New Kubota Attachment Delays?

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
Folks,
I'm both a new Kubota owner and new to this forum, and I'd like to ask if anyone else is having problems getting certain attachments new from their local dealer?

Back in May (2022), I ordered a new BX1880V-1, LA344S loader, rear tire weights, and a LandPride WB10 weight box. I also purchased some extras for future use like the 3rd function valve and dual rear remote valves. All of the above were delivered to my home within a month. Great! I was very happy to get them and so far, I have no complaints with the operation of any of it.

However, at the same time I ordered my tractor, I also ordered a RCK48 48" mid mount mower deck and the BX2830 front snowblower (with the BX2811 K-Connect and BX2810 4-point front hitch). These items were back ordered and 6 months later, they have yet to arrive. I joked with my dealer at the time that I hoped the snowblower arrived before the snow does, but now that is it November, that joke is no longer funny.

I've gone to my dealer multiple times to check in with them and they say they have no idea when anything shows up these days. They say that Kubota no longer sends updates on ordered items, and that things just randomly show up on a truck. If they refuse it, the truck driver just goes to the next Kubota dealer. Is that true for any other dealer? And this is one of Kubota's "Premier" Dealerships, BTW, where I have been a parts and service customer (for non-Kubota items) for 30+ years.

I even called the Kubota customer phone number (888) 458-2682 and talked to a very nice guy who could tell me nothing about the situation as he didn't have that kind of info on shipping delays or attachment availability.

Has anyone else had trouble getting new snowblower and MMM attachments this year? Or am I just lucky?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to the forum!
It's across the board, not just Kubota and not just tractors. My inlaws had to wait about 6 months to get their car into a body shop- it took that long for the shop to get the replacement parts in. Our church is doing a large remodel, and everything is done except for setting doors and running trim. The doors have been on order for months. It's the season of patience.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Welcome!
I'm hearing the same thing from my local shop. Been that way for a while. When I started shopping, they had a fleet of tractors but no loaders. They said they had no idea when they would show up. Salesdude called a few weeks later and said 5 loaders showed up that morning.

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
Welcome...
The lock down was World wide...Chips where now made for P.C. and T.V's no one was buying cars! Just in time is now showing it's problems? So we now have inflation for the lack of supply?
We built a house before the lock down lumber was going up in price and hard to get. After we (late 2019) moved in we waited months for Appliances.

Reactions: 1 user

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
DustyRusty, I'm in eastern Mass.

hodge and My Barn, in my job, we've had to deal with international shipping and chip delays for quite some time. That's no surprise; what I'm surprised at is that these implements are (mostly) made in USA and have no chips. So what's the hold up with them? Is it a steel shortage or something?

The Evil Twin, my dealer has plenty of tractors with loaders and/or backhoes; they just don't seem to have much else. Every time I go there, there's at least half a dozen BX's and a smattering of larger tractors in the lot. But snowblowers and mower decks? Not so much.

A tractor without attachments is just a very slow go-cart. Sigh.

At this rate, should I purchase a plastic edge for my bucket to plow my brand new paved driveway this winter? I see Messick's has a bolt-on one in stock for $211.80.

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan

hodge and My Barn, in my job, we've had to deal with international shipping and chip delays for quite some time. That's no surprise; what I'm surprised at is that these implements are (mostly) made in USA and have no chips. So what's the hold up with them? Is it a steel shortage or something?

The Evil Twin, my dealer has plenty of tractors with loaders and/or backhoes; they just don't seem to have much else. Every time I go there, there's at least half a dozen BX's and a smattering of larger tractors in the lot. But snowblowers and mower decks? Not so much.

At this rate, should I purchase a plastic edge for my bucket to plow my brand new paved driveway this winter? I see Messick's has a bolt-on one in stock for $211.80.
Shoreliner
I did try to order a B2600 a few years ago...Couldn't get a backhoe...By many dealer here! At that time they said no welders? The next time same story oh but now it has gone up thousand of dollars? Still no backhoes in my case I fixed our Kubota.
Snow removal here for me has been a rear blade with skid shoes. Along with FEL we (+300') and do fine. Hope you get yours before the snow fly's

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Folks,
I'm both a new Kubota owner and new to this forum, and I'd like to ask if anyone else is having problems getting certain attachments new from their local dealer?

Back in May (2022), I ordered a new BX1880V-1, LA344S loader, rear tire weights, and a LandPride WB10 weight box. I also purchased some extras for future use like the 3rd function valve and dual rear remote valves. All of the above were delivered to my home within a month. Great! I was very happy to get them and so far, I have no complaints with the operation of any of it.

However, at the same time I ordered my tractor, I also ordered a RCK48 48" mid mount mower deck and the BX2830 front snowblower (with the BX2811 K-Connect and BX2810 4-point front hitch). These items were back ordered and 6 months later, they have yet to arrive. I joked with my dealer at the time that I hoped the snowblower arrived before the snow does, but now that is it November, that joke is no longer funny.

I've gone to my dealer multiple times to check in with them and they say they have no idea when anything shows up these days. They say that Kubota no longer sends updates on ordered items, and that things just randomly show up on a truck. If they refuse it, the truck driver just goes to the next Kubota dealer. Is that true for any other dealer? And this is one of Kubota's "Premier" Dealerships, BTW, where I have been a parts and service customer (for non-Kubota items) for 30+ years.

I even called the Kubota customer phone number (888) 458-2682 and talked to a very nice guy who could tell me nothing about the situation as he didn't have that kind of info on shipping delays or attachment availability.

Has anyone else had trouble getting new snowblower and MMM attachments this year? Or am I just lucky?
Just sent you a private message!

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Western MA here, six months plus of waiting for a backhoe....:cry:

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia

The loader issue was back in the summer. The 3 closest dealers had none. I was speaking more to the fact they don't know when stuff will show up these days.
For your bucket, there are less expensive options. My old neighbor used a PVC pipe slit down the side to cover the edge. maywes.com sells them for around $100. Or buy a sheet of Delrin or HDPE and make your own.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

Interested in a used snowblower? I have a BX5455HD snowblower with a mounting kit and driveshaft that will fit onto your tractor if you remove the grille guard. I am very close to Southbridge MA if you want to come to look at it.

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
My Barn, A rear blade sounds interesting for snow removal and I've seen some videos on using it like that. Any damage to pavement or grass? Because not only do I have a freshly paved driveway to deal with, the shed I keep my tractor in is about 100 feet away from my driveway on the other side of the lawn (don't blame me; my shed has been there for 130 years).

fried1765, I've answered your PM. ;)

jkrubi12, Oh, joy; that's not great. By the way, the last time I went to my dealer, another customer told me that he had been waiting 16 months for something to arrive.

The Evil Twin, and that's something I can't understand. Why can't Kubota notify their dealers when things are expected? It should be possible to know, within reason, when production items will be available. The PVC pipe edge is an interesting idea. How is it secured to the bucket? With my luck, it would fall off the first time I dumped a bucket of snow. And thanks for that Maywes link! That might be my best bucket option.

DustyRusty, Unfortunately, I've already paid for my new snowblower at my dealer. I'd first have to get my money back. And honestly, one of the major points of my buying all new stuff was so I could stop having to deal with keeping my old stuff going. I have a 45 year old Wheel Horse and a 58 year old Allis-Chalmers (Simplicity) that I've maintained since I was 15. While the family has gotten our money's worth out of them, I really want all-new stuff. But thank you for the offer! That was very kind of you. (y)

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The loader issue was back in the summer. The 3 closest dealers had none. I was speaking more to the fact they don't know when stuff will show up these days.
For your bucket, there are less expensive options. My old neighbor used a PVC pipe slit down the side to cover the edge. maywes.com sells them for around $100. Or buy a sheet of Delrin or HDPE and make your own.
You can also use a piece of plastic wood like they use for decking.

Stew

Equipment
BX1880
Jun 8, 2018
MA

Sorry to hear about your delays. I believe the front mount blowers are made by Rad Tech in Canada and not by Kubota. So there could be the delay there from the original supplier.

If you're looking for a cheaper option for a plastic edge, I ordered this from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O2MMLO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I drilled counterbored holes and bought some hardware and was into it for maybe $65 in total. It worked well last winter for me in conjunction with a rear blade.

Attachments

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
You can also use a piece of plastic wood like they use for decking.
I bought a ¾" X 48" X 4" piece of HMWP from Peachtree Woodworking (about $35.00 last year) and some ½" Stainless steel bolts and made my own bucket edge. Drilled and countersunk the HMWP for the bolts.

I used it all last winter (NE Ohio, btw) on my, and three neighbors' driveways. Hardly shows any wear at all. I'll probably get at least another five years out of it.

BTW, mine looks exactly like the one Stew just posted.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I've got a 4by6 sheet of 1/2" UHMW board here, looks like it'll be 4" shorter tomorrow !
Wondering HOW you nutted those bolts though ? My bucket has 5/8" holes ...

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
I've got a 4by6 sheet of 1/2" UHMW board here, looks like it'll be 4" shorter tomorrow !
Wondering HOW you nutted those bolts though ? My bucket has 5/8" holes ...
Are you sure? I've got the quick change bucket on mine. The 'factory' accessory edge for it uses ½" (12mm) bolts with lock washers. (Not sure about hole diameter without removing a bolt). I used ¾" UHMW, counter-bored it to set the bolt heads (and a big washer) flush, which gives me about 3/8" of plastic under the bolt head, and used the half inch stainless bolts and nuts.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Yes, I've got 7 spaced holes that ARE 5/8" diameter. My BX23S bought new, 2018, does have the SSQA 48" bucket.
I was impressed that the bolt smoothly fit the holes when I made my own 'toothy bar', 3 years ago. still have the hardwood template for hole spacing here.
I may use 'elevator' bolts for the install. They have big diameter, shallow (thin) heads.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Yes, I've got 7 spaced holes that ARE 5/8" diameter. My BX23S bought new, 2018, does have the SSQA 48" bucket.
I was impressed that the bolt smoothly fit the holes when I made my own 'toothy bar', 3 years ago. still have the hardwood template for hole spacing here.
I may use 'elevator' bolts for the install. They have big diameter, shallow (thin) heads.
Mine's a 2021 BX2380 - essentially yours without the backhoe. Maybe they've changed the bucket a bit in the past few years.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
Ahern has or had quite a bit of stuff. That's where I got mine from. Guessing if you're in Eastern MA you didn't go with them then?