New LX3310 owner checking in

kubotter

Equipment
LX3310HSDC Cab w/LA535, LX2963 Blower, Box Blade, Tiller, Forks, Brush Hog, Rake
May 28, 2021
Wisconsin, USA
Huge thanks to everyone here posting in this forum. I didn't register until just today, but have been lurking/reading for a couple of months now. All of the information here helped me spec out and now take delivery of my new LX3310HDSC (cab model).

I'll be watching and posting as I learn more, have questions, or can give info/pics to someone needing help.

Thanks again.

Reactions: 5 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Congrats on the new tractor, looking forward to seeing pictures of it.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Think you're gonna love the new tractor. I got the LX2610, and it's the biggest little tractor I've ever driven. It's a good machine. I've enjoyed mine immensely since I got it. Welcome to the site. Lotsa good folks with good info in here.

kubotter

Equipment
LX3310HSDC Cab w/LA535, LX2963 Blower, Box Blade, Tiller, Forks, Brush Hog, Rake
May 28, 2021
Wisconsin, USA
2 days in and already turned double-digits on the hour meter :oops: I'm sure that will slow once the newness wears off some, but very fun being out there so far. Main task now has been using the box blade to smooth out some old farm-rutted field where a driveway will eventually be going. It was a suspension/teeth filling breaker and the box blade made it much much better already. I still have some learning to do on top-link angles and ripper shank depths, but still made do.

Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Nice work. Jealous. I'm not getting enough seat time at the moment.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Let us know how the first regen goes, rpm you were at when the light came on, timing and such. I did the same thing with mine for a half ass food plot ( box scraper ). Enjoy!

kubotter

Equipment
May 28, 2021
Wisconsin, USA
Had my first regen tonight right at 17.0 hours. It was right after a cold start, RPM light was blinking until I was above 2200 RPMs. Took 19 minutes which didn't bug me at all because I had work to do anyway.

Reactions: 1 user

dkpricer

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 26, 2021
Graham
Hopefully mine comes in some time this year. I ordered the same tractor Saturday. Very much looking forward to having it around the place.

kubotter

Equipment
May 28, 2021
Wisconsin, USA
After dealing with all of the Covid/supply chain delays for everything over the past year, I was beyond shocked when the dealer 10 minutes away told me that they had a LX3310 Cab model in stock. I couldn't put down a deposit fast enough. I was expecting to have to order and wait months, and feel very lucky to have had one actually in stock nearby. So far it is a great machine for me and for you it will certainly be worth the wait.

dkpricer

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 26, 2021
Graham
After dealing with all of the Covid/supply chain delays for everything over the past year, I was beyond shocked when the dealer 10 minutes away told me that they had a LX3310 Cab model in stock. I couldn't put down a deposit fast enough. I was expecting to have to order and wait months, and feel very lucky to have had one actually in stock nearby. So far it is a great machine for me and for you it will certainly be worth the wait.
NICE! count yourself lucky!

Hopefully the tractor can be delivered sooner than the estimate the dealer gave me

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
Looking for a new Kubota for our 44 acre farm (mostly wooded with some steep hills) and I'm between the L3901 and LX3310. I am planning to also include Front End Loader, Box Blade and Rotary Mower or possibly Mid Mount Mower if I go LX3310 to the full package. Any thoughts and recommendations either way?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Looking for a new Kubota for our 44 acre farm (mostly wooded with some steep hills) and I'm between the L3901 and LX3310. I am planning to also include Front End Loader, Box Blade and Rotary Mower or possibly Mid Mount Mower if I go LX3310 to the full package. Any thoughts and recommendations either way?
I'm getting tired of crawling under my LX2610 to clean and grease the deck. How much grass are you planning on mowing? Maybe consider a rear finish mower.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Rear finish mower can tend to be wider. For big open spaces, that'll do more work in shorter time. But mid mount mowers are easy to use. I take mine off all the time, no idea why you'd crawl under to grease one. I had mine off today for some tractor work, put it back on. Takes less than 5 minutes off and on, and no significant bending down. On the BX it was a pig of a thing to attach the drive shaft because the machine was so low. On the B2601 it's really no big deal, it's so much easier. As for cleaning, I use my stihl blower. No need to crawl under for that either.

The L is a bigger, stronger machine. The LX is lighter, but can be ballasted up when you need weight. The LX suits people who need a lighter machine - for driving on the lawn, for putting on your trailer. But if you're going to fill the tires, it'll be heavy either way - so if you need a light machine it probably also means you're not filling the tires. Horses for courses. If you're not weight limited the L will do more and it's a similar price. You get more metal, fewer features.

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I agree a mmm is easy to take off however, with a shoulder injury not so enjoyable getting the pto shaft back on.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Had my first regen tonight right at 17.0 hours. It was right after a cold start, RPM light was blinking until I was above 2200 RPMs. Took 19 minutes which didn't bug me at all because I had work to do anyway.
Does the LX3310 have a DPF monitor, i.e., bar graph showing soot accumulation, like the GL series does?

My B3350 does not so there is no way to know when it is going to regen. Because of this, I find myself going to inhibit mode often to avoid regens during inopportune times, e.g., work done and heading back to barn, changing implements in barn, etc.

Regens are annoying unless performed (and completed) while working.

SDT

kubotter

Equipment
May 28, 2021
Wisconsin, USA
Does the LX3310 have a DPF monitor, i.e., bar graph showing soot accumulation, like the GL series does?

My B3350 does not so there is no way to know when it is going to regen. Because of this, I find myself going to inhibit mode often to avoid regens during inopportune times, e.g., work done and heading back to barn, changing implements in barn, etc.

Regens are annoying unless performed (and completed) while working.

SDT
No DPF monitor/meter on the LX3310. I read the regen section of the manual several times and it still doesn't make much sense to me. Thankfully I got the 1st regen alert/warning right when I started up for the day, so it really didn't inconvenience me at all. However, if I were to get the alert as I'm heading in for the day, and need to go to an appointment, I won't have 20 min to sit there while it does its thing.

Is that one of the uses of the inhibit button? I would get the regen alert, then hit the inhibit button and I don't have to worry about it until the next time I start up? That would be nice. Or is the inhibit button something that I have to turn on proactively? Like if I know I have somewhere to be and I feel that a regen is coming that day based on hours, I would turn the inhibit mode on maybe ~30 min before I need to leave just in case?