New member from Montana

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Howdy! I'm new here but I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and will be sharing projects from time to time. I've had a BX25D for almost 5 years (bought new) and closed the deal on an MX6000 this morning. I've had such a positive experience with the BX and the local dealer that I didn't even consider looking at other manufacturers.

I went a little crazy with the BX back in 2016 ordering a mower deck, front snow blower, grapple, rear box blade (48"), rear blade (72"), sprayer and a seeder/spreader (from a friend) in addition to the standard front loader and backhoe that came with the BX. It's been a great machine and I think I'm going to keep it unless the MX makes it redundant.

As good as the BX has been, I needed/wanted more and have been looking closely at the MX series and decided that the MX6000 without the cab would be the best fit/value for me. The MX6000 I bought is the ROPS model and I only ordered a few upgrades and accessories ... for the moment.

• LA1065A - front loader
  • L2296 - 72" quick attach heavy duty round back bucket
  • TL1748 - Bolt on cutting edge
  • MX2140 - Rod indicator kit
  • Armrest kit
  • 3rd function valve kit
  • STB1596 - 96" hydraulic angle snow blade
  • Top-n-tilt with two rear remotes
  • RB3796 - 96" rear heavy duty blade
Here are a few pictures of the actual tractor I purchased. It has 1 hour on the meter so it's almost new! :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Congrats on the new machine and welcome!

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks! The dealer is installing the 3rd function valve tomorrow, adding snow chains to the front wheels, and generally getting the tractor ready for delivery which will probably be Friday. They have the snow blade and rear blade ready to go but have to order the parts for the top-n-tilt upgrade. They'll pick up the tractor in a few weeks once the parts are in and complete the installation.

Reactions: 1 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Welcome aboard! That is one nice tractor!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Yep, it's an upgrade for sure but it will enable me to do so many things that I can't do without renting equipment ... and I really do not like renting equipment. I only have 20 acres but I've been improving them over the past seven years and the MX will get a lot of projects moving in the right direction. It occurred to me this afternoon that I'll be able to remove and install the one-piece side extensions on my 16' dump trailer without asking anyone for help. Nice!!

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Welcome and congrats. I see hooks on your HD bucket and am assuming it came factory that way? I have same bucket and it did not (last summer purchase).

Very nice and capable machine.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Welcome and congrats. I see hooks on your HD bucket and am assuming it came factory that way? I have same bucket and it did not (last summer purchase).

They don’t have them on from the factory at lease not where I was shopping. My dealer welds on hooks for free when you buy a machine. surprised me how much I actually use them.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Welcome from NC, nice machine.

My cousin recently purchased a MX5200 and he loves it.

They raise and sale long horns so it is mostly used to support that around the farm. Moving round bales, cleaning up pasture, pulling a no till planter etc.

Enjoy.

Jay

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Thanks for the welcome. Based on the HD buckets I've seen it looks to me like they come from the factory with hooks. I happened to take these photos of an HD bucket when I was at the dealer last week. This particular bucket was on an MX6000 cab model. To @Crash277 's point though, the dealer might be adding them. I'll call this morning and find out.

Last edited:

swpflipper

Equipment
MX5400 HST, LA1065 FEL, HR2572 box blade - S30 flip Screen
Nov 3, 2020
Arizona
Welcome. I don't have any experience with tB or BX series'. I am gaining a bunch with the MX. Awesome machine. It works hand in glove with our skid steer on construction type projects. You're going to enjoy the heck out of it

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
They don’t have them on from the factory at lease not where I was shopping. My dealer welds on hooks for free when you buy a machine. surprised me how much I actually use them.
@Crash277 , I spoke with the dealer this morning and you're absolutely right! They weld on the hooks to every bucket. My little BX bucket has hooks on it and I always assumed it was a factory installation. Clearly my local dealer has a competent welder on site. :) I've used the hooks on the BX bucket many times so no doubt I'll make use of them on the MX bucket too.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Flathead valley area?
You have much better dealers down that way.
Little cool this morning o_O , if I went out shopping for a tractor today it would have to be a cabbed tractor with a really good heater!

Congrats and welcome to OTT.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Flathead valley area?
You have much better dealers down that way.
Little cool this morning o_O , if I went out shopping for a tractor today it would have to be a cabbed tractor with a really good heater!

Congrats and welcome to OTT.
Thanks! Yes, I live a few miles outside Kalispell. I thought about the cab model but based on the last seven winters clearing snow and spring/summers mowing, excavating, etc., in combination with the price difference I figured that the open station model was a better choice for me. It was -2F at my house this morning but a balmy 5F yesterday when I was blowing snow with the BX. My driveway is about 400 yards long (half asphalt) and I have a good size asphalt parking area in front of the garage, barn and house to clear off too.

The only downside I've found to blowing snow is gravel/stones and wind shifts that result in a bunch of "spray" back in my face. :oops: Those are the moments when I think about a cab! I have good jackets and pants from Duluth, decent gloves and boots, and I wear a pair of snow mobile goggles with a good hat and I'm fine. I have a friend that wears shorts and a t-shirt when he's moving snow, but he has a heated cab!

One of the reasons to get the snow blade with the MX is so that I can push snow off the gravel driveway rather than blow gravel as I do currently.

Delivery is scheduled for Friday!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
We have been in your area a few times. Visited with "Hardtail John" in Marion, MT that raises Clydesdales and offers buggy and sleigh rides in Kalispell.
I'm west of Kalispell and not that far from Marion.

I've thought about buying one of those fancy DeWalt battery powered grease guns for quite a few years and last night finally got around to ordering one from Amazon. What with the MX, BX, Ford F250 7.3L and Jeep TJ 4.0L (with Rubicon Express suspension) I have lots of fittings to grease.

Last edited:

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
Congrats and welcome. I have a new Mx5400 and absolutely love it. Amazingly powerful. You might consider getting the rear tires filled with liquid for weight.