New L4060 LE add-ons

That Bald Guy

Equipment
Kubota L4060 Limited Edition
Aug 21, 2022
Upstate New York
I just purchased a Kubota L4060 LE from my local dealer. It's getting pulled from the crate and assembled this week. I wanted the L4760, but couldn't seem to find one with a loader, so I'll make due. I've never owned a tractor, but after buying a new house on 30 acres, I realized, pretty quickly, that I needed one. I would've got the non-LE version if it were available, but it wasn’t, so I optioned work lights (front and rear), as I will be doing a snow removal on my 500' driveway, when it calls for it, before work (4:30am). I will be using this tractor to clear brush, downed trees, make and maintain trails and anything else that I need it for. My question, for you experienced tractor owners, is what, if anything, should I add to make doing this work, more efficient. I purchased a rotary mower, landscape rake, 3rd function and grapple. There are million options to chose from, but I'd like your input on what you use. And not just implements, but really anything. I'm new at this, so I'll take any advice I can get. Thank you!

Reactions: 2 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I just purchased a Kubota L4060 LE from my local dealer. It's getting pulled from the crate and assembled this week. I wanted the L4760, but couldn't seem to find one with a loader, so I'll make due. I've never owned a tractor, but after buying a new house on 30 acres, I realized, pretty quickly, that I needed one. I would've got the non-LE version if it were available, but it wasn’t, so I optioned work lights (front and rear), as I will be doing a snow removal on my 500' driveway, when it calls for it, before work (4:30am). I will be using this tractor to clear brush, downed trees, make and maintain trails and anything else that I need it for. My question, for you experienced tractor owners, is what, if anything, should I add to make doing this work, more efficient. I purchased a rotary mower, landscape rake, 3rd function and grapple. There are million options to chose from, but I'd like your input on what you use. And not just implements, but really anything. I'm new at this, so I'll take any advice I can get. Thank you!
I think you are well covered. That tractor should fulfill your needs beautifully. Congratulations.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Congratulations. Depending on what you plan to put on the back end, you think about having dealer install rear remotes and maybe think about tire ballast ? I understand you have idea for snow removal but I did not see an implement there….a rear blade, front plow or snow blower would be more efficient that just using a bucket IMO. You might also think about how you plan to ballast the machine…loaded tires are normally a great idea but maybe consider when clearing downed trees or using the grapple would you have an implement for additional ballast or maybe a ballast box or carry all? If you do firewood think about how you might haul your tools along with you(could be a ballast box that hauls tools or carry all or maybe scabbards?) Do you plan to have a garden (that’s another rabbit hole)…Finally I did not see pallet forks on your list but for me they are indespensible…I receive drop pallets and also I store stuff on pallets and dollys…IMO pallet forks (very helpful for lifting things with straps/rigging) are really handy. Good luck. (Personally I’d put a receiver on the bucket and some grab hooks as well…f you don’t plan to do yourself now is good time to have the dealer add at set up).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
With 30 acres, I assume that you will be doing some sort of grading at some time.
Is your 500' driveway, paved? If not I would consider other implements than just a landscape rake. A box blade, rear blade, land plane grading scraper (LPGS). Any and all would be beneficial later on if not right away.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: 3 users

That Bald Guy

Equipment
Kubota L4060 Limited Edition
Aug 21, 2022
Upstate New York
Congratulations. Depending on what you plan to put on the back end, you think about having dealer install rear remotes and maybe think about tire ballast ? I understand you have idea for snow removal but I did not see an implement there….a rear blade, front plow or snow blower would be more efficient that just using a bucket IMO. You might also think about how you plan to ballast the machine…loaded tires are normally a great idea but maybe consider when clearing downed trees or using the grapple would you have an implement for additional ballast or maybe a ballast box or carry all? If you do firewood think about how you might haul your tools along with you(could be a ballast box that hauls tools or carry all or maybe scabbards?) Do you plan to have a garden (that’s another rabbit hole)…Finally I did not see pallet forks on your list but for me they are indespensible…I receive drop pallets and also I store stuff on pallets and dollys…IMO pallet forks (very helpful for lifting things with straps/rigging) are really handy. Good luck. (Personally I’d put a receiver on the bucket and some grab hooks as well…f you don’t plan to do yourself now is good time to have the dealer add at set up).
Thank you for the reply. As far as the snow removal, I guess I should've asked what you folks recommend. After buying the tractor, I don't really have the funds for a snowblower, but I'm open to suggestion for anything else. The tires are getting filled at the dealership, with RimGuard. I think I'll have to get a ballast box, because I don't want to have to keep the rotary cutter on the back when I don't need it. I forgot to add that I did get pallet forks. The dealer recommended them and told me that I'd find a ton of uses for them. I probably won't be doing any gardening for a while. Thanks again for your help!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Thank you for the reply. As far as the snow removal, I guess I should've asked what you folks recommend. After buying the tractor, I don't really have the funds for a snowblower, but I'm open to suggestion for anything else. The tires are getting filled at the dealership, with RimGuard. I think I'll have to get a ballast box, because I don't want to have to keep the rotary cutter on the back when I don't need it. I forgot to add that I did get pallet forks. The dealer recommended them and told me that I'd find a ton of uses for them. I probably won't be doing any gardening for a while. Thanks again for your help!
Sounds like you are ahead of the game and will be set up well. If you ever plan to drag logs with ballast box attached a 2” receiver on it can be helpful. For snow I wonder what your neighbors use and how much and how often? I have an uncle up above Saratoga springs and he gets a lot and has no where to push it all, so he has a blower on his tractor…it’s slow though but it works for his situation very well. Personally I have space at our place up at the lake and I would push it. My neighbors up there all seem to use pushers on the front of a tractor or skid steer or a back blade (snow belt area so it frequent but not super deep…about a foot or so per event…sometimes more…if it’s just lake effect it comes steady but not super deep but it’s frequent if any of that makes sense) So I think average amount of snow per event and frequency versus how much space you have.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
For moving any amount of snow my choices would be: #1 a front mounted blower, #2 a rear mounted blower, #3 a snow pusher on the loader, #4 a snow pusher on the rear, #5 the loader bucket.

Reactions: 1 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Congrats! Be careful in the woods, especially with a cab. And be careful always

Since you got pallet forks, you might think about a 3PH adapter to QA. Then you could put the forks on the back to carry tools or ballast on a pallet.

'Course, this doesn't help when you need ballast with forks on the front 🤔 .

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Beware! You just asked tractor owners to spend your money! Get ready to make a list! LOL!

• Haha

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Pusher works good for me but if you have a bunch of turns it’s not the best. I have same size machine and 7’ pusher, it could handle an 8’ too.

76D7A7ED-4834-47D2-87D2-7EAC71A75D49.jpeg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I just purchased a Kubota L4060 LE from my local dealer.
Congratulations! I assume you got the cab version considering where you live. One of my best friends has a Grand L4060 and is very happy with it. No issues at all in 3 years since new, but it's a Kubota so not much of surprise there.

Looks like you have a good start and others have made useful suggestions. I always add three factory remotes and I strongly suggest the factory top-n-tilt option (hdraulic top link and lift arm). Both of mine have it and I wouldn't be without it. I loaned the Del Morino flail mower to the friend with the 4060 and he struggled with it since he doesn't have top-n-tilt. He'll be fixing that problem shortly.

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
+1 on the rear remotes

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
I have a L3560LE.
I added back the lights, side mirrors, cruise control, seat switch to run pto with seat up, alpine stereo with ebay harness. Maybe a couple of other things.
It has exceeded my expectations.
I turned a 3ac food plot with it today.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
As others have stated, the hyd top and side links are awesome. I would not want to be without the hyd top link, and I see a hyd side link in my future. Rear remotes are also a necessary.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Check with dealer if wheel spacers are needed to run tire chains, wheels will be to heavy to move solo. Chains can be added later, may not be needed on flat ground, hills - you'll be adding them

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Neal was standing next to an L4060 LE model in today's Messick's video. I thought that was serendipitous given this post.

ScottHam

Equipment
Kubota L3560HST-LE 4WD; R4 tires; Armstrong Ag BRG-mini grapple; 1272 box blade
Jul 9, 2022
Texas Hill Country
Congratulations on your purchase. I have been waiting for my R4 tires to be delivered for 3 weeks now......Hopefully I can pick up my 3560 next week. I'm getting the 3rd function valve installed to go along with an Armstrong Ag grapple (local Texas manufacturer) and 2 rear remotes as well for my box blade. Can't wait for my tractor to arrive.

IcePondFarm

Equipment
JD Z925, Kawasaki Mule 4010, ISO Kubota Tractor
Sep 12, 2022
Virginia
Have you been pleased with the purchase? Looking at the same tractor for the same amount of land I just bought. Was debating if the 40hp was enough or if I needed the L4760?