New L6060 rear remote hydraulic leak

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
Hooked up the RBT3596 for the first time tonight and it has a hydraulic cylinder to angle it, so I plugged it into the float detention rear remote ports.

the tractor leaks hydraulic fluid when I angle the blade back and forth. It’s not clear where it’s coming from as I have found fluid dripping all over below the tractor and also resting on top of the cast iron in front of the rear fill / check area. When I say in front I mean between the fill and the front loader.

the remote ports are not leaking and neither are those hoses, so it’s not a bad implement or remote port fitting.

Not sure where to start looking.

where is the hydraulic over-pressure relief port and how do I ensure that’s not what’s causing this? I doubt it is.
Thank you.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hooked up the RBT3596 for the first time tonight and it has a hydraulic cylinder to angle it, so I plugged it into the float detention rear remote ports.

the tractor leaks hydraulic fluid when I angle the blade back and forth. It’s not clear where it’s coming from as I have found fluid dripping all over below the tractor and also resting on top of the cast iron in front of the rear fill / check area. When I say in front I mean between the fill and the front loader.

the remote ports are not leaking and neither are those hoses, so it’s not a bad implement or remote port fitting.

where is the hydraulic over-pressure relief port and how do I ensure that’s not what’s causing this? I doubt it is.
Thank you.
Here is the remote valve parts diagram. Tank return is pipe 110. It could be leaking from any number of places and it wint be trivial to fix. I second Matt's advice - this is the dealer's problem to deal with.

Dan

Last edited:

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
I’m going to look at it in the daylight to ensure there’s nothing obvious - I can’t imagine it would leak as a result of going back and forth and into / out of float?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I’m going to look at it in the daylight to ensure there’s nothing obvious - I can’t imagine it would leak as a result of going back and forth and into / out of float?
Correct. If it is leaking, something is wrong. O ring cut or a bolt not tight. Can you put someone on tractor to work the lever, while you look with good light to see if you can find the leak? Just look, don't feel, if it is a high pressure leak, it will puncture your skin. Bad times there.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Thank you.
Leaking at hose connections?

SDT

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
Here is the remote valve parts diagram. Tank return is pipe 110. It could be leaking from any number of places and it wint be trivial to fix. I second Matt's advice - this is the dealer's problem to deal with.

Dan

Hello,

After further investigation you are correct, it is leaking at the point where the tank return pipe 110 secures to the block/tank (on the side where 130 secures it with a bolt. Looking at this diagram, it appears that the return pipe is not only threaded on both ends but secured with an extra bolt, what is the purpose of that extra bolt 130?

If I'm looking at this correctly it will not be a simple fix, and will be headed to the dealer.

Thank you.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Hello,

After further investigation you are correct, it is leaking at the point where the tank return pipe 110 secures to the block/tank (on the side where 130 secures it with a bolt. Looking at this diagram, it appears that the return pipe is not only threaded on both ends but secured with an extra bolt, what is the purpose of that extra bolt 130?

If I'm looking at this correctly it will not be a simple fix, and will be headed to the dealer.

Thank you.
110 is not threaded. Press in fit with 120 being the o ring. 130 secures it to the block.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Is it safe to back 130 out then and try to reseat it? There doesn't seem to be much flex room with it being metal and the other connections.
You can try, but I'd bet the o ring is ripped or has a cut in it.

Maybe try to tighten the bolt a bit, it could be loose, not letting the o ring seal.

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
You can try, but I'd bet the o ring is ripped or has a cut in it.

Maybe try to tighten the bolt a bit, it could be loose, not letting the o ring seal.
Bolt is tight, is there any flex in that metal pipe if I want to try reseating it, or am I going to have to loosen things on the other end?

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
I have a feeling it's going to end up going to the shop, as I don't want to mess up the other 120 or 020 or 030 resting below that piece of block beneath the 40s.
The o-ring was cut. A replacement solved the problem. Thank you all.

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
pretty easy mistake to make during installation. PRobably dealer installed. I speak from experience. They probably was in a rush-as usual.