New Kubota M7060 Lemon

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I would settle for nothing less than being fully reimbursed for that charged for the water/fuel fix that had not been done. I would "threaten" to reveal here and elsewhere online the name and location of dealership and folks you have been dealing with. These things can take on a life of their own once posted and usually for eternity. Reputational risk is an area corporations go to great lengths to safeguard. Email copies of your escalating and steaming divulgences up the chain. Kubota Corp. is a publicly traded entity. A little searching and you could add some very important people to the chain. The potential for franchise agreement termination is a real prospect in this scenario. I go for the throat in such matters. Its the hillbilly way. Hatfields and McCoys. Reporting from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania "The Paris of Appalachia"

Reactions: 1 users

tim milham

Equipment
M7060 tractor, Kubota DM2028 Disc Mower
Sep 18, 2021
Mena, AR
Agreed.

File a complaint with Kubota Customer Satisfaction. Instructions for doing this are in your warranty information.

Keep good records and follow the procedures precisely.

I've done this successfully but telephone calls may not be sufficient. In my case, I made little progress until I wrote a very persuasive letter (not email).

SDT
Am I being persuavise in what I have written so far? Just checking to see if I should be taking a different approach with them. This is the first time I have ever had a problem to this degree. Heck it's the first time I have ever been able to buy something new like this, never a new vehicle or anything.

tim milham

Equipment
Sep 18, 2021
Mena, AR
Someone sent me a message and asked if this was ever resolved, so I thought I would give an update on this thread.

I finally gave up on Gray Brothers Equipment in Poteau, OK and Fort Smith, AR. Hauled it to a different Kubota dealer about a month ago in DeQueen, AR. and still waiting on it to be fixed.

Gray Brothers Kubota still will not refund my money that they should have never charged. Not much I can do except just tell my story and knock them out of a sale every chance I get. I promise that $400 dollars is going to cost them way more than it cost me, hate to be that way but they wouldn't listen to reason with me. Heck they pretty much just screwed me.

So now to feed cows I put a chain around the round bale and hook up to my truck and pull them out to the pasture, getting a bit old but it is what it is.

I've been trying to get this new Kubota fixed since July of this year! Yes, you can't make this s**t up. The new dealer did finally get my injectors pulled and sent off. Kubota knowing that these M7060 tractors have an injector problem still require the injectors to be sent in for testing. One of the Kubota mechanics told me that they always test out as "good" because Kubota doesn't have a way to bring the injector up to operating temperature for a real-world test on them.

I have no idea why Kubota can't just send out new injectors for a known problem they have and get the customer back in service. It's quite a delay to ship them, get tested, ship them back and then wait on Kubota to approve the repair when their faulty testing procedures calls them good.

I quess this is just the new world of big company ways and the bean counters that run them. I think they are about on par with federal government bureaucrats trying to get anything done. Or them getting in the way may be a better way of looking at it.

whitetiger

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Someone sent me a message and asked if this was ever resolved, so I thought I would give an update on this thread.

I finally gave up on Gray Brothers Equipment in Poteau, OK and Fort Smith, AR. Hauled it to a different Kubota dealer about a month ago in DeQueen, AR. and still waiting on it to be fixed.

Gray Brothers Kubota still will not refund my money that they should have never charged. Not much I can do except just tell my story and knock them out of a sale every chance I get. I promise that $400 dollars is going to cost them way more than it cost me, hate to be that way but they wouldn't listen to reason with me. Heck they pretty much just screwed me.

So now to feed cows I put a chain around the round bale and hook up to my truck and pull them out to the pasture, getting a bit old but it is what it is.

I've been trying to get this new Kubota fixed since July of this year! Yes, you can't make this s**t up. The new dealer did finally get my injectors pulled and sent off. Kubota knowing that these M7060 tractors have an injector problem still require the injectors to be sent in for testing. One of the Kubota mechanics told me that they always test out as "good" because Kubota doesn't have a way to bring the injector up to operating temperature for a real-world test on them.

I have no idea why Kubota can't just send out new injectors for a known problem they have and get the customer back in service. It's quite a delay to ship them, get tested, ship them back and then wait on Kubota to approve the repair when their faulty testing procedures calls them good.

I quess this is just the new world of big company ways and the bean counters that run them. I think they are about on par with federal government bureaucrats trying to get anything done. Or them getting in the way may be a better way of looking at it.
PSB-2021-007-E-R1: M-Series; Countermeasure for Defective Fuel Injector on M6060, M7060, and M4 gives very simple step-by-step instructions on the 8 step test for the injectors. Each injector is shut down below 140 degrees coolant temp and again over 140 degrees temp using diagmaster. The file is then emailed to Kubota Technical Service where they replay the results and authorize a new set of injectors.

Their response is usually within a couple of hours. I have performed this test on at least 8 units, they all failed and got the newly redesigned injectors installed. All have been confirmed by the customers that the power complaint has been resolved.

Kubota does not require the injectors to be sent to the independent test facility for this concern. When we are instructed to remove and send injectors to the test facility for various concerns, they are shipped next day air {per Kubota}, tested within a few hours of delivery, and test results emailed to the dealer and Kubota Technical Service. Your wait should be no more than 2 business days for an answer.

Replacement injectors are sent Next Day Air to the dealer.

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
PSB-2021-007-E-R1: M-Series; Countermeasure for Defective Fuel Injector on M6060, M7060, and M4 gives very simple step-by-step instructions on the 8 step test for the injectors. Each injector is shut down below 140 degrees coolant temp and again over 140 degrees temp using diagmaster. The file is then emailed to Kubota Technical Service where they replay the results and authorize a new set of injectors.

Their response is usually within a couple of hours. I have performed this test on at least 8 units, they all failed and got the newly redesigned injectors installed. All have been confirmed by the customers that the power complaint has been resolved.

Kubota does not require the injectors to be sent to the independent test facility for this concern. When we are instructed to remove and send injectors to the test facility for various concerns, they are shipped next day air {per Kubota}, tested within a few hours of delivery, and test results emailed to the dealer and Kubota Technical Service. Your wait should be no more than 2 business days for an answer.

A LOT (too many!!) dealer techs fail to review any bulletins that apply to the equipment they're working with. I have been guilty too in the past. It should be a requirement, and they were talking about doing just that when I finally got sick of dealer work and left. Part of the reason they don't review the bulletins is that the techs never see them sometimes. The notification is emailed to the SM, but then the SM never gets it to the shop techs. The shop techs work on equipment, and they work on commission or hourly + bonus, thus the more work they turn out the better they get paid....so they're usually too busy to concern about "bulletins". Then the SM files a claim, and forgets about that bulletin, and kubota dings the dealer. Happens way too often.

They can't put techs on straight hourly pay because the dealer principals think that the techs will be standing around doing nothing and getting paid to do so. But they put them on commission (or bonus) and then the customer gets duped because of what I described above. There is no good solution; particularly nowadays, aside from employing techs that have a good work ethic, which are VERY hard to find! Those kinds of people don't work for free....

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming

Is there a serial number range that the injector issue is applicable to? Just wondering if my 7060 may suffer this problem. Runs great so far.

whitetiger

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Is there a serial number range that the injector issue is applicable to? Just wondering if my 7060 may suffer this problem. Runs great so far.
Here is a pdf of the first page of the PSB with the serial # range.

Attachments

Last edited:

tim milham

Equipment
Sep 18, 2021
Mena, AR
For the first year I thought mine ran great also. The second year I started really working it when the problem became apparent. Such as on a hot day hooked up to a hay mower pulling hills here in western arkansas. It will bog down and you can hear the exhaust start making a different sound, dont know exactly how to give an example of the sound except maybe calling it a "blowing sound".

The dealer sent a tech out to verify this after I already had it in their shop for a month and after I told them to just read the service bulletin that I found out about on this forum (thanks for posting). When he arrived it took me a while to get the tractor to replicate the problem because it was getting to the end of summer and the temperature was cooling down.

After several trips up and down a big hill the injectors finally started dropping out, just like I had been telling them all along that I thought it acted like an injector problem. This was why I was so madd when I got the tractor back the first time with a bill for removing water from the fuel and for a broken remote lever cable that has now broken twice.

Now I know that they put the wrong length remote lever on the spool on the back when they put it together new. They should have never charged me for this repair and sure as heck should be refunding my money! Why they think they can get away with this I have no idea but I've given up on calling them about it and have moved on.

I told this tech that the exhaust sound that it makes when the injector starts shutting down is the same sound that it makes when it goes into regen. He told me that the exhaust sound should not change when in regen. I told him that this is the first tractor that I have owned that has regen and I have no idea what it is supposed to sound like, and that it has made this sound since the very first time when brand new.

So can someone on here verify what I should be hearing during regen if anything?