, will be needed.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have been surfing this sight since we View attachment 48218 got our new BX23S last month. Lots of good information here.:)

welcome to the club!

I would highly suggest an "under armor" for your machine to keep the ol hst fan in good working order;), two places come to mind for the under armor - ask if you want those sites.

And if you plan on doing a lot of digging - a toothbar will come in handy too.(y)

And lastly - dont let anyone talk down about your new "toy" ....... I went to a new neighbor's house last weekend and he said, "nice toy" ...... then I moved with ease a 400 lb 12' 30 in diameter piece of tree trunk like it was nothing........ his next response was "I never thought it could do something like that!"

That machine will move a mountain..... one small bite at a time!!!!:LOL:

PS - the ROPS is like that because??? Low garage door perhaps?

Reactions: 1 users

aug1113

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 8, 2020
Arizona
Welcome to the forum.

If you bought your BX23S from a dealer now is the time to request a copy of all manuals on a USB stick.
In addition to the WSM and operators' manual there will be installation manuals for perhaps the FEL or hoe which, in the decades to come, will be needed.

Dave
Thank you for the welcome.
We did buy this from a dealer. I didn't know the dealer would have the manuals on USB stick.
I will see if I can get one.

Last edited:

aug1113

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 8, 2020
Arizona
welcome to the club!

I would highly suggest an "under armor" for your machine to keep the ol hst fan in good working order;), two places come to mind for the under armor - ask if you want those sites.

And if you plan on doing a lot of digging - a toothbar will come in handy too.(y)

And lastly - dont let anyone talk down about your new "toy" ....... I went to a new neighbor's house last weekend and he said, "nice toy" ...... then I moved with ease a 400 lb 12' 30 in diameter piece of tree trunk like it was nothing........ his next response was "I never thought it could do something like that!"

That machine will move a mountain..... one small bite at a time!!!!:LOL:

PS - the ROPS is like that because??? Low garage door perhaps?
Thank you for the welcome.

I have seen those "under armor" and can see why it would be needed. I am currently waiting on my backhoe dolly from BXpander.

I moved a 8 x 12 wood shed that was half full of odds and ends with ease last week, I was impressed as well as the neighbor's that was watching me. Also have dug out some concreted in post and holes for tree planting.

I my case, being originally a Nebraska farm country boy operating full size farm tractors, motorgraders, and some hoe experience, I can understand the limitations of this little machine, but then again this little machine can do more than most people think. It may take a bit more time, a little more finesse, and thought.

You are correct, the ROPS is set like that for garage door clearance. I just flip up the canopy install 2 pins then stand up and pin the ROPS bar.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
US dealers are far less accommodating to its buyers than canadian dealers.
Most will make you buy a copy of tha manuals.

Go to Kubotabooks.com and donate a couple bucks to him and download both the operators and WSM (aka service manual) from there, they are under tractors owners manuals. ;)

aug1113

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 8, 2020
Arizona

Go to Kubotabooks.com and donate a couple bucks to him and download both the operators and WSM (aka service manual) from there, they are under tractors owners manuals. ;)
Thank you for the information.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan

I'll second that. On CD the WSM is $110, $32 ea. for loader and BH. $22 ea. for operators manuals. Prices are different for each model I believe.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Welcome. Sounds like you will keep your Orange busy. Post photos