New Member from the SW Idaho mountains

Spudgunner

Equipment
BX23
Feb 18, 2011
Idaho
Hello,
Just stumbled across this site. Looks pretty cool. I have a BX23 with a snow blower (BX2750), blade, MMM, and obligatory FEL and hoe...and perhaps the best of all attachments...a block heater. :D

Other iron: Bobcat Toolcat "D" series, Bobcat 72" snow blower, Quick-Attach 85" snow blower, Quick-Attach 84" snow blade, and a Quick-Attach 48"x6" trencher that's too much for the Toolcat.

In spite of my heavier equipment, I'm still a huge fan of the BX23 and its phenomenal reliability. Thank goodness my Toolcat has a Kubota engine!

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Welcome from the BEAUTIFUL part of Idaho that being North Idaho :D Where at in the SW portion are ya?

Spudgunner

Equipment
BX23
Feb 18, 2011
Idaho
Welcome from the BEAUTIFUL part of Idaho that being North Idaho :D Where at in the SW portion are ya?
Hi, we're about 50 miles north of Boise in the mountains. We used to live in northern ID (Post Falls) before it was "discovered". In fact, I learned to ski at the ski hill near Kellogg back when it was named Silverhorn rather than Silver Mountain... or whatever they're calling it these days.

Unlike the Coeur d'Alene area, the Silver Valley is better than ever, IMO. You're fortunate.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Well I remember back when that ski hill was named Jackass Ski Bowl :D I was stationed down at Mountain Home for a year while I was in the Army (yes I know thats an Air Force Base ;) ) I used to drive 55-95 all the time to get home, although I would sometimes take just 95 for a change of sceanery. So who knows I may have seen ya out on the tractor on one of my many trips north :)

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
Welcome to OTT Spudgunner. I lived on Mt. Home AFB for 3 +/- years '87 - '90 and I wasn't too repulsed with the area. :D I only wish I'd made more friends in the local population. Maybe I could have brought home some real trophies instead of boots full of sand, tired muscles, and thoughts of going back someday for some antelope and elk.

Let's see some pictures of that heavy metal.

Spudgunner

Equipment
BX23
Feb 18, 2011
Idaho
Welcome to OTT Spudgunner. I lived on Mt. Home AFB for 3 +/- years '87 - '90 and I wasn't too repulsed with the area. :D I only wish I'd made more friends in the local population. Maybe I could have brought home some real trophies instead of boots full of sand, tired muscles, and thoughts of going back someday for some antelope and elk.

Let's see some pictures of that heavy metal.
As anybody who has lived there knows, Mountain Home ain't.

(However, anybody into geology can probably find some cool stuff in that general area.) Gonna have to wait on the Toolcat pics, I just upgraded from Xp to 7 and am having trouble finding a few items...