New LX2610SU with dealer installed Cruise Control

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
That is exactly what I expected, but not what I got. The lever for cruise control works, but it illuminates the parking break light on the screen. I feel like someone missed something when installing it.
Sounds like they subbed in the janitor to install it while the mechanic went out for lunch.🤔

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I'm with everyone else - WTF?

I can guarantee Kubota didn't design it in such a way that cruise control and parking brake were exclusive. This dealer did something that makes no sense at all and removed a primary safety device. I'm quite sure Kubota won't be happy with that. How many others has this dealer done this with?

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Yeah I would reach out to someone in their management/ownership and inform them that what was done is incorrect and it makes the tractor dangerous. If they don't listen, escalate to Kubota and see if they can have another dealer remedy the issue. I use my parking brake all the time but I've never used the cruise control. If it comes down to it, I would ask to have the parking brake reinstalled and have the money for the cruise control refunded.

Last edited:

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I'm thinking the dealer is an idiot. My guess is this is what happened:

They could not figure out how to install the cruise control with the parking brake (not break) assembly in place, so they removed the parking brake (not break) assembly and installed the cruise control and called it good.

I'm betting Kubota would not be happy with this dealer. Certainly the lawyers at Kubota would not be happy with this insanity.

Reactions: 1 user

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
I got into this post early on, and it would seem that Kubota Corporate should be very concerned about this having been done, but I have been surprised at Kubota's lack of interest in obvious safety concerns before.

A lot of people have trouble with the "bucket" control lever on the ROPS B50 series. My B2650 is an example. The position of the lever puts it in close contact with the operator's right thigh. Any operator side movement to the right , such as when look back at a three point hitch implement, brings the operator's thigh into contact with the control causing the front mounted implement to unexpectedly drop to the ground. This could easily cause a tractor "flip" but Kubota was not concerned at all. All they said was take it to a dealer. All the dealer said was that this was a design problem, not their problem. So Dusty, good luck with this.
You many fair better, in that this is so blatantly a stupid thing to have done. Again, let us know how this is resolved. We are all on your side on this one!
1620647824389.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I got into this post early on, and it would seem that Kubota Corporate should be very concerned about this having been done, but I have been surprised at Kubota's lack of interest in obvious safety concerns before.

A lot of people have trouble with the "bucket" control lever on the ROPS B50 series. My B2650 is an example. The position of the lever puts it in close contact with the operator's right thigh. Any operator side movement to the right , such as when look back at a three point hitch implement, brings the operator's thigh into contact with the control causing the front mounted implement to unexpectedly drop to the ground. This could easily cause a tractor "flip" but Kubota was not concerned at all. All they said was take it to a dealer. All the dealer said was that this was a design problem, not their problem. So Dusty, good luck with this.
You many fair better, in that this is so blatantly a stupid thing to have done. Again, let us know how this is resolved. We are all on your side on this one!
View attachment 59617
You can deactivate the FEL control stick when you are not using it. The Loader Lock Lever is located at the base of the stick. So, there is a solution.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
You can deactivate the FEL control stick when you are not using it. The Loader Lock Lever is located at the base of the stick. So, there is a solution.
Thank you Elliott

The lockout for the control would probably be great for "running down the road", but think about doing back and forth loader work. It is not very practical to engage and disengage the lockout in that situation, but that is when you tend to look backwards. This was a hot issue for some time, with a lot of people complaining. One person claimed to have almost flipped his tractor. If you are interested, take a look at this post.
B2650 Loader Lever issue

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer.

Dusty23

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SUHST
May 7, 2021
Georgia
If the shop isn’t willing to fix the problem at no cost to you (including transporting the tractor), I’d escalate it to Kubota USA. Or call and talk to another dealer in the area.
I can already smell the money from the lawsuits that would occur if this was a thing.
I talked to my salesman about my concerns and he agreed. They picked up the tractor today to correct the issue so hopefully all will be good when I get it back.

Reactions: 2 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I talked to my salesman about my concerns and he agreed. They picked up the tractor today to correct the issue so hopefully all will be good when I get it back.
Good. What they did was friggin ridiculous.