New L2501

DrHolliday

Equipment
L2501
Mar 1, 2017
Vienna, Ohio
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I've read a lot of reviews before purchasing and wound up with a new L2501HST with FEL, ssqa bucket and 6' finishing mower.g or the package for 21,900 with 0***8453; for 84 months. I thought long and hard about the 3301 and the 3901 but just couldn't do the emissions on them. Wanted a simple tractor.

I'll be using it to keep about 4 acres mowed, and for maintaining about 27 acres of forest. So far I'm happy with the tractor. Now I can't wait for it to dry up some so I can take it back in the woods.

Attachments

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
Those are nice tractors. It should give you many years of good service. I looked hard at the L25 but ended buying an L39.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
Welcome aboard! We replaced our old 1953 ford jubilee with a brand new l2501 in December, we love the new machine, cant even compare the two! We are very happy with ours, and I am sure you will be also, great tractor!

DrHolliday

Equipment
L2501
Mar 1, 2017
Vienna, Ohio
I can't believe you got it muddy already! Lol.
I took it around one of my ponds and went to go down a trail to my gas well, half way through the trail it was just about buried andstopped moving. Took some playing to get it out. My wife gave me some looks when I came back to the house too, lol.

I all happened with .6 hours on it. It was delivered with .5 on it. Didn't take long to get it dirty!

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I took it around one of my ponds and went to go down a trail to my gas well, half way through the trail it was just about buried andstopped moving. Took some playing to get it out. My wife gave me some looks when I came back to the house too, lol.

I all happened with .6 hours on it. It was delivered with .5 on it. Didn't take long to get it dirty!
Dr, that's funny! I can very clearly "see" those "looks".

Welcome aboard!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
LMAO,,yepper if you dont get those looks,,, brudder you aint havin no fun :D

Forvols

Jan 28, 2017
Hawkins county TN
I got a L2501/HST/FEL with 5ft brushhog and 5ft box blade about 2weeks ago. Been so wet only pushed around some brush. I got about 4-5acres cleared and 15acres of woods to maintain. Now it just needs to dry out some. So I can REALLY start playing...eerrrr working(as the wife rolls her eyes). :D

DrHolliday

Equipment
L2501
Mar 1, 2017
Vienna, Ohio
I got a L2501/HST/FEL with 5ft brushhog and 5ft box blade about 2weeks ago. Been so wet only pushed around some brush. I got about 4-5acres cleared and 15acres of woods to maintain. Now it just needs to dry out some. So I can REALLY start playing...eerrrr working(as the wife rolls her eyes). :D
I'm with ya, too wet to do anything atm.

workhorse

Jan 14, 2016
Alden, franklinville, boston
I wanted to get the R1's but was talked into the R4's. Thinking about going back and having them swap them out and add in another implement or something to make up the value.

Was offered too, at an additional price but was assured the R4's were almost as good as AG's for mud traction.... What a crock. See my ad in classified section, the one where I'm trying to trade my tires for AG's. Hope they take care of you as u bought yours new, mine was used so I got what came with it.

Dirt Life

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Mar 30, 2017
ELLOREE
Hi all . Just took delivery of mine two days ago. Unfortunately I had to go back to work that night and will not have time to play until Tuesday :mad: First time tractor owner and am super excited. :)

NewtoOrange

Equipment
L2501
Mar 1, 2017
Pleasant Plains, Il. USA
Just wondering about something. I got my L2501 package on Dec. 30 (that is right tax man) Was delivered in a rush by dealer and only had one ignition key. Was told he would mail the manuals and other key. So far nothing. Has anybody else one gotten one key and no operating manual ? I downloaded the cutter and scrapper manual form the 'net but had to spend the 25 for the operating manual from California.

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
You should get an Operating Manual and 2 keys. Wear them out until you get it. For what it is worth you can download the manual off the Kabota website (or if you PM me with you email address I can email it to you) for about $15. You can buy a set of 2 keys for about $10. So it's not the end of the world. Not right though.

DrHolliday

Equipment
L2501
Mar 1, 2017
Vienna, Ohio
I got 2 keys and the manuals with mine as well.

My finishing mower just came yesterday so I tested real quick before putting it all in the shop. The more I use this 2501 the more I like it. I did talk to the dealer about tires and they are willing to swap to the r1's, but the more I use the r4's the more I think I might keep them. The less psi is helpful aroundthe house where it will be used most of the time.